• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

NSO Four new titles coming to NSO Expansion Pack today: The Legend of Zelda: ALttP & Four Swords, Metroid: Zero Mission, Turok, and Perfect Dark

Interesting that a game that has a Nightdive remaster still made it. I hope they put Shadow Man in there one day.

four really good drops for today, but I think the biggest one is Turok. It shows that some companies are willing to put games on the service even if there is remastered versions on it already available.

Feel like I’ve been waiting ages for Metroid Zero Mission. Only 2D Metroid outside of the first 2 I never finished. I’m excited!

so this is interesting, on the N64 App, it lists nightdive studios as the company for it. I know they made the remaster, but does that mean they own the rights to the game? Who currently owns those rights?

Awesome drop, a bit sad we didn't get any form of teases for future games, but Turok was super unexpected and Perfect Dark is a nice surprise.

Still hoping they convince Konami to put their N64 stuff on the system.

They'll probably get round to it eventually but it would have been cooler to get Turok: Rage Wars considering that's the one that doesn't have a remaster and the NSO's online multiplayer functionality would have gone nicely with it... or maybe they are doing a remaster and that's why.

Pretty funny/sad the main game I wanted from Rare on NSO+ was Banjo Tooie and that's looking likely to be the last one lol. >_<

Best Metroid game finally! And Four Swords is an untapped source of Zelda fun they should be doing more things like this with!

so this is interesting, on the N64 App, it lists nightdive studios as the company for it. I know they made the remaster, but does that mean they own the rights to the game? Who currently owns those rights?
Nightdive do, yes

Already mentioned this in the Direct thread, but excited to finally play Zero Mission! If I like it, I think I'll use it as a springboard to play the rest of the 2D Metroid series. It's one of the bigger gaps in my Nintendo playtime, I feel like.

How has Perfect Dark aged? It seems like a lot of people love it, and I've yet to try it.

oh I didn't know they actually owned the rights to the game, thats cool. Shows what I know haha. Guess that means that all 3 turok games will be coming on the NSO service than

Already mentioned this in the Direct thread, but excited to finally play Zero Mission! If I like it, I think I'll use it as a springboard to play the rest of the 2D Metroid series. It's one of the bigger gaps in my Nintendo playtime, I feel like.

How has Perfect Dark aged? It seems like a lot of people love it, and I've yet to try it.
It has a lot more content than Goldeneye, features voice acting, coop and even Counter-Operative (one player can reincarnate in any enemy like an Agent in the Matrix and must do everything to kill the player. The thing is, the Counter Op is very weak and can only use what the possessed character owns. Also the Counter Op can't sabotage any crucial item.

Mutiplayer up to 8 bots you can customize from aspect to AI and even give them a unique trait. You can choose the music you want to listen during multiplayer, create your own weapon drops etc. It is insane, when you consider what it's running on and when it was released. And you can save your Multiplayer settings and create your own rules.

It is also possible to give orders to the bots in your team.

Last edited:
Perfect Dark! I'm in tears!
Counter Coop online with a stable frame rate?! Oh my God!
Same. Been waiting for this since 2010, when I came back to videogames. I actually considered buying some used X360 just to play the XBLA version, but I never could.

I can't believe it's finally happening...

I'll try Perfect Dark but I haven't been impressed with Rare outside of DKC so far. Loving Metroid, Zelda, and Turok though.

I'm not home right now. Is the N64 mature app completely separate from the regular N64 app? The libraries won't be together???

I'm not home right now. Is the N64 mature app completely separate from the regular N64 app? The libraries won't be together???
Unfortunately it appears so, which is my only disappointment about this announcement. I was hoping that there would be an option to download these games on the regular N64 app since I dislike the black mature bar on the new app.

well I guess I'm playing Zero Mission again

Also probably gonna check out Perfect Dark. I missed that one back in the day and the Xbox showcase has me Perfect Dark-curious

yea its similar to how the Japan NSO app is. So as of right now its just perfect dark and turok.

Unfortunately it appears so, which is my only disappointment about this announcement. I was hoping that there would be an option to download these games on the regular N64 app since I dislike the black mature bar on the new app.

Ugh. This isn't good for my OCD.

Glad to see the n64 NSO is alive and well, looking forward to dk64, dkr, and who the heck knows what else, feel pretty hopeful on Japanese third party support

Top-tier stuff right here and it's all out today.

With Mature 17+, I really hope we can get MK Trilogy and MK4 sometime down the road.

The inclusion of a Mature 17+ Specific tier of the N64 NSO app makes me to believe their plan is to launch many more M-Rated titles.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is almost a given later on. We might get the remaining Turok titles, including the rather forgettable Rage Wars. Mortal Kombat, and maybe even Killer Instinct would make their way. And like Turok remastered, Doom 64 may be included, along with Hexen, maybe Body Harvest, and/or Duke Nukem Zero Hour.

There's plenty of M-Rated titles out there, though most of them are either Fighting games, or shooters.

But either way, I'm excited to replay Perfect Dark. It's been a long time.

Great drop today, I'm a bit sad we didn't get another roadmap or anything, though I get that we're running pretty slim on potential options for some of these consoles.

the no third-party streak for GBA continues

k7KTsmO.png

i know we all want the roadmaps so we can know that things are still coming and that they are exciting things that we like and all

but damn I really love these NSO shadow drop days

yesterday I didn't know I was gonna be playing Turok, Perfect Dark, and Metroid: Zero Mission for the rest of the week and now I just get to do that

it's great

The inclusion of a Mature 17+ Specific tier of the N64 NSO app makes me to believe their plan is to launch many more M-Rated titles.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is almost a given later on. We might get the remaining Turok titles, including the rather forgettable Rage Wars. Mortal Kombat, and maybe even Killer Instinct would make their way. And like Turok remastered, Doom 64 may be included, along with Hexen, maybe Body Harvest, and/or Duke Nukem Zero Hour.

There's plenty of M-Rated titles out there, though most of them are either Fighting games, or shooters.

But either way, I'm excited to replay Perfect Dark. It's been a long time.

Isn't Doom 64 already purchasable on the eShop?

Great drop today, I'm a bit sad we didn't get another roadmap or anything, though I get that we're running pretty slim on potential options for some of these consoles.
same, though with the release of not only the 17+ app and having turok tells me there are more possiblities for releases now. I wouldn't be shocked if the other two turok games will show up, but there is also chances now that other games like shadowman show up. The dwindling N64 line-up just got stronger.

Top-tier stuff right here and it's all out today.

With Mature 17+, I really hope we can get MK Trilogy and MK4 sometime down the road.
Time for the legendary Mace the Dark Ages so we can gore people with a chicken

It has a lot more content than Goldeneye, features voice acting, coop and even Counter-Operative (one player can reincarnate in any enemy like an Agent in the Matrix and must do everything to kill the player. The thing is, the Counter Op is very weak and can only use what the possessed character owns. Also the Counter Op can't sabotage any crucial item.

Mutiplayer up to 8 bots you can customize from aspect to AI and even give them a unique trait. You can choose the music you want to listen during multiplayer, create your own weapon drops etc. It is insane, when you consider what it's running on and when it was released. And you can save your Multiplayer settings and create your own rules.

It is also possible to give orders to the bots in your team.
Sounds excellent, thanks! Guess I know what I'm trying after Zero Mission.

Perfect dark is an awesome surprise.

Feel like I’ve been waiting ages for Metroid Zero Mission. Only 2D Metroid outside of the first 2 I never finished. I’m excited!

I wish I could play it for a first time one more time. Awesome game.

Unpopular opinion... playing Metroid the other M after Zero missions give it a bit more context and does feel so out of place... (It does not fix it tho, just helps a bit).

motherf'n Perfect Dark... it has been waaaaay too long since I've played this game. After finagling w/ the button-mapping for GoldenEye, hopefully I'm all set to go on this funky adventure w/ Joanna Dark again <3 <3 <3

Back
Top Bottom