• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Game Pitch: They should make a 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game where Sonic controls like a car

I don't know about any of this, but I remember the Sonic Unleashed demo was the most fun I've ever had with 3D Sonic (and Sonic in general aside from Rush, which is my favorite Sonic game).

Back then I got a PS3 from my parents but had no money to actually buy games, so I went crazy downloading demos lol Having easy access to game demos was actually novel at that time. And Sonic Unleashed had one of the best demos I've ever played, the first stage was incredible and I remember playing it over and over until I could consistently S rank it.

Unfortunately, when I finally was able to purchase the full game, it kind of sucked lol the first stage was still amazing, but the werewolf sections were the main meat of
the game and were insufferable. The other daytime stages got a little too complicated for me to master as well, and I ended up never finishing the game.

One day Sonic will click for me. Maybe.
Have you tried Generations? They basically just took the Unleashed gameplay and replaced the Werehog stuff with Classic Sonic sidescroller stuff. The "oh shit this got complicated" issue is still there, but in my opinion only for the very last level.

But your assessment of Unleashed is spot-on. It got a bad rep but the Day stages were fantastic imo, though it did get too hard for me to comfortably play starting around the American level. And I didn't have too much of an issue with the Werehog gameplay (wished the levels were about half as long tho) but I really really wished if they wanted beat-em-up sections that they woulda just brought in Knuckles and made it make sense.

Back
Top Bottom