• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News First Call of Duty 2024 Teaser Released

god i hope this is a tease for a remake of Five with them plus Gorbachav or Bin Laden or someone lmao

I wonder if CoD on gamepass is Spencer's last chance to move Xbox hardware and gamepass subscriptions before Nadella fires him and puts everything on Playstation.

GPVelbGbMAAJtft

"Developed by Treyarch and Raven, Black Ops 6 is a spy action thriller set in the early 90s, a period of transition and upheaval in global politics, characterized by the end of the Cold War and the rise of the United States as a single superpower. With a mind-bending narrative, and unbound by the rules of engagement, this is signature Black Ops.

The Black Ops 6 Campaign provides dynamic moment-to-moment gameplay that includes a variety of play spaces with blockbuster set pieces and action-packed moments, high-stakes heists, and cloak-and-dagger spy activity.

In a best-in-class Multiplayer experience, players will test their skills across 16 new maps at launch, including 12 core 6v6 maps and 4 Strike maps that can be played 2v2 or 6v6.

Black Ops 6 also marks the epic return of Round-Based Zombies, the fan-favorite mode where players will take down hordes of the undead in two brand-new maps at launch. Post-launch, players can look forward to even more exciting maps and groundbreaking experiences dropping into both Multiplayer and Zombies."

GPpNYb1WAAAIy3j

GPpJwZ1XAAAmTmy.jpg:large

Last edited:

so apparently to help with texture streaming, you are always going to be required to be online, even in single player mode, which honestly really sucks. They say its to help keep file sizes low, but apparently its about 300 gigs. They really need to figure out the file size problem because this is getting out of hand.

so apparently to help with texture streaming, you are always going to be required to be online, even in single player mode, which honestly really sucks. They say its to help keep file sizes low, but apparently its about 300 gigs. They really need to figure out the file size problem because this is getting out of hand.

I'm extremely curios about last gen performance.

Textures have gone too far when developers need to stream them to your device in order to keep file sizes down.

Idk how this will be able to go on Switch 2 with that ridiculous file size
I think the way they will ''honor'' the contract will be a cloud release on Switch 2, no native port. That way Nintendo players will technically be able to play Cod and thus they honor their deal.

The only thing I can think of is that some textures may not be as detailed as PS5 or Xbox, which might reduce the file size. Or its going to be digitally only and require to buy additional storage, which would suck.

I think the way they will ''honor'' the contract will be a cloud release on Switch 2, no native port. That way Nintendo players will technically be able to play Cod and thus they honor their deal.
I really can't see cloud version being viable for Microsoft, since the deal goes, i'm guessing we'll still get native port, but the textures won't be as good as PS5.
Like maybe you can do a technicality, since PS5 and Xbox will be streamed.

or the likeliest answer is that Activision will just reboot cod HQ and optimise it better.

Under the contract Nintendo owners will be able to “experience Call of Duty just as Xbox and PlayStation gamers enjoy Call of Duty”, according to Microsoft.
Microsoft previously announced a 10-year commitment had been struck with Nintendo to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo consoles in December 2022.

the game isn't actually 300GB. that's the size of everything in Cod HQ (Warzone, MW2, MW3, BLOPS Cold War, BLOPS 6)

EDIT:

The Call of Duty store listing currently says 300GB file. That is for the entire Call of Duty app - with MWII, MWIII, and Black Ops 6 preorder files included right now.

Activision has confirmed that they will be reducing the overall file size once Black Ops 6 launches.

Last edited:
the game isn't actually 300GB. that's the size of everything in Cod HQ (Warzone, MW2, MW3, BLOPS Cold War, BLOPS 6)

EDIT:

well that makes it better, though I still hate the fact that the campaign needs to be online all the time.

I hate how good that movement system looks cause I don't really want to get into another call of duty game. I do like the UI changes but I'm very very interested to see what they change with the lobby and multiplayer main screen UI. Cause that shit the last two years has been atrocious. It's like they had Hulu designers make it.

3 lane maps can be both good news and bad news. They're the best way to design maps in this game but 50 different lines of sight into each lane is awful.

Crazy the chokehold cod has.
i'm curios if this will be the title that will move gamepass subscription,

Well when you’re the genre leader & nothing else even comes close to taking away that audience + known for some degree of quality in various forms. It should be no surprise. It’ll help to a degree but raising those numbers is a long term investment that needs both consistent & quality 1st party releases.

During our presentation at Treyarch, they showed us gameplay of two campaign missions. Thought they would show in the direct, but quick descriptions:

"Capital Station" - takes place at a campaign rally for Bill Clinton. Sneak into the political gala event, and pick how to do this one. Stealth, guns up, or even black-mail someone into helping. You find Adler in the middle of this mission and forced to escape with him.

This mission features that juggernaut-like character shown, plus - in the gameplay trailer, this was the mission where Adler takes the motorcycle and escapes with you and Marshall.

--

"Iraq" - set in Iraq and is one of the more open world missions of the game. Sent in as Delta Force Ops and can go around and complete objectives how you want which connects back to the linear storyline.

This mission features you clearing out the area of Huessin's palace.

Back
Top Bottom