• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Goldeneye may have been confirmed for 2023 by Nintendo

Luneth

Bob-omb
So even if I was one of the people hoping for a December release, apparently Nintendo Australia confirmed in its website that hte game is scheduled for 2023. It may be an error, but who knows. That would leave us without December game.

"Even more Nintendo 64 games

Take to the skies with the recently released Pilotwings 64 game, and in 2023 more games will be gradually added to the Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch Online collection, including Mario Party™ 3, Pokémon Stadium™, Pokémon Stadium™ 2, and GoldenEye 007™."

IIRC the "2023" date was mainly an issue for Japan, as Nintendo has to go through a bunch of legal work to re-rate the N64 app + add parental controls to block the game for younger accounts. Since CERO is a bit iffy on depicitions of shooting humans.

it's straight up listed like this on Nintendo's japanese site.
  • 『ゴールデンアイ 007™』は18才未満の方には販売されません。
with a warning that you have to be 18 years old to be play it.

Speaking of which, for anyone who wants to know likely why Golden Eye is 18+ in Japan, compared to the (vast) majority of International markets being a lower age rating, it has to do with the fact you can kill/shoot non-hostile enemies. There isn't many instances of this in Golden Eye, mind (from memory anyway, been a long time since I've seen or even played anything from the game), but CERO has been known to cause ratings to sky rocket for this very reason (it's why inFamous is rated CERO Z/18+ in Japan, due to the morality and rewards systems, and why Jak II was censored in Japan, by removing the ability to kill civilians and collect dark eco from them).

Like the above poster mentioned, they may be having to retool the app and just a general warning that Golden Eye "specifically" is CERO Z and lock out play. The other option is Nintendo may isolate Golden Eye into it's own app (specifically in Japan), so it's not to cause the app to be age restricted. Regardless of how they choose to handle this, that is likely the hold up in why it's taking as much time as it is.

japan said the same back in the direct so yeah this isn't new but it also seems like Dec is very likely a gap month. Still stunned we never got GB-GBA.
Yes, but it seems strange to me that they launched Mario Party 1+2 at the very beginning of November. If there's no December game, it will make at least 2 full months without a release, that would be even weirder than the September gap, in which we at least had the direct and the more games coming announcement. Also, if there is no December game, it would have been easy for them to just split MP1 and 2 in two months. We'll see, I guess.
Speaking of which, for anyone who wants to know likely why Golden Eye is 18+ in Japan, compared to the (vast) majority of International markets being a lower age rating, it has to do with the fact you can kill/shoot non-hostile enemies. There isn't many instances of this in Golden Eye, mind (from memory anyway, been a long time since I've seen or even played anything from the game), but CERO has been known to cause ratings to sky rocket for this very reason (it's why inFamous is rated CERO Z/18+ in Japan, due to the morality and rewards systems, and why Jak II was censored in Japan, by removing the ability to kill civilians and collect dark eco from them).

Like the above poster mentioned, they may be having to retool the app and just a general warning that Golden Eye "specifically" is CERO Z and lock out play. The other option is Nintendo may isolate Golden Eye into it's own app (specifically in Japan), so it's not to cause the app to be age restricted. Regardless of how they choose to handle this, that is likely the hold up in why it's taking as much time as it is.
Good to know, it seems more complicated than one can thought at first. But I can imagine they would have had that almost solved by the time they announced the game.

japan said the same back in the direct so yeah this isn't new but it also seems like Dec is very likely a gap month. Still stunned we never got GB-GBA.
Probably saving it for the successor, just like themes and wallpapers.

Back
Top Bottom