• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Predictions For The Next Nintendo Console: New Animal Crossing Or Animal Crossing New Horizons Deluxe?

NH Deluxe Or Completely New Game?

• Total voters
I have voted NH Deluxe, but I'm actually expecting (Hoping, more like) for them to basically use New Horizons as a base to make a different game. Keep the customization and all the new options, but change the setting (No more desert island) and bring back the expanded interactions and less flat characters from previous games, minigames, and of course have all NH content in the base game at the start.

the next game will almost inevitably be largely based on new horizons, but will end up having its own identity and a new setting

they've pretty much tapped out the audience they can bring in with new horizons, just doing that again isn't going to get another blockbuster success

New, hopefully. Recycled games are disappointing versus new experiences.

Was very glad when Splatoon Switch came out as Splatoon 2 and not 1 Deluxe.

My knowledge on AC is pretty limited but I can't really imagine what a "New Horizons Deluxe" would even be like. Just include the Home Designer DLC, slightly polish the graphics and call it a day? I kinda doubt that'll happen. This isn't Mario Kart where you can kinda get away with it, especially if the new console is backwards compatible.

I'd imagine a situation similar to Tears of the Kingdom where they build upon the foundation of NH and make something new.

I think Deluxe ports or remasters would make more sense for teams that won't be ready for a long time to ship a game like the Zelda team. But by the time Switch 2 releases next year we will have been 4 years removed from New Horizons so one would hope a sequel is well underway in EPD's development pipeline.

Are they gonna support it for longer this time around? If that's the case, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Animal Crossing could really benefit from frequent events and updates

I think Deluxe ports or remasters would make more sense for teams that won't be ready for a long time to ship a game like the Zelda team. But by the time Switch 2 releases next year we will have been 4 years removed from New Horizons so one would hope a sequel is well underway in EPD's development pipeline.

Isn't there a sizeable dev overlap between Splatoon 3 and New Horizons?

Better be a new game. Deluxe only made sense on Switch from the small install base of Wii U. That won’t fly now going from switch to switch 2.

People have to understand that the Switch got many DX versions from WiiU games because the system flopped and the games Nintendo released on it didn't stand a chance to sell well despite their quality. That's why they released all these ports (with sometimes new content to appeal to the players of the original games as well), like Mario Kart 8DX (obviously), but also Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3DX, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, DKCTF, NSMB.U, Captain Toad, Pokkén.

The Switch is one of their biggest success, Switch games have reached their full potential in terms of sales. There would be no interest in releasing Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, Mario Odyssey DX, ACNH Definitive Edition since they would definitely do less than the original games.

We'll finally get new Mario Kart and Mario 3D games early in the Switch 2's life, I think (same for ACNH who was already released 3,5 yeard ago), we will get all these games between 2024/2026.

It's been long enough since New Horizons that I would be surprised if they made a Deluxe version.

I wouldn't mind it, but I expect a new game instead.

Wow New Horizons Deluxe now with Zelda items and more than one shop upgrade, putting it about 80% of the way to being on par with the GameCube game, sounds great.

:/

No seriously please let the next game actually feel like a genuine expansion of the series.

Mario had a game with an big ocean/tropical theme, and the next game dealt with Space
Pokemon's third generation had a big ocean/tropical theme, and the next game dealt with Space
Animal Crossing just had a big ocean/tropical theme.....

Our next village is gonna be on the moon

Animal Crossing: The Farthest Horizion
Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds
Animal Crossing: Space Folk

I feel like they tried that with City Folk basically being Wild World Deluxe. And that game wasn't really met with the same success as Wild World.

If recall correctly, the AC Team has talked about this in an Iwata Ask for New Leaf. I want to say they understood that going the deluxe/enhance route wasn't the way to go for future AC games. So it seems like if they keep following that outlook, we'll keep getting new games with major additions/changes.

New Horizons Deluxe would be one of the dumbest decisions Nintendo has ever made. Not happening. It's going to be a completely new game.

Needs to be brand new. They were lucky with the switch to remaster the wii u games, try to put in some work!!! lol

I still think they should bring over new horizons (updates would be cool) but make a different, new game that’s kind of the opposite, with less customizing and more character interaction. You live in an apartment in a city, have neighbors, work a cute job type of thing. Make it smaller but more dense?

They could try new things while still keeping the free-for-all of New Horizons around.

No way Nintendo just releases NH Deluxe. It’s not like MK8 which they wanted to give a second chance to. No, the next Animal Crossing will be a new game with a new gimmick.

New. I just don't see the point. Especially if it's BC anyway. And I'm back to playing it full-time, and I just can't see what can be enhanced really. I'd love a patch for 4K and such, hell 60fps again would be a lovely treat, and maybe some new items (a Switch 2 item is obvious IMO).

I personally want a more open world, 3rd-person follow up. Back on Wii U, I had this idea, and the location? Wuhu Island.

Inadvertently predicted the island setting now that I think about it lol.

And for the love of God please give the residents more spice again. It's better now after all the updates, I've noticed more variety of stuff being said which is good, but it's still a shadow compared to the first game... and no one is allowed to be a dick anymore...

I'm note sure why Nintendo would release the same game again on a console that will almost certainly be backwards compatible.

The AC series has always had new games for new consoles and I'd expect that to continue.

Back
Top Bottom