• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Hardware For the Switch 2, what would you rather pick?

Would you rather…?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked Series X specs because the rumored specs suggests it.
Ironically, the same tech discussion lean on the screen being OLED to run higher clocks and get better perf as OLED is less power hungry.

@Phantom Thief missed Thor The Dark World option of PS4 specs with LCD screen (chaos outcome!)

I would honestly be extremely surprised if they pulled a new console that is not backwards compatible at this point. The whole point of the jump was to get to a new platform that could be expanded, they don't need a new architecture lol
I agree. The point of my hypothetical is that you'd need to make weaker hardware REALLY compelling in other ways before I'd considering it over stronger hardware.

Since better spec than the Switch is a given, Oled screen is a must for me. Unlike internal hardware and all the spec numbers, it's what a casual comsumer like myself can easily see for myself and tell how much of an upgrade it was.

Specs, given that I'd play it on an OLED screen regardless.
Unless in this deal, the devil would prevent me from playing on an OLED tv...then I'd still choose specs.

OLED for me. Maybe it’s just because I’m behind the times but I think we’re at the point of diminishing returns on specs and frankly for a 6 year old system running on an ARM platform that wasn’t cutting edge even when it debuted there have been some damn fine looking games.

So if we’re going to add $100-150 onto the MSRP I’d rather go with something that makes the visuals pop.

Plus higher specs also means you probably need more power draw, better/louder cooling, bigger battery (and therefore more weight) which go against the portable nature of the system. OLED would be far easier to insert without needing to make as many adjustments to the rest of the hardware design.

Specs boost easily, you can never fix specs at a base level, a screen can be changed later, and if not, I play docked mostly anyways.

I’d take the specs in this case. I also hope we get some build quality upgrades with a slightly more premium feel.

I spend more time with my PS5 than my Switch nowadays - but while I don't care about coming back to lesser graphics, the console itself feels quite cheap in 2022.

Easily specs, the switch already gets good third party support as it is, imagine if it was as powerful as a series s.

6000203880868.jpg

So assume you get 4K output no matter what, thanks to DLSS being all but confirmed.

The question is simple - better specs for an inferior screen, or a better screen for compromised specs? What do you pick for the Switch 2, and why?
specs, so they can be wasted chasing resolution and lower battery life

Better specs are a no brainer but, won't lie, I'd be pissed if we don't have an OLED screen as the default for the Switch 2. It's much nicer than the original screen and just most non-OLED screens on portable devices in general

I choose the latter because they can do OLED on a revision but if they make the console a lot more powerful on a revision then developers might not use it when a lot of the install base only has the basic console.

Well, and I'd just prefer more power regardless.

Gonna go with the better screen, since I wouldn’t trust the battery life of anything too high-spec hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom