• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Community |ST| The Friends We Made Along the Way

That might be a stretch. Three Houses was 2019 and Engage was 2023. Granted there was COVID in the middle, but I feel like a new Fire Emblem is 2027.
I don't think I'd look at it that way, Three Houses was developed by Koei Tecmo with only advisory oversight from Intelligent Systems, who were developing Engage ostensibly around the same time, and apparently finished the game a solid amount of time before it actually released in early 2023, if rumours are to be believed. If anything, I'd say that I found the absence of the FE4 remake from the direct a little head scratching because it brings into question what the Fire Emblem devs at Intelligent Systems have been up to since Engage's completion. Of course, it's entirely possible the FE4 remake exists and will be shown later, I suppose, but I just wanted to give a bit of context on the development timelines based on some things we know and some rumours from reliable-ish sources

I really need to contain myself from going cuckoo for cocoa puffs in this thread with the sheer magnitude of my Fire Emblem brainworms.

I’ve been playing since Sacred Stones, have completed and own every single entry multiple times, on the hardest difficulties too. I even got to QA Test for Shouzou Kaga’s (the Creator of Fire Emblem) indie game when it was being localized.

Let’s. Fucking. Do this.

My optimistic side says that they're just sitting on it to space out Fire Emblem releases a bit more. Engage came out in 2023, so maybe they figured that another FE in 2024 would be unnecessary?
I'm usually on the "let's make Fire Emblem an annual game series" train, but I can see that maybe Three Hopes (and Three Houses too, while we're at it) clearly being so rushed that IntSys really decided to slow their role and take their time on this game. (Yes, yes, I know KT was behind the bulk of Three Houses/Hopes.)

I wonder if we will get a Fire Emblem teaser at the Switch 2 reveal for the next major evolution of the franchise.
I think so if it will launch within the first 18 months, when the Wii was shown off Radiant Dawn was included as part of the sizzle reel.

I'm usually on the "let's make Fire Emblem an annual game series" train, but I can see that maybe Three Hopes (and Three Houses too, while we're at it) clearly being so rushed that IntSys really decided to slow their role and take their time on this game. (Yes, yes, I know KT was behind the bulk of Three Houses/Hopes.)
Three Houses had the opposite problem where it was in development too long. They had multiple delays on it and I doubt they wanted to ask Nintendo for yet another one.

Three Houses had the opposite problem where it was in development too long. They had multiple delays on it and I doubt they wanted to ask Nintendo for yet another one.
It was also a very unusual development in that its earliest, earliest stages began as a fourth 3DS Fire Emblem before moving to the Switch and partnering with KT to get it done, as my understanding of the timeline goes.

Decided to do a 1.0 Canon run of engage: No Well, no DLC Bonuses, No Emblem Bracelets.
And immediately proceeded to beat the first 12 chapters in 24 hours, this game is so rewarding.

(Canon run being all Royals, Vander, Yunaka, Seadall, Rosado and Veyle, each with their default classes, with their original Emblems)

First Impressions:
  • First time without the strange well, and SP gain is SLOW. Barely managed to get 1 decent skill on most units.
  • Despite Alfred not getting an Emblem till Chapter 22, as Engage+ replaces Lucina on Alear, he's not actually doing too badly. He's pretty bulky as far as units in engage go, but took a while to get going.
  • Unlike Alfred, Vander is holding on by a thread hogging Sigurd, and is dead weight for one of the strongest emblems in the game.
  • Missing out on taking units liike Chloe and eventually Panette to endgame is going to be sad, as they're really fun to play
  • Considering my last run I needed Lunar Brace+ and Lance Power +4 to give timerra reasonable damage, I feel like she's going to be struggling when I get her.
  • Diamant, Alcryst and Celine are proving useful, though needing 8 Master seals for the royals is a pretty big bottleneck.
  • So Far, MVPS are Celine (Finally tried a levin sword on her), Yunaka (I love dodgetanks in this game) and Alear (Did I mention I love dodgetanks)
  • After beating up the 4 hounds in the escape sequence using the emblem bracelets, I forgot how good of a job the game does at building a feeling of helplessness in chapter 11, it's so easy for units to get trapped or picked off by Celica, Miciahah or Sigurd

Last edited:
Happy 9th anniversary to the JP release of Fire Emblem Fates! You were the best of times, you were the blurst of times.

Fire_Emblem_Fates_special_edition_cover_art.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing Sacred Stones on an old GBA cartridge, and I'm really thankful that there's some sort of autosave system. My game has frozen a couple times in the middle of the action, but it picked up from the exact moment where I left off when I restarted the game and hit the "resume chapter" button. I don't know if autosave is the right word, but whatever it is, it's convenient.

It brought back memories of Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games randomly freezing on me when I was a kid. Only this time, I didn't lose a bunch of progress!

Decided to do a 1.0 Canon run of engage: No Well, no DLC Bonuses, No Emblem Bracelets.
And immediately proceeded to beat the first 12 chapters in 24 hours, this game is so rewarding.

(Canon run being all Royals, Vander, Yunaka, Seadall, Rosado and Veyle, each with their default classes, with their original Emblems)

First Impressions:
  • First time without the strange well, and SP gain is SLOW. Barely managed to get 1 decent skill on most units.
  • Despite Alfred not getting an Emblem till Chapter 22, as Engage+ replaces Lucina on Alear, he's not actually doing too badly. He's pretty bulky as far as units in engage go, but took a while to get going.
  • Unlike Alfred, Vander is holding on by a thread hogging Sigurd, and is dead weight for one of the strongest emblems in the game.
  • Missing out on taking units liike Chloe and eventually Panette to endgame is going to be sad, as they're really fun to play
  • Considering my last run I needed Lunar Brace+ and Lance Power +4 to give timerra reasonable damage, I feel like she's going to be struggling when I get her.
  • Diamant, Alcryst and Celine are proving useful, though needing 8 Master seals for the royals is a pretty big bottleneck.
  • So Far, MVPS are Celine (Finally tried a levin sword on her), Yunaka (I love dodgetanks in this game) and Alear (Did I mention I love dodgetanks)
  • After beating up the 4 hounds in the escape sequence using the emblem bracelets, I forgot how good of a job the game does at building a feeling of helplessness in chapter 11, it's so easy for units to get trapped or picked off by Celica, Miciahah or Sigurd
It's wild how slow SP and support growths are in Engage. Even with the post-launch support growth facilities added, the game demands a lot of grinding to see everyone get to A support with at least one other character that isn't Alear.

Also, the fact that units can't accrue SP when they aren't equipped with rings or bracelets is certainly a choice.

It's wild how slow SP and support growths are in Engage. Even with the post-launch support growth facilities added, the game demands a lot of grinding to see everyone get to A support with at least one other character that isn't Alear.

Also, the fact that units can't accrue SP when they aren't equipped with rings or bracelets is certainly a choice.
Yeah, the well and Leisure activities help, but you really have to pick and choose favourites.

Well it doesn't help that Engage has a million units to chose from, whereas previous games had way less.
That's incorrect. Not counting DLC, Engage only has 36 playable units, which is near the bottom in terms of unit count. Even with DLC included, the vast majority of FE titles have more playable units than Engage.

One of the many choices this game makes, along with no NG+ or carryover Bond Fragments, no overall Support Library, and replaying the DLC for every save file you want those characters on. I love Engage, but...

Well it doesn't help that Engage has a million units to chose from, whereas previous games had way less.
Engage actually has a pretty much average number of characters at 41, when looking at this fan count on SerenesForest back from 2017. Three Houses has 33 playable characters, according to a quick Google search though.

As a random aside, one of my favorite hobbies to do is calendar out things I'm excited for or enjoy. I have several hypothetical writing and release schedules for my favorite author (Brandon Sanderson), and I have my own personal entertainment calendar that marks the release of every book, movie, game, and show I'm excited for that has a release date. (Those that don't have release dates get prediction months.)
I do the same thing with Fire Emblem. I had several prediction schedules in the Direct Speculation threads, and I wanted to put a new one here because I just had an idea and wanted to share. I highly highly HIGHLY doubt this will happen, but that's part of the fun! Now get ready for some nonsense!

2025: Fire Emblem Legacy: Genealogy of Jugdral - I'm not sure if this will be exclusive to the Switch or cross-gen, but this will be the next mainline Fire Emblem game. I'm predicting a March-May release window, although the sooner, the better. I chose "Legacy" instead of "Echoes" because I think each new remake will have its own thing. Legacy fits the theme of genealogy and succession quite well, so I feel like at least that and "Jugdral" will be in the actual title. "Embers" was also considered, but I want to save that for the Elibe remakes.

2026: Fire Emblem Legacy Warriors: ??? of Jugdral AND Fire Emblem: Three Horizons - What's that, two spinoffs in one year? Say it ain't so! BUT IT IS! Nintendo, in a move that makes no sense to anyone but Fire Emblem superfans, will release two spinoffs in of the franchise in the same year! The first is a Warriors spinoff of Genealogy Remake, not unlike what Three Hopes was to Three Houses. Also like Three Houses, it'll split relatively early-on but with a longer Part 1, allowing players to pair up characters so that Part 2 may proceed. This is where things get weird, however.
The first major split will be with Quan and Ethlyn. Instead of dying, they will make it to their homeland and back after fighting off Travant's assault, creating a stalemate that will last until Part 2. The main split, however, will take place at Belhalla. Sigurd and Co will escape with their lives...and possibly with Deirdre as well. I'm not sold on this part, but I think it could be pretty interesting IMO.
This game will be a cross-gen one, and it will release in April 2026.

The next game, Fire Emblem: Three Horizons, will be a Switch Successor exclusive. In this game, you'll take control of Noor, an Almyran thief cursed with visions, who has been tasked to break into the Mausoleum. They successfully do so and find a strange sword that resonates with them - the Sword of the Creator. Scrambling before they're caught the thief escapes to near Remire village, where they have the choices to make. They can scare a young sleeping mercenary, ensuring that three hunted students make it to Remire village and as some mercenaries for help; they can rouse the sleeping mercenary, ensuring that this mercenary instead helps them; or they can offer their own assistance that will ultimately help in brokering a deal. (More paths will open up for NG+, hopefully giving the game a roguelike feel.)

The gameplay for this game will be drastically different from Three Houses and Three Hopes, playing more akin to a deckbuilding game than just a pure strategy game. (At least that's where my head is out right now.) But the real twist has to do with the recruitment mechanic. You see, while Byleth's Divine Pulse works on what many can imagine as an X-axis representing time, and Shez's Shadow Slide works on a Y-Axis representing space, Noor's power would work on a Z-axis, in this case representing dimensions. Noor would have the power to pull specific characters from different paths to work with him to see the "horizon" that his visions keep pointing towards. These "dimensional" versions would work as "evolutions" to the mainline characters. So, for example, Noor is allied with Dimitri. For Dimitri to gain more power (which for gameplay purposes means stronger cards, more powerful effects, etc.) Noor must ally with and/or "evolve" his Dimitri by bringing in another version of Dimitri. Three Houses Dimitri may have stronger attacks in his evolved base deck but might suffer from less Resistance, Defense, and Skill. On the other hand, Three Hopes Dimitri may have weaker attacks, but his Azure Lightning ability turns every attack in the deck into a lightning-based one, which means more damage can be done to units weak to lightning. ...that's the idea anyways. I'd say I'm still workshopping the idea, but that's about as far as I got and am willing to go. Maybe classes can have their own decks or set-ups as well, not unlike how each class in Three Hopes has set attacks?

Three Hopes will come with a limited edition version of the Switch Successor, an art book, a DLC voucher, and a physical copy of Three Houses/Hopes Deluxe Edition. (I'm not sure we'd get deluxe editions if we're getting a new game, BUT A MAN CAN HAVE FUN IMAGINING!) Fire Emblem: Three Horizons brightens the Switch Successor in September 2026.

2027: New Mainline Fire Emblem Game - From the team that did Engage. It'll be fun!

2028 - Fire Emblem Warriors 2 - I'd love for this to be an anniversary game, but Engage showed us that IntSys and Nintendo don't mind sitting on anniversary games if necessary.

2029 - Fire Emblem Embers: Swords of Binding and Blazes - A Duology combined into one epic saga!

And that's all I have for everyone tonight! Maybe I'll change my ideas of what I hope for tomorrow. Maybe I'll change it in two weeks. How would you all like to see the future of Fire Emblem progress? Share your own predictions, theories, and hopes!

One of the many choices this game makes, along with no NG+ or carryover Bond Fragments, no overall Support Library, and replaying the DLC for every save file you want those characters on. I love Engage, but...

Engage actually has a pretty much average number of characters at 41, when looking at this fan count on SerenesForest back from 2017. Three Houses has 33 playable characters, according to a quick Google search though.

As a random aside, one of my favorite hobbies to do is calendar out things I'm excited for or enjoy. I have several hypothetical writing and release schedules for my favorite author (Brandon Sanderson), and I have my own personal entertainment calendar that marks the release of every book, movie, game, and show I'm excited for that has a release date. (Those that don't have release dates get prediction months.)
I do the same thing with Fire Emblem. I had several prediction schedules in the Direct Speculation threads, and I wanted to put a new one here because I just had an idea and wanted to share. I highly highly HIGHLY doubt this will happen, but that's part of the fun! Now get ready for some nonsense!

2025: Fire Emblem Legacy: Genealogy of Jugdral - I'm not sure if this will be exclusive to the Switch or cross-gen, but this will be the next mainline Fire Emblem game. I'm predicting a March-May release window, although the sooner, the better. I chose "Legacy" instead of "Echoes" because I think each new remake will have its own thing. Legacy fits the theme of genealogy and succession quite well, so I feel like at least that and "Jugdral" will be in the actual title. "Embers" was also considered, but I want to save that for the Elibe remakes.

2026: Fire Emblem Legacy Warriors: ??? of Jugdral AND Fire Emblem: Three Horizons - What's that, two spinoffs in one year? Say it ain't so! BUT IT IS! Nintendo, in a move that makes no sense to anyone but Fire Emblem superfans, will release two spinoffs in of the franchise in the same year! The first is a Warriors spinoff of Genealogy Remake, not unlike what Three Hopes was to Three Houses. Also like Three Houses, it'll split relatively early-on but with a longer Part 1, allowing players to pair up characters so that Part 2 may proceed. This is where things get weird, however.
The first major split will be with Quan and Ethlyn. Instead of dying, they will make it to their homeland and back after fighting off Travant's assault, creating a stalemate that will last until Part 2. The main split, however, will take place at Belhalla. Sigurd and Co will escape with their lives...and possibly with Deirdre as well. I'm not sold on this part, but I think it could be pretty interesting IMO.
This game will be a cross-gen one, and it will release in April 2026.

The next game, Fire Emblem: Three Horizons, will be a Switch Successor exclusive. In this game, you'll take control of Noor, an Almyran thief cursed with visions, who has been tasked to break into the Mausoleum. They successfully do so and find a strange sword that resonates with them - the Sword of the Creator. Scrambling before they're caught the thief escapes to near Remire village, where they have the choices to make. They can scare a young sleeping mercenary, ensuring that three hunted students make it to Remire village and as some mercenaries for help; they can rouse the sleeping mercenary, ensuring that this mercenary instead helps them; or they can offer their own assistance that will ultimately help in brokering a deal. (More paths will open up for NG+, hopefully giving the game a roguelike feel.)

The gameplay for this game will be drastically different from Three Houses and Three Hopes, playing more akin to a deckbuilding game than just a pure strategy game. (At least that's where my head is out right now.) But the real twist has to do with the recruitment mechanic. You see, while Byleth's Divine Pulse works on what many can imagine as an X-axis representing time, and Shez's Shadow Slide works on a Y-Axis representing space, Noor's power would work on a Z-axis, in this case representing dimensions. Noor would have the power to pull specific characters from different paths to work with him to see the "horizon" that his visions keep pointing towards. These "dimensional" versions would work as "evolutions" to the mainline characters. So, for example, Noor is allied with Dimitri. For Dimitri to gain more power (which for gameplay purposes means stronger cards, more powerful effects, etc.) Noor must ally with and/or "evolve" his Dimitri by bringing in another version of Dimitri. Three Houses Dimitri may have stronger attacks in his evolved base deck but might suffer from less Resistance, Defense, and Skill. On the other hand, Three Hopes Dimitri may have weaker attacks, but his Azure Lightning ability turns every attack in the deck into a lightning-based one, which means more damage can be done to units weak to lightning. ...that's the idea anyways. I'd say I'm still workshopping the idea, but that's about as far as I got and am willing to go. Maybe classes can have their own decks or set-ups as well, not unlike how each class in Three Hopes has set attacks?

Three Hopes will come with a limited edition version of the Switch Successor, an art book, a DLC voucher, and a physical copy of Three Houses/Hopes Deluxe Edition. (I'm not sure we'd get deluxe editions if we're getting a new game, BUT A MAN CAN HAVE FUN IMAGINING!) Fire Emblem: Three Horizons brightens the Switch Successor in September 2026.

2027: New Mainline Fire Emblem Game - From the team that did Engage. It'll be fun!

2028 - Fire Emblem Warriors 2 - I'd love for this to be an anniversary game, but Engage showed us that IntSys and Nintendo don't mind sitting on anniversary games if necessary.

2029 - Fire Emblem Embers: Swords of Binding and Blazes - A Duology combined into one epic saga!

And that's all I have for everyone tonight! Maybe I'll change my ideas of what I hope for tomorrow. Maybe I'll change it in two weeks. How would you all like to see the future of Fire Emblem progress? Share your own predictions, theories, and hopes!
I doubt we go back to Fodlan for a long while. Best case is that Fodlan appears regularly in spinoffs as prominant extras, but I don't think another entire Fodlan game would be in the cards, or received that well tbh. Even three hopes was controversial for the changes it made to characters iirc, so doing it AGAIN with a different character we haven't heard of before would certainly be a choice.

Considering FE4 should've been finished for a while if it exists, I also doubt we get a New mainline entry any time after 2026.

That said, I do wonder if KT was a one-off or not.

Even three hopes was controversial for the changes it made to characters iirc,
Possibly, but it also sold a million copies within 2 months, which was roughly 3x faster than what the original FEW did. It sold well. Maybe not amazing, but it was a spinoff in a different genre, so that had to have been expected. People like new designs of characters though. I remember how fans were cheering over the new designs of for the Golden Deer and praising Dimitri's new look. For Heroes, the real moneymaker of FE, new designs mean more alts for fan-favorites. (As it stands, I'm incredibly surprised they haven't put the House Lords in their Three Hopes looks and sold them as Resplendent Units just yet.)

From all of the discussions I've seen both this week for Three Hopes' anniversary and in general, the problem isn't the character changes, but the stories themselves. But a new story isn't going to make an old one better or worse, or affect it in any way more than what power you give it to affect it. My love for Across the Spider-Verse has no impact on my dislike for Spider-Man 3. My enjoyment of Andor doesn't affect how I feel about Rogue One any more than I allow it to.

Considering FE4 should've been finished for a while if it exists, I also doubt we get a New mainline entry any time after 2026.
Why? IntSys has multiple teams. The FE4 team could move on to Paper Mario and/or Warioware for a cycle while the Engage team works on a new FE game. Engage was finished in, what, late 2021 or early 2022 right? Even with 6-8 months spent on WarioWare (as it seems their production cycles are pretty quick, or have been quick in the past, so this could have been the time for this specific team to spend on "WarioWare: Move It!" potentially) they'd still have 3-3.5 years to develop and release a new FE game for the 2026 window. That's the rough standard release time for a new FE anyways. (Three Houses to Engage had Covid delays, so it's weird.)

That said, I do wonder if KT was a one-off or not.
Maybe, but I personally doubt it. KT and IntSys seem to have fostered a good working relationship over the three games they've worked on together. Nintendo seems to like partnering with KT on certain things as well, so I can't see them not working on something in the future. It may not be the Genealogy remake, but I do believe they'll work on something else in the future together.

4:21 to 6:35 of the video was truly the peak of peaks at fire emblem awakening. not only are lucina, robin and chrom the heroes of their world they're heroes of the franchise's success in america at a set of years when america used to be jealous enough to abandon a peak gaming franchise

Back
Top Bottom