• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News (Gematsu) No Man’s Sky ‘Omega’ update now available (Play it for free this weekend US E-shop)

Tircros

Cappy

US e-shop:

Still amazes me this game is one Switch and the performance has improved since launch while getting content parity updates on all platforms.

Probably a lock but hoping to keep playing this on Switch 2

New update is pretty solid. A ton of QoL that makes the whole expedition process much snappier. I'm happy with it, especially considering datamines have discovered a ton of cool shit that's on the way.

I assume it works similarly to the Splat test demo's Nintendo did. It'll connect online and check to see what the time is, and if it's past the time set, it'll lock you out. Unlike the splattest's however, it'll share it's save data with the full version of the game for easy transfer.

Just loaded it up right now...

Is it just me or does the game even look better than before on Switch? The smaller vegitation that was completely absent before seems to now be present. Framerate seems to be a lot smoother, too.

Just loaded it up right now...

Is it just me or does the game even look better than before on Switch? The smaller vegitation that was completely absent before seems to now be present. Framerate seems to be a lot smoother, too.
They brought FSR2 to the switch version the last year

Quoted by: SiG
They bring FSR2 to the switch version the last year
I know, but even this newer version seems to have really tweaked level of details or did some more optimization under the hood to make it look much more visually denser than it did post-FSR2 update.

There is something I don't understand, you download the demo and it is forever like the temporary demo of xenoverse 2, or does it only work for x amount of time?
Nintendo Switch Online Game Trials allow you to download the full game, but with a timer. Once the period expires, the game is no longer accessible unless you buy it outright. Isn't this the same system?

Nintendo Switch Online Game Trials allow you to download the full game, but with a timer. Once the period expires, the game is no longer accessible unless you buy it outright. Isn't this the same system?
As far as I know, it is not the same system.

Quoted by: SiG
There is something I don't understand, you download the demo and it is forever like the temporary demo of xenoverse 2, or does it only work for x amount of time?
It shows every other game mode as loked and only the omega campaign with, at least yesterday, 4 days to be able to be played.

Shit. It's got me hooked. Either I use a voucher on it or play it on Game Pass and, since there's no cross saves, hope it stays on there for a while.

Though with all the updates, I do think a Switch 2 upgrade patch is pretty likely :unsure: hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom