• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Gematsu: Ubisoft Japan leak Star Wars Outlaws release date - Aug 30th

Hopefully it’s good, first big AAA Star Wars game outside of EA since the exclusivity deal

Dunno if i want to support Ubisoft with my money ... but if i end up doing so, i can at least wait two weeks so they get less.

Outlaws should be a fun game. Kinda disappointed we're playing a preset character instead of a custom avatar, but I've liked what I've seen of it regardless! Ubisoft's next gen version of Snowdrop looks impressive, too.

Outlaws should be a fun game. Kinda disappointed we're playing a preset character instead of a custom avatar, but I've liked what I've seen of it regardless! Ubisoft's next gen version of Snowdrop looks impressive, too.

Lucasfilm are all about an interconnected lore atm so I'm not surprised it's a preset character. Cutscenes should be a lot better this way at least.

I'm excited to experience something non-Jedi, feels like there's a lot of that around atm, and even more on the way.

This looks really goo, and I’m not usually a big starwars guy. Great main character design, and the world looks fun to explore

I genuinely hope it's a good game. I think it will be a prime candidate for a Switch 2 release at launch.

Last edited:
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I wasn't exactly blown away last year with what was shown. Seemed a little rough and rigid.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I wasn't exactly blown away last year with what was shown. Seemed a little rough and rigid.
I felt once it got out of the kinda meh stealth action in closed quarters at the start of the demo, into the open world and then going from the planet into space and having space dogfights etc... it improved a lot

I'm excited to experience something non-Jedi, feels like there's a lot of that around atm, and even more on the way.
Before the Mandalorian/Dark Forces successor game was killed off almost as soon as we were reminded of its existence, I was daring to hope that may be we were seeing that kind of turn around. More is the pity.

Before the Mandalorian/Dark Forces successor game was killed off almost as soon as we were reminded of its existence, I was daring to hope that may be we were seeing that kind of turn around. More is the pity.

I'm with you. Sadly for us the lightsaber/force user/Jedi fans are a vocal bunch :LOL:

I'm with you. Sadly for us the lightsaber/force user/Jedi fans are a vocal bunch :LOL:
And don't get me wrong, I love myself some space ninja-samurai wizards and their space magic, too. I just merely ask why be limited to them, when we got basically space Power Rangers in the Mandos, a whole hunter guild's worth of colorful personalities that hunt interesting people/things, and I guess space cowboys/girls, like in Outlaws, to pull from.

Guess it's all on Bitreactor's strategy game to provide something else interesting, now...

I felt once it got out of the kinda meh stealth action in closed quarters at the start of the demo, into the open world and then going from the planet into space and having space dogfights etc... it improved a lot
that's the only reason I'm optimistic haha

And don't get me wrong, I love myself some space ninja-samurai wizards and their space magic, too. I just merely ask why be limited to them, when we got basically space Power Rangers in the Mandos, a whole hunter guild's worth of colorful personalities that hunt interesting people/things, and I guess space cowboys/girls, like in Outlaws, to pull from.

Guess it's all on Bitreactor's strategy game to provide something else interesting, now...

I'm hoping the strategy game will focus more on the military side of things. capital ships, fighters, bases, walkers etc, from all three trilogies 🙏 so that'll be a point of difference too.

Game looks interesting, I think I'll sub for 1 month on PC and give it a go.

The dialogue in trailer was pretty bad and generic but it looks pretty fun (especially since it’s the first open world SW game). Main character is kinda meh but in it for the commando droid companion. Honestly really curious how the 5 planets and traversal is gonna work.

I'm hoping the strategy game will focus more on the military side of things. capital ships, fighters, bases, walkers etc, from all three trilogies 🙏 so that'll be a point of difference too.
That's more or less what I expect, even if I'd prefer something more on the "grander" scale of things and running entire governments/factions, utilizing war, diplomacy or subterfuge to get worlds under your thumb, etc., all while you vie for galactic supremacy.

Or in other words: You can't have the Marvel comics and various books with whole plot arcs about Black Sun, Crimson Dawn, the Syndicate War and the like, and NOT want me to get in on that shit.

The dialogue in trailer was pretty bad and generic but it looks pretty fun (especially since it’s the first open world SW game). Main character is kinda meh but in it for the commando droid companion. Honestly really curious how the 5 planets and traversal is gonna work.

I also thought the main character's voice performance/dialogue sounded a little weak tbh, but it'll probably (hopefully) sound better in-game. But yeah seems a pretty generic story, which I was kind of expecting from Ubisoft. I figured it wouldn't be as high quality as EA's games.

So planet wise it looks like:

Cantonica (Canto Bight)
Toshara
Akiva
Kijimi
Tatooine

Good mix there, modern high class planet, savanna, forest (I think that's what Akiva is?), snow and desert.

it could be, but it could also be to prevent early leaks with the installation alone needing online
I guess that would solve my primary issue with it (the storage part), but not all of it (being able to play something I purchase without needing an internet connection). Not a practice I want to support at full price either way.

hands on preview

Mirogana is dense and multi-leveled, but it was intentionally designed to not be a sprawling city like in other open-world games. "If you open up the map, the location that we've built for Mirogana is quite compact," creative director Julian Gerighty says. "What we wanted to do is to have something that is very dense in activities rather than super expansive where you get lost, and there's not much to do. It's very, very focused on providing a dense, busy city experience."
The Reputation System represents your standing with these four syndicates, ranging from Terrible to Excellent for each individual group. Your reputation with each syndicate determines how that criminal organization treats you. Having a good reputation may mean they let you walk freely in their hideouts, offer you special stock or discounts at shops in their territories, and even help you out if you get into a hairy situation with another syndicate or even the Empire.

a lot more

Back
Top Bottom