• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Future/current Oled users will you be picking up the Switch pro if it comes out next year or stick with the oled?

Will you pick up the switch pro if you got the oled?

• Yes

Votes: 72 84.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm curious if Nintendo releases the Pro/switch 2 next year will people who have bought or planning to buy the oled buy another switch model if it comes out.

Yeah. The OLED is nice, but I’ll always get new Nintendo Hardware, especially if the games are there day one.

Definitely.

I was going to skip the OLED, but then (after some coaxing) my cousin decided he wanted a Switch.

So I had a good reason to give him my old one and buy myself a new one!

Anyway, Switch Pro is a definite go

I've already spent my money on the OLED. if there's a pro next year it will have to wait, and I'll play less on switch to compensate

most of us who bought OLED as a luxury Nintendo purchase will definitely shell out for a major hardware upgrade

If a Zelda limited edition one comes out I will upgrade immediately, if not I will probably wait...….maybe.

Yea. I was just able to buy the OLED Model this weekend and, as long as long as I get a year of use out of it, I'll pick up the upgrade.

I mostly bought the OLED because, as nice as it would be to have a Switch Pro or 2, I just can't wait forever for there to be anything beyond insider speculation. So I upgraded to OLED, and the upgrade has been huge, so definitely money well spent.

When the beefy Switch eventually comes, I'll be there.

I would be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't get it. So yeah, I would buy a Pro model, even if I'm expecting a "2" and not a "Pro." I'm gonna get my money's worth out of my OLED in the meantime, though, especially with my commuting.

After a while of not really being in a great position to grab a Switch, being unsure as to whether a new model would arrive -- especially if it might possibly have obvious joycon improvements! -- and whether I'd then be able to justify getting it so soon after getting an OLED, is actually a large part of why I haven't tried to get the OLED yet.

I've obtained some games for when I have a Switch, and the uncertainty as to how long a wait it could be causes me to lean toward grabbing the OLED, but I also hope for joycon improvements and certain game releases tied to the next console.

So, I guess the answer is that, if I do get an OLED, I probably then wouldn't be getting the upgrade any time soon.

I have four 3DS systems in this household, so yeah, no brained for me lol if a pro does not have OLED, I will still keep the OLED model though for games the at don’t take advantage of a hypothetical Pro.

Software is king and I mean third party. We know next switch will be cross-gen with current, OLED for 1st party. If big games aren’t available from third party publishers than I just keep my OLED and I’m fine.

I dont really have much else to spend on, already have a gaming laptop, an xbox and no interest in a ps5, and it will be a worthwhile purchase I am pretty sure. That and if i dont jump on it asap it probably will be supply shortaged into 2025 or something.

Absolutely going to switch from OLED to Pro if there is one. I just sold my launch model Switch for 210€ on EBay and I will do the same with the OLED then, and I will make sure to keep it in the best condition possible this time to keep even more value.

Oh absolutely, I went into the OLED eyes wide open on the purchase. I have the benefit of multiple gamers in the house and lots of kids in the extended family so it's easy to just to go ahead and let others enjoy the benefits of the domino effect without feeling any regret. They could release this spring and I'd feel fine about it hah i just really like Nintendo hardware so there's no real issue on my end.

100% in for the upgrade on launch. I'm in for any sort of meaningful upgrade, which is why I got the OLED even though I haven't been playing handheld as much lately.

Definately, I still enjoy the OLED panel as an upgrade and I wouldn't want to stick with the V1/V2 until the 4K model launches.
But then I also did the "upgrade" to the V2 and OLED day one. Luckily due to the demand for the Switch it's quite easy to sell the old version and upgrade for a minimum extra. I got the OLED cheaper then I sold my V2 so it wasn't even a thing to think about.

I bought the OLED since i had the money, and could sell my old Switch. I really want to play BOTW2 in the best way possible, so if it launch around the same time as BOTW2, i would buy it immediately. If BOTW2 i delayed again i would wait a bit.

Yes, as long i trade/sell my current OLED Switch i could justify the price for a better experience.
Even if it doesn't have a lot of exclusive games or a lot of improvements on existing games (which i doubt) , i would be happy with a steadier framerate and higher resolutions on games with dynamic resolution.
This assuming that the model will have a OLED panel, because you know... Nintendo.

There won't be one but I'd probably buy them both even if they were only 8 months apart.

I have bought and still own every single piece of Nintendo hardware the company has launched on day 1 since the DS Lite. I have owned within launch window since the Gamecube, and within the first year since the GBA. This includes every revision, such as the 2DS systems, even though I had the 3DSes.

So no, I won't miss it, because I'm a consumerist masochist masquerading as a collector. I also wouldn't do the trade-in upgrade, I'd instead make this the fourth Switch in my house.

will a pro/2 still have an oled screen is what im wondering... imagine it going back to the lcd, lmao.

I have bought and still own every single piece of Nintendo hardware the company has launched on day 1 since the DS Lite. I have owned within launch window since the Gamecube, and within the first year since the GBA. This includes every revision, such as the 2DS systems, even though I had the 3DSes.

So no, I won't miss it, because I'm a consumerist masochist masquerading as a collector. I also wouldn't do the trade-in upgrade, I'd instead make this the fourth Switch in my house.

Lmao I respect how honest this is. Never change who you are! Although you've prodded the bear with that last sentence, we'll probably be polled on how many switches we all have next

I don't have the money to burn to buy both, no.

I remain unconvinced that there will exist a "pro" in the near future, meaning next year, hence I went with an OLED. After that, we're solidly in "Full new console" territory in terms of timing anyway.

Can it play Xenoblade DE/2/3 at 4k?

Yes > buy
No > wait until it can

I will get the pro when it comes out. I only play on Switch really and in handheld so anything that improves that experience is an instant buy for me. I really hope they keep the OLED screen for the pro though.

Yeah, but if it's out within 2 years of the release of the OLED I'll probably have to sell the OLED/get a divorce to be able to buy it.

I prefer the Lite to the OG for handheld play, so I've held off on the OLED and got a Series X instead. I'll happily get a Super Switch.

Absolutely going to switch from OLED to Pro if there is one. I just sold my launch model Switch for 210€ on EBay and I will do the same with the OLED then, and I will make sure to keep it in the best condition possible this time to keep even more value.

Aren’t launch NSW going for 300+ because of their ‘moddability’?
210 doesn’t seem a lot when you take in eBay’s risk factor and % cut.

Aren’t launch NSW going for 300+ because of their ‘moddability’?
210 doesn’t seem a lot when you take in eBay’s risk factor and % cut.
Joy-Cons are not working and it’s in a not great condition though it‘s working. Didn’t feel good in taking more money, just looked at comparable prices (also german eBay).

I doubt it. The OLED addresses my biggest concerns (performance/graphics are low on my totem pole).

But I am a Nintendo shill so who knows.

If there’s new games, then yeah, otherwise probably not. I was going to get the OLED since I play entirely handheld, but I couldn’t find one and after 100% in Dread, I’ve decided the V1 is fine for me. I don’t think a 4K Switch would do anything for me unless it had exclusive games.

Yes. I always end up regretting not picking up revisions / upgrades.

Yeah and I’ll sell my OLED to cover some of the costs. I travel for work so I’ll get my use out of it.

I usually get them all. If cost is an issue you can just trade in old models for new ones and get a good return.

Back
Top Bottom