• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Stream dated for June 16 @ 3PM PST, 6PM EST, 11PM BST

Can't wait for NFTs!

Square Enix might me my least favorite publisher that isn't (as far as we know) a rape company nowadays, so I'm not expecting anything

Expecting a short teaser for Remake part 2 and a whole lot of rubbish otherwise.

I cannot wait to see part 2. Praying it's a good long trailer and praying extra hard it has a shock release date of 2022.

10 minutes seems like little, but the KH presentation was 10 minutes said a lot.
I think we'll see First Soldier on console, Ever Crisis release date, and a VIIR2 teaser.

I’d love to see Ever Crisis on Switch but when the whole thing is out on mobile… but that would be a too logical move from S-E to make :p

There is zero chance we don’t see anything on Remake Pt. 2. They wouldn’t want streamers to show their reactions if it wasn’t going to be something huge. Imagine the disappointment videos otherwise.

LFG!

god i want to play VIIR so badly. but I feel like I need to play the original first. the furthest ive ever gotten is right after midgard. maybe I should make that a priority and get to it soon.. I've only bought VII five times by now, it's time i actually played it to completion!

FF7R was my game of the year, i'm so ready for that part 2 teaser !
Would be cool if the game was ported to Xbox too now, I want to play Intergrade !

Can’t wait to see Remake Part 2. The first one was my GOTY in 2020. Going to be hard to top.

Can’t wait to not see FF 7-R on Xbox.

« Play it first on PS4 »
More like « Play it never anywhere else ».

FF7R was my game of the year, i'm so ready for that part 2 teaser !
Would be cool if the game was ported to Xbox too now, I want to play Intergrade !
oh god i just realized the FF7R news here could be announcing an xbox port of Intergrade which would such a bummer

don't get me wrong, id be excited for more people to get to play the game. but once they knew FF7R2 was expected, they should have cancelled the event

oh god i just realized the FF7R news here could be announcing an xbox port of Intergrade which would such a bummer

don't get me wrong, id be excited for more people to get to play the game. but once they knew FF7R2 was expected, they should have cancelled the event
Such announcement would be part of Xbox show probably not this event that is already quite short with only 10min to bring all news

Such announcement would be part of Xbox show probably not this event that is already quite short with only 10min to bring all news
Yeah, FF7R would be a big get for Xbox. It would also open up the possibility of a Drake port (a Switch port is technically possible but I'm not sure if it would be a good port).

Not too hopeful for VIIR2, most likely a short stream for mobile stuff.

With that being said, I'm dying to see more of VIIR2, one of my most anticipated games right now.

June 16th is exactly 7 years to the day when FFVII Remake was first announced.

I’d say baseline expectations for this are the following:

FF7r Part 1 coming to Xbox & Steam. Xbox announcement could be on their Sunday showcase as well, with a game pass announcement (which for SE games, lines up like DQB2, DQ11S, previous FF titles, etc.)

Ever Crisis and First Solider updates. I’m not up to date on First Solider so if it isn’t out already, it could get dated and/or come to other platforms. Ever Crisis is supposed to release this year iirc, so a trailer with more gameplay and a date at the end could be possible.

And the final reveal, of course, being FF7r Part 2, first on PS5. Probably a 90-second teaser as a max time.

Fuck. 7 years ago anounced. 2 years ago released. people where joking that it will take 20 years.

This to me feels like the Evangelion Rebuilds.
Lets "remaster" the series in good modern quality.
Ok, wait, thats boring. rets change stuff up.
Oh, wait, we only have eplaned 4 movies.
Lets jump forward a bunch and change everything (quickening).
Hm... my mental health leeds me to other projects for now, lets finish this next decade.

(BTW i love Anno, love Rebuild 3, found the whole thing to be an interesting example of reevaluating
and reworking your work as an artist, and was fine with how the 4th ended. Its just the time it took way
kinda ridiculous, it was not what the fanbase was expecting/wanting, and i feel FF7 will be similar)

But the Fans already have =O

=P i woul dbe curious, i have not heard a lot of good, but if its cheap i would be intrested to try it.
OkQBZ1c.gif

Didn't Square already say we'd be getting more part 2 news in June of this year? I don't think there's any doubt at all that it'll be showing.
Nomura said we would get FFVII news in June for the game anniversary, never said anything about FFVIIR2 per se

This is the one, isn't it? Too much hinting from all sorts of people. This is where Nomura will give us FF7R2 after giving us KH4 earlier. Then he'll disappear for 2 years without a peep. And I'm all for it. The wait is going to be brutal.

It will be interesting to see whatever they end up doing with part 2. Making an entire game around Midgar felt like a relatively easy decision to put off having to deal with the question of the overworld and creating the many different locations of the original game, but I feel whatever they do with part 2 will be the biggest indicator for where this remake is going.

On the one hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just rush through the rest of the game, trimming a lot of stuff out, in order to get the remake done in a reasonable amount of time (and I suppose at this point they can always use the whole ‘changed timeline’ thing to justify any diversion from the original game’s path). On the other hand, I can’t rule out the possibility that they pace the entire thing out like the first part of the remake and end up with four or five parts, in order to milk it for as long as possible.

It will be interesting to see whatever they end up doing with part 2. Making an entire game around Midgar felt like a relatively easy decision to put off having to deal with the question of the overworld and creating the many different locations of the original game, but I feel whatever they do with part 2 will be the biggest indicator for where this remake is going.

On the one hand, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just rush through the rest of the game, trimming a lot of stuff out, in order to get the remake done in a reasonable amount of time (and I suppose at this point they can always use the whole ‘changed timeline’ thing to justify any diversion from the original game’s path). On the other hand, I can’t rule out the possibility that they pace the entire thing out like the first part of the remake and end up with four or five parts, in order to milk it for as long as possible.
Every new part will start bleeding sales from the previous one because you will need to play previous entries before jumping in, other series that also follow this structure like Trails/Yakuza solve it by doing subseries that while connected allow people to jump in, this is not possible imo for a series based on an already complete game like FF7.

I say this because SE probably wants to ‘finish’ FF7R as quickly as possible while delivering still a good experience to not have their resources locked in a series that will struggle a lot to grow during 10+ years, this means that probably they will be forced to cut a lot of stuff or rush some parts of the history to have FF7R finished in 3-4 parts, I expecte FF7R to be finished as a series by the end of PS5 gen .

Every new part will start bleeding sales from the previous one because you will need to play previous entries before jumping in, other series that also follow this structure like Trails/Yakuza solve it by doing subseries that while connected allow people to jump in, this is not possible imo for a series based on an already complete game like FF7.

I say this because SE probably wants to ‘finish’ FF7R as quickly as possible while delivering still a good experience to not have their resources locked in a series that will struggle a lot to grow during 10+ years, this means that probably they will be forced to cut a lot of stuff or rush some parts of the history to have FF7R finished in 3-4 parts, I expecte FF7R to be finished as a series by the end of PS5 gen .
True. I agree that either 3 or 4 parts strikes me as the most likely scenario, and it will be more evident how many parts there will be based on where part 2 ends. If it only goes up to, say, Cosmo Canyon or Nibelheim, I would expect 4 parts, whereas if it covers up until the Forgotten City or thereabouts, it’ll probably be 3.

Granted, I imagine we’re still a long way off from knowing much about part 2. While I think there’ll be some kind of acknowledgment in this event, I’m expecting something comparable to the Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer, where at most we might get a glimpse of some early sections and it will be shortly followed by a disclaimer to expect no more news for a while.

Back
Top Bottom