• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Four-Byte Burger: an early piece of digital art created in 1985 has been remade from scratch

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

yep, it's a full documentary from the legendary creator Ahoy. the original file for the image has been lost to time, hence the need to recreate it.

one other fun detail (that the documentary doesn't really get into) is the brief & surprise appearance of famous artist Andy Warhol. he was a major supporter of the Amiga in it's early years. and some of the art he created using the computer was partially recovered back in 2014.
2_Andy_Warhol_Campbells_1985_AWF.1398326245.jpg
1_Andy_Warhol_Andy2_1985_AWF.1398326250.jpg

Definitely watching this later. Despite never owning or touching one, I have some weird fascination with the Amiga.

I wouldn't normally watch this type of video, I hadn't heard of Ahoy before, but I really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom