• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Serious Games You Like Replaying

There is 1 game I replay at least once a year (7th dragon) and one I replay from time to time (SJR)

jsFkaQq.png
s3Wf7AL.png

7th Dragon is one of my favorite ever (my favorite 3DS game) and I never get tired on playing it, over almost 400 hours in it lol.

I love EO, but replaying them is a bit difficult, but SJR has that happy medium that I like so I love coming back to it every now and then.

There is 1 game I replay at least once a year (7th dragon) and one I replay from time to time (SJR)

jsFkaQq.png
s3Wf7AL.png

7th Dragon is one of my favorite ever (my favorite 3DS game) and I never get tired on playing it, over almost 400 hours in it lol.

I love EO, but replaying them is a bit difficult, but SJR has that happy medium that I like so I love coming back to it every now and then.
Are the 7th Dragon games good? I remember playing the DEMO on the 3Ds, but never quite got into it

And I love Strange Journey!

Are the 7th Dragon games good? I remember playing the DEMO on the 3Ds, but never quite got into it

And I love Strange Journey!
I've only played 2 out of the 4 games in the series. I really like the party system and how non-fighting members can participate. Also the classes are fun, you have a hacker that uses guns, a pugilist monk that heals, among others. The soundtrack is killer. I will say, the game has some difficulty spikes, but there options. The story is wacky, very sci-fi with a nice twist. If you ever get the change I would recommend given it a go, atleast VFD.

spiderman 2018. that game just has a way to hypnotize me and then all of a sudden a week has passed and im screaming "YOU WERE EVERYTHING I WANTED TO BE"
Is that the PS4 game? i like spiderman, but I’ve never bothered with it, even though I’ve seen praise for it

any of the gen 2 Pokemon games
original FF7
original Ocarina of Time
Gamecube Animal Crossing
Stardew Valley
both of the Dragon Quest Builders games
DQ8

Last edited:
The games that live rent free on my head since my childhood, mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina. Also i've played resident evil 4 on almost every Platform that i own.

I replay Banjo-Kazooie yearly. Sometimes multiple times a year. Aside from that, it just really depends on the mood and I’m feeling up for another replay. But Banjo is the only game that I replay consistently.

I've replayed the Mario Galaxy games upwards of a couple dozen times. I let the game sit for a while before another playthrough, but the magic crafted into those games still brings a smile to my face. Probably because the first Galaxy game was when I started to really invest myself into Nintendo's ecosystem.

I "pick up" and "put down" a wide variety of games as well - BOTW/TOTK, Soulsbournes, Simulation games - but not to the point where I'm replaying cover to cover.

I have said it many times on this board but it is "A Link to the Past" for me. I love that game and I know it very well. Discovering randomizer a few years ago injected a ton of new life into it as well.

What's your replayable game of all time?

Outlast 100%. I bought it on PC first, then Bundle of Terror on Switch was I think my second Switch digital purchase.
I played through Outlast about 9 times probably. Whistleblower DLC about 5 times. I love horror games.

As a kid my most replayed game was Turok Evolution on Gamecube. I played through it probably 10 times😊

Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are staples I return to every few years or so. I don't replay games often. I'll sometimes hop back on retro/classic games I haven't played in over a decade, particularly Nintendo titles. I've found myself going back to The Binding of Isaac here and there, as well.

There are a small number of games I've played a second time, many many years after the first play through. OG Zelda, Link to the Past, SMB1. Mostly games that I looked at with adults eyes. But I've never really understood replaying games. It's just not how I engage with them.

I'm with you. My brain also doesn't work like that. Same with books, movies, tv, etc.

The exception is when I'm introducing it to another person for the first time. So I've seen Porco Rosso and Moonstruck loads of times, each time showing it to someone who has never seen it. Something about seeing it through new eyes, and the enthusiasm of sharing.

I'm with you. My brain also doesn't work like that. Same with books, movies, tv, etc.

The exception is when I'm introducing it to another person for the first time. So I've seen Porco Rosso and Moonstruck loads of times, each time showing it to someone who has never seen it. Something about seeing it through new eyes, and the enthusiasm of sharing.
I mean, both those films also really hold up...

Back
Top Bottom