• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Front Mission 1st releases in November, FM2 in 2023, remake of FM3 to follow. [up: FM1 launches 30 November]

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him
Front Mission 1 releases in November
Front Mission 2 releases in 2023
Front Mission 3 coming in the future

More media to follow as I find it.

Really pleased to see a FM3 remake is in the works, one of the best SRPGs ever made.

Gamespot:

Nintendo outlined a release cadence for the planned Front Mission remakes on Switch and confirmed a remake of 3 is also in the works.

During Nintendo's September 13 Direct presentation it showed off some of the Front Mission and Front Mission 2 remakes, confirmed 3 is also being worked on, and shared release windows.

The remake of Front Mission is planned for November. The remake of Front Mission 2 (a game that originally did not release outside of Japan) is coming in 2023. Front Mission 2 adds 80 new skills from the first game. Finally, Nintendo revealed Front Mission 3 will come... eventually. Mainly, Nintendo was just confirming that it is in development

Last edited:
Glad to see it back from nowhere. Though that puts two major Square Enix grid tactics remakes in the same month.
Yeah great isn’t it :D

But yeah I’m not sure what they are thinking releasing FM 1st on top of Tactics Ogre. Diofield Chronicle out at the end of September too.

"I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. If you are being developed by someone else that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you aren't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will remake you".

- Forever Entertainment whenever they come across an iconic but not AAA ip

Last edited:
I was worried as the site of Forever Entertainment changed the release window from Summer to Soon. It looks pretty great this remake.

The announcement of the third remake before even the first is out made me laugh ngl
Yeah made me laugh too, right after I’d stopped cheering! FM3 is probably my favourite SRPG.
I was worried as the site of Forever Entertainment changed the release window from Summer to Soon. It looks pretty great this remake.
I assumed it had been delayed too. What a packed release schedule even just for the SRPG genre. Seeing Front Mission and Tactics Ogre in November, only a few weeks after Diofield and Mario/Rabbids, and then Fire Emblem in Jan.

Glad to see it back from nowhere. Though that puts two major Square Enix grid tactics remakes in the same month.
Yup. And I love me some Front Mission!

...But I love Tactics Ogre more... So yeah. Mercy Square-Enix, is there really no more advantageous release window?

December seems more clear of Strategy RPGs for instance.

I’m increasingly feeling like Nintendo is gonna drop Advance Wars right on top of Fire Emblem too :D

I suppose this is a silly question, but... is there any chance this is getting a physical release?
I'd say so, both Panzer Dragoon and House of the Dead have which were previous licensed games from Forever Entertainment. It won't be day 1 though.

I'll wait for the inevitable* retail release with all three games on one cart.

*Citation needed.

Really pushing at the limits of what “November” is 😂

Have they said if the bonus campaign from the PS1/DS version is included?

Also I hope they drop some OST samples too. Really excited to see more people get some exposure to Yoko Shimomura’s pre-KH music and Noriko Matsueda dropped some very chill themes for the town areas

Since stuff from Forever Entertainment come to platforms about 6 months after I’ll likely just wait for the PC port but looks neat but FM2 looks far better.

Hmmm, the UCS/USN story isn't included in this version, then? Been absolutely no sign of it so far...
Glad they are keeping the names the same and aren't changing it or any of the character art (Amano's best work at Squaresoft, by the way).

Hype cycle seems to be ramping up. Details on Classic vs. Modern mode:

I'm seriously missing the little hopping animation of the mechs as they move around the board, and it looks like classic may just warp things around the board? Although that could just be footage from an unfinished build.

Hype cycle seems to be ramping up. Details on Classic vs. Modern mode:

I'm seriously missing the little hopping animation of the mechs as they move around the board, and it looks like classic may just warp things around the board? Although that could just be footage from an unfinished build.
Good spot, yeah it did just look like the blue mech teleported, where as in modern mode they were boosting around. I liked the sound effects of jumps and boosting in old FM games (and am pleased to see mechs being knocked back by impact during combat) as all that stuff helps make them feel really weighty.

Confirms both storylines are in, a lot of QoL and options available. I hope these are also the same for FM2 and FM3 also.

Good spot, yeah it did just look like the blue mech teleported, where as in modern mode they were boosting around. I liked the sound effects of jumps and boosting in old FM games (and am pleased to see mechs being knocked back by impact during combat) as all that stuff helps make them feel really weighty.
Newest trailer showed a mech walking around in Classic so I'm thinking there's an option to skip the movement animation

Nice! I thought we'd wait longer, as there's still no word on Panzer Dragoon Zwei or House of the Dead 2 remakes.

Excellent, we never got this one and my understanding is that the load times were particularly bad in the PS1 version so hopefully that's rectified with this release.

Ah, the Ogre Battle method. I always heard FM2 was the one to play—can I assume I'd be all right to jump in with that one?
No idea! It was never localized. Most likely there will be references to the Huffman Isle Conflict which is the events of the first game. The series also has several fictional alliances that may come up but I don’t remember how well those get explained in terms of member states, etc.

Anyways it’s nothing you probably couldn’t look up in a wiki at this point.

Any word if there’s a standard edition without the bonuses? I’m assuming no because of the price point but I don’t need those other things.

I think that Front Mission 1st has been the best of the recent Forever Entertainment "remastermakes" on Switch so far
let's keep the goodness roll with the sequel!

I'm so damn excited for 2. Will be like getting a new Front Mission game since we (outside of Japan) never got it before. Glad they kept the amazing original character artwork too.

Back
Top Bottom