• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut announced for PC, coming May 16th

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is coming to PC! We at Nixxes are thrilled to collaborate with the talented team at Sucker Punch Productions who created this critically acclaimed open-world action adventure. We are excited to bring Jin’s story to a new audience and to bring a Sucker Punch title to PC for the first time.

The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut includes the full game, the Iki Island expansion, and the cooperative online multiplayer Legends mode. For the past year, the team at Nixxes has been working hard to bring the Sucker Punch in-house engine technology to PC and implement PC features such as unlocked frame rates, a variety of graphics settings and presets, and customizable mouse and keyboard controls.

Fucking finally.

Literally the only Sony exclusive game that I actually care about coming to PC :LOL:

(FF7 doesn't count)

one of like 3 Sony games I've been interested in. Probably will pick this up once it hits like that $30-ish impulse buy territory

take this all back where's God of War Ragnarok 😭
Sorry, that's never really been my cup of tea 😅
My longing for Ghost of Tsushima on PC is mostly a result of my frustration with the direction of modern Assassin's Creed

Yes! One of the best PS4 games finally made its way to PC land.

I never did the Iki Island DLC....

Full price, but that was expected really.

It will eventually reach a price i'm willing to pay on key shops so this is most likely the version i'm going to end up playing.

Yeah, I’ll be grabbing this for Steam Deck eventually, fantastic game, loving these PS PC ports now I can play them on a handheld.

It is insane how this game looks on PS4 alone. Gonna be really cool to see how people get this running on a super beefed on PC.

Also this probably means GoT2 reveal soon? Right? Right Sony?

They're just warming up the audiences (and wallets) for the eventual Bloodborne PC port!

Any year now!

iu

I wonder if they’ll eventually start porting games from early PS4, even late PS3 era? Stuff like the Uncharted trilogy, Medievil remake, even Knack! Stuff like that would be cool to see, guess they may well do that to keep an income coming in seeing as games these days take years to develop.

Interesting! Might check it out sometime. This is one of the few Playstation exclusives I'm interested in, along with TLOU2 Remastered (I'll probably just play that on PS5 since I get the $10 upgrade there)
that kurosawa mode looks shit tho
Screenshot_20240212_104817_Chrome.jpg

It is insane how this game looks on PS4 alone. Gonna be really cool to see how people get this running on a super beefed on PC.

Also this probably means GoT2 reveal soon? Right? Right Sony?

If we go by recent comments that there will be no "major franchise" releases through March 2025, then that puts Ghost 2 as a spring 2025 game at the earliest. Assuming it does come out next year's (would make sense as Ghost 1 was 2020 so a 5 year difference), I'd say that a reveal this summer seems very likely.
I wonder if they’ll eventually start porting games from early PS4, even late PS3 era? Stuff like the Uncharted trilogy, Medievil remake, even Knack! Stuff like that would be cool to see, guess they may well do that to keep an income coming in seeing as games these days take years to develop.
Sony's current PC capacity with virtually everything going through Nixxis means that they are barely keeping up with current gen releases right now. Most of Sony's pre 2017 catalog probably isn't a high priority to begin with. It doesn't help that the PS3 games are probably a mess to port.

I still don't get the decision to port Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, but leave the original trilogy behind. Bluepoint ported the trilogy to PS4 ages ago.

If we go by recent comments that there will be no "major franchise" releases through March 2025, then that puts Ghost 2 as a spring 2025 game at the earliest. Assuming it does come out next year's (would make sense as Ghost 1 was 2020 so a 5 year difference), I'd say that a reveal this summer seems very likely.

Sony's current PC capacity with virtually everything going through Nixxis means that they are barely keeping up with current gen releases right now. Most of Sony's pre 2017 catalog probably isn't a high priority to begin with. It doesn't help that the PS3 games are probably a mess to port.

I still don't get the decision to port Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, but leave the original trilogy behind. Bluepoint ported the trilogy to PS4 ages ago.

Yeah, I don’t get skipping the OG trilogy either, it could be they are waiting for the next Uncharted to be unveiled for PS5 and then they drop the trilogy on PC as a way to get marketing going?

This is a pretty good game for anybody suffering from Zelda withdrawal. I will say it feels more like a highly polished Assassins' Creed game than BOTW or TOTK though. The movement is more restrictive than I would have liked. Your main side activity is clearing enemy bases which are fun but they definitely feel the same throughout the game. The shrines where you climb up stuff with no combat are fun too. Reminds me of the old climbing dungeons in Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood.

the trophy list is synced with the PS4/PS5 version, interestingly enough.
While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles. (Users who connect their existing account for PlayStation Network and unlocked trophies on Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut using the same account on PlayStation 5 will have the same Trophies unlocked on the PC version.) In addition, the PC version also has full support for Achievements on Steam and the Epic Games Store.
they’re also using the port to introduce a new overlay which lets you use various PlayStation Network features (messaging, crossplay.) outside of the console.

Ghost-of-Tsushima-Directors-Cut_2024_04-17-24_001-1280x900.jpg

in fact, you reportedly need a PSN account to play the online “legends” mode. which is particularly notable as previous PC releases only used account linking to unlock a few extra in-game items.

Back
Top Bottom