• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Geoff Keighley details The Game Awards 2021 and Beyond

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
I do think COVID delaying a lot of games will factor into how many games get revealed here, so what Geoff said about game reveals being in the double digits makes sense.

Perfect timezone to sleep well, skip all the cringe, the useless awards, the constant ads and just watch the 3-4 trailers that matter the next morning.

You are a real party pooper. :p
All this stuff makes this even fun! It's like the Oscars, without the bullshits it's just not the same.

I look forward to the reveal of Third Party Collaboration Nobody Predicted and which people greet with "that's it? Nintendo never do big things at TGA smh" and Zelda or Metroid Prime HD.

I'm not a fan of Hollywood's pompous autofellatio either.

I'm not surprised, but I also don't think those awards shows are for you then. :D
And I totally get not liking them, they are dumb, too long and pretty hollow. I just think they're fun.

“biggest lineup yet” - is he talking about the awards categories or the reveals here?

The latter, as always. The awards are just an afterthought.

I'm so happy lol

we can finally make actually interesting guesses for events like this
As someone who loves smash i agree. I know it’s not the case but it feels like they used it as an out in 2018 and last year

this would be a fantastic opportunity for botw2 title drop and gameplay

it's like poetry, it rhymes
Double agree. It’s time to get the ball rolling if 2022 is actually happening for it.

A smash reveal.

Oh wait.

It’s over.
That's a good thing imo; even as a fan of Smash, Ultimate felt reeeaallly dragged out with how much DLC it got, and seeing it as a Big Reveal™ in every Direct or TGA got kinda old lol.

Anyway, as for my TGA predictions? BorW2 is an obvious possibility, and maybe something else like Xenoblade 3 or even the next FE or Odyssey 2 or something? Eh, they probably wouldn't show both 3d Zelda and 3d Mario at the same TGA event, so maybe not that last one. Also, RE Outrage could show up.

As for non-Nintendo predictions, I think we could finally see more of FFXVI and maybe even the rumored Silent Hill game.

Putting “new reveals in the double digits” in the same line as “40-50 games featured” sure is a choice. That’s going to make for some fun salt filled reactionary threads to read the next morning. Because you know there’s going to be a contingent of people who are going to link the two together and expect 40-50 new games when in reality “double digits” means a minimum of 10.

Gonna be packing popcorn that day for sure.

I will never understand why it's not on the weekend. How on earth is a European citizen expected to watch this show live on a week day in the middle of the night until the early morning?!
In Brazil it starts around 23h if I'm not mistaken and the thing lasts for around 3 hours? It does not work very much for us as well.

Am I alone in just not standing that guy? He really rubs me the wrong way. Like some kind of Monster Energy Drink brought to life in human form. And I find the show so cringey lol

Trailers are always cool I will admit. It is like the Super Bowl. Care less about the footsball, but hey commercials can be pretty spiffy lol

Yes,my most wanted Ports will be there: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Halo Trilogy and Mass Effect Trilogy.

Also Nintendo will reveal Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Capcom Resident Evil Outrage, Atlas brings Persona 5 Royal Deluxe, Square Enix/ Disney with Mushroom Kingdom Hearts and Sony brings God of War to Switch.

Master Chief and Kratos get a double reveal as the true last Smaah Charakters in an epic "Spartan Trailer" ( Surprise!).

What could go wrong?

Am I alone in just not standing that guy? He really rubs me the wrong way. Like some kind of Monster Energy Drink brought to life in human form. And I find the show so cringey lol

Trailers are always cool I will admit. It is like the Super Bowl. Care less about the footsball, but hey commercials can be pretty spiffy lol
TGA mostly seems to exist because the industry doesn’t have a big winter event on the scale of E3 to announce stuff for the next 6 months.

If I want to watch something like the Oscars I’ll watch the GDC awards shows. Your Super Bowl comparison is spot on.

The big things from Nintendo I can see are Xenoblade 3 or another look at BOTW2.

Something smaller akin to NMH3 trailer or Bravely Default 2 reveal is probably more likely though.

I can see BotW 2 being shown here, only because I don’t see it showing up in the inevitable February/March Direct yet I also don’t think Nintendo will wait until E3 to show it again.

Speaking of BotW, the last time I watched these awards live was the year Miyamoto and Aonuma showed gameplay, but I fell asleep before it even got to that part.

Hopefully this isn't another "it's boring until Sephiroth" or whatever Nintendo feels like showing (another BotW2 trailer maybe?)

This interview was published by Epic (btw what the heck lol) so i guess we will probably see something from their publishing arm...and a ton of Fortnite.

Alan Wake 2 and Ueda's next game please.

I will refresh this forum every few minutes for the interesting announcements, because there's no way I'm sitting through another TGA show.

I’ve been saying he’s been hyping this one up. With Covid this is truly the first Game Awards where devs can have games to show.

What does "true next-gen stuff" even mean? Geoff is a great guy but I can't with his hype. It's all buzzwords.
It means that the game is only possible on next-gen consoles, meaning the PS5 and Series X. It’s sad how this expression is still a thing for a few people that are desperate to validate their purchases. When you consider that pretty much all of the 8th generation’s iconic games could run on 7th gen hardware, you know that next-gen doesn’t mean anything nowadays

Anyway I’m done with the VGA after they brought a war criminal last year

Back
Top Bottom