• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Freedom Planet is 70% off on eshop worldwide (or eu + us)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailzo

Paratroopa
Freedom-Planet-02.jpg

So back in 2015 maybe, I bought a really cool game for wiiu. It would take years to come to other consoles, so for me it still feel like one of the best wiiu games, despite having ports for pc, linux, ps4 and switch. The game is perfect for switch though. It is very much in the vein of Sonic the Hedgehog and has really nice 2d graphics. If you’re unsure, check out the demo.

Feel free to ask me about it, I’m about to play it again for the first time in years :)
Freedom-Planet-01.jpg

“Very much in the vein of Sonic”… I think this started out as a Sonic fan game?
Correct

Freedom Planet is a 2D platform video game developed and published by GalaxyTrail, a studio set up by designer Sabrina DiDuro. ... The game began development as a Sonic the Hedgehog fangame using characters created by DeviantArt user Ziyo Ling for its main cast.

Wikipedia (I’m on mobile)

Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/freedom-planet

This is a very good game, the game reminded me of Dynamite Headdy in parts with the chaos going on during boss battles.

Feels like I've been waiting for Freedom Planet 2 forever.

* googles *

Oh!!!! Spring 2022 for Switch confirmed!! Holy cow! Okay I'm giddy now.

Just a little bump in case someone from Europe missed the thread. The game is excellent :)

Freedom Planet is a must-play if you like Sonic-style platformers imo. It's very much its own spin on the formula despite starting as a Sonic fangame.

Can't wait for the sequel.

I played this on Wii U. As a not the biggest Sonic fan, this was a better game, at least until Sonic Mania, if you don't count music and presentation. So if you are a Sonic fan, you should play it.

Didn't like the level design much is what I remember of this game. A sonic like game is very tricky to have good level design with though.

Didn't like the level design much is what I remember of this game. A sonic like game is very tricky to have good level design with though.
It has bigger levels than most Sonic games, with more maze-like structure, think closer to Sonic CD than Sonic 2. That’s how I remember it. I only had time to play 2 levels on the switch version, but it seemed to be like I remember.

It has bigger levels than most Sonic games, with more maze-like structure, think closer to Sonic CD than Sonic 2. That’s how I remember it. I only had time to play 2 levels on the switch version, but it seemed to be like I remember.
Yeah like sonic Cd indeed. It's all over the place and there's no sense of place most of the time. Still great game despite that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom