• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Community |ST| The Friends We Made Along the Way

That might be a stretch. Three Houses was 2019 and Engage was 2023. Granted there was COVID in the middle, but I feel like a new Fire Emblem is 2027.
I don't think I'd look at it that way, Three Houses was developed by Koei Tecmo with only advisory oversight from Intelligent Systems, who were developing Engage ostensibly around the same time, and apparently finished the game a solid amount of time before it actually released in early 2023, if rumours are to be believed. If anything, I'd say that I found the absence of the FE4 remake from the direct a little head scratching because it brings into question what the Fire Emblem devs at Intelligent Systems have been up to since Engage's completion. Of course, it's entirely possible the FE4 remake exists and will be shown later, I suppose, but I just wanted to give a bit of context on the development timelines based on some things we know and some rumours from reliable-ish sources

I really need to contain myself from going cuckoo for cocoa puffs in this thread with the sheer magnitude of my Fire Emblem brainworms.

I’ve been playing since Sacred Stones, have completed and own every single entry multiple times, on the hardest difficulties too. I even got to QA Test for Shouzou Kaga’s (the Creator of Fire Emblem) indie game when it was being localized.

Let’s. Fucking. Do this.

My optimistic side says that they're just sitting on it to space out Fire Emblem releases a bit more. Engage came out in 2023, so maybe they figured that another FE in 2024 would be unnecessary?
I'm usually on the "let's make Fire Emblem an annual game series" train, but I can see that maybe Three Hopes (and Three Houses too, while we're at it) clearly being so rushed that IntSys really decided to slow their role and take their time on this game. (Yes, yes, I know KT was behind the bulk of Three Houses/Hopes.)

I wonder if we will get a Fire Emblem teaser at the Switch 2 reveal for the next major evolution of the franchise.
I think so if it will launch within the first 18 months, when the Wii was shown off Radiant Dawn was included as part of the sizzle reel.

I'm usually on the "let's make Fire Emblem an annual game series" train, but I can see that maybe Three Hopes (and Three Houses too, while we're at it) clearly being so rushed that IntSys really decided to slow their role and take their time on this game. (Yes, yes, I know KT was behind the bulk of Three Houses/Hopes.)
Three Houses had the opposite problem where it was in development too long. They had multiple delays on it and I doubt they wanted to ask Nintendo for yet another one.

Three Houses had the opposite problem where it was in development too long. They had multiple delays on it and I doubt they wanted to ask Nintendo for yet another one.
It was also a very unusual development in that its earliest, earliest stages began as a fourth 3DS Fire Emblem before moving to the Switch and partnering with KT to get it done, as my understanding of the timeline goes.

Decided to do a 1.0 Canon run of engage: No Well, no DLC Bonuses, No Emblem Bracelets.
And immediately proceeded to beat the first 12 chapters in 24 hours, this game is so rewarding.

(Canon run being all Royals, Vander, Yunaka, Seadall, Rosado and Veyle, each with their default classes, with their original Emblems)

First Impressions:
  • First time without the strange well, and SP gain is SLOW. Barely managed to get 1 decent skill on most units.
  • Despite Alfred not getting an Emblem till Chapter 22, as Engage+ replaces Lucina on Alear, he's not actually doing too badly. He's pretty bulky as far as units in engage go, but took a while to get going.
  • Unlike Alfred, Vander is holding on by a thread hogging Sigurd, and is dead weight for one of the strongest emblems in the game.
  • Missing out on taking units liike Chloe and eventually Panette to endgame is going to be sad, as they're really fun to play
  • Considering my last run I needed Lunar Brace+ and Lance Power +4 to give timerra reasonable damage, I feel like she's going to be struggling when I get her.
  • Diamant, Alcryst and Celine are proving useful, though needing 8 Master seals for the royals is a pretty big bottleneck.
  • So Far, MVPS are Celine (Finally tried a levin sword on her), Yunaka (I love dodgetanks in this game) and Alear (Did I mention I love dodgetanks)
  • After beating up the 4 hounds in the escape sequence using the emblem bracelets, I forgot how good of a job the game does at building a feeling of helplessness in chapter 11, it's so easy for units to get trapped or picked off by Celica, Miciahah or Sigurd

Last edited:
Happy 9th anniversary to the JP release of Fire Emblem Fates! You were the best of times, you were the blurst of times.

Fire_Emblem_Fates_special_edition_cover_art.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom