• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News First Call of Duty 2024 Teaser Released

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight

Treyarch is on this one. Black Ops 6, taking place during the Gulf War. also supposedly coming to Gamepass day 1 and may or may not be the first Nintendo CoD as part of the agreement

EDIT: as a reminder, the full reveal is June 9th

Last edited:
and may or may not be the first Nintendo CoD as part of the agreement
this is obviously speculation on my part, but I feel it'd have been in everybody's best interest if that "10-years of CoD on Nintendo" deal had some kind of "starting with the next Nintendo system" caveat

Unless, of course, they get one of their billions of studios to create some sort of classic Black Ops package just for the Switch for this year and next year starts the day and date release with all other consoles.

Unless, of course, they get one of their billions of studios to create some sort of classic Black Ops package just for the Switch for this year and next year starts the day and date release with all other consoles.
It's too late for CoD on Switch. This was definitely going to be a launch game so it just gets pushed to March.

Man if this comes to Switch 2 (and I assume it will) and it runs decent enough, I'm in danger lol...the hours I'll put in...yeesh...

Treyarch is on this one. Black Ops 6, taking place during the Gulf War. also supposedly coming to Gamepass day 1 and may or may not be the first Nintendo CoD as part of the agreement

Off the top of my head I recall the agreement covering games released from August 2024 onwards, which would include this one. I can't find a source for that, though, so I might be misremembering.

Wtf I didn't even know we were last Black Ops III.

But... Are some scenes live action and some scenes in-engine?

Either way, I'm curious to see how they'll handle the agreement that this game would come to a Nintendo platform after the delay. A heavily modified version for Switch to meet the expectation of day and date release already? It releases for everything and then gets a port for Switch 2 as soon as Switch 2 releases? They already have a PR/tweet saying it'll come to "Nintendo Switch Successor later"?

It's too late for CoD on Switch. This was definitely going to be a launch game so it just gets pushed to March.
It's never too late. Minecraft was released on 3DS 9 months after the Switch launch and sold over 1 million units.

Well, Switch definitely won't get a new game but older games shouldn't be out of question. It's time Acti resmastered some of them for modern platforms anyway.

As I've always understood Treyarch, there must be a lot of "conspiracy theories" about the Gulf War involved.

Super excited for this as a massive Treyarch COD fan.

The last ARG for Black Ops Cold War was incredible so I’m hoping this is a similar kind of thing. You even ended up having to play Zork during it!

I wonder if the full reveal of this might be where we first see a game confirmed for the "Successor to the Nintendo Switch" - with it later being confirmed as a launch title for Switch 2 in Spring 2025.

Honestly even if this COD doesn't come to switch (switch 1 that is), a compilation of classic cod games or even just black ops 1+2 would probably sell really well.

No third-party presentation is going to acknowledge it exists until Nintendo confirms it.
Multiple third party presentations announced games were coming to “Nintendo NX” before Nintendo officially revealed the system as the Switch. It can absolutely happen. I’ll show you two examples:

From the original Sonic Forces teaser:

zoGVzrR.png

From Ubisoft’s E3 2016 Press Conference:

just-dance-2017.jpg

Activision could absolutely say “coming to the Successor to the Nintendo Switch”

There are like 40 major titles that make sense as "day 1 Switch 2" games and it will probably take like 9-30 months for all of them to release on Switch 2.

Black Ops 2024, Red Dead 2, and Genshin Impact are not releasing on the same day.

Black Ops 2024, Red Dead 2, and Genshin Impact are not releasing on the same day.
I don't expect for one publisher to have multiple games on the launch day but there will be enough publishers supporting it day one to have a super crowded launch. Same one Wii had.

Activision can have CoD BLOPS6, Ubi will have AC Shadows, Take Two will have WWE 2k25 and so on. Only one I expect to go crazy about it is Embracer. They'll put whatever they have there.

This could just be a Switch 2 launch game even if it launches outside the traditional fall window and maybe include the Switch SKU that launches on time in the fall. I do wonder of they will just make BC work on Switch 2

Black Ops 1, 2 and 3 were incredible. 4 was horrendous. Never played Cold War because I put the series on the shelf for a bit. Let's see how 6 is!

Isn't it funny that their marketing campaign is centered around the foundations of America being a lie when that's very much a thing, but in the context of marketing

lets just hope that the switch 2 cna just thumbsticks that can actually work with an fps. Those sticks just dont feel right when holding a rifle

I would love a world where Spec Ops: the line was the biggest shooter series for offering a reflection on war and the harrowing consequences of poorly informed decisions, rather than propaganda for teenagers.

apparently influencers received actual CRTs to promote the game?

GOiTiNeXIAIpvMH.png:orig

i feel like that's gotta be counter-productive. because the first thing i'd do if i got one was hook up a retro game console to it. not watch the bundled VHS tape.

i feel like that's gotta be counter-productive. because the first thing i'd do if i got one was hook up a retro game console to it. not watch the bundled VHS tape.
and that's why they wouldn't give you one. I don't think there are even any crt streamers

Back
Top Bottom