• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions Fellow Nintendo Speculators, What's Going On In June 2023 For Nintendo? (Games/DLC/etc., Not Marketing Events) Final Results: Six Teams Won!

What's Going On In June 2023 For Nintendo?

• New Game!

• Spinoff!

• Remaster, Remake, Or Port!

• DLC!

• NSO Update

• NSO+ Update

• NSO Game (ie Tetris 99)

• June Mario!

• Metroid Prime 2 Remastered

• Everybody 1-2 Switch

• Detective Pikachu 2

• F-Zero GX HD

• MASTER DETECTIVE ARCHIVES: RAIN CODE!

• Final Fantasy XVI Pocket Edition

• Nothing But Tears and Sadness :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's about time Metroid Prime 4 and whatever they're cooking for Mario are revealed, a June direct would be the best time in my opinion.

I don't think we're going to see Mario in June. Right now they don't have a November tentpole with Zelda launching next month and Pokemon having DLC at best (barring a Let's Go Gen 2 that's been secretly in the works). Mario is the surefire November release.

I'm going with an NSO+ update and F-Zero GX or something else entirely new. Or tears.

I mean, the less June Direct is infested with DLC news, the better. We need a full schedule for the fall season, Direct should be full of new game announcements instead of boring recaps.

best guess would be NSO updates. And perhaps announcements of multiple remasters and remakes of various games.

I don't think we're going to see Mario in June. Right now they don't have a November tentpole with Zelda launching next month and Pokemon having DLC at best (barring a Let's Go Gen 2 that's been secretly in the works). Mario is the surefire November release.

I'm going with an NSO+ update and F-Zero GX or something else entirely new. Or tears.
Did I miss something and are we now sure Mario is releasing at all this year (minus spinoffs) or is that pure speculation?

All the evidence points to a stealth vitality sensor release, I mean after the XC3 DLC banger trailer it's all there.

After how insanely they have stacked the first half of 2023 I legit don't have any idea what they're doing next.
I guess they're leaving june empty because tears of the kingdom will take the wind out of any other release for 2 months and I guess they could release the splatoon 3 dlc for june.
Still weird how they kept a usually big month for Nintendo like june completely empty while stacking everything in the first 5 months.
Also radio silence for the rest of the year after July. Are we really getting the next switch this year?

I wonder if Nintendo internally considers the movie a legit Mario release.
The funny thing is, I can't even say that I'd be surprised if this were the case. I've stopped trying to make sense of Nintendo's strategy for 2023.

I'd guess with Mario, Nintendo view the movie as a good way to drive sales of existing games first. If they put out a new Mario title later this year, they'll get strong sales for it out the gate, and perhaps benefit from better brand awareness in the longer run.

Anyway, I still think June might be Legend of the Stinky Horse month. Wouldn't surprise me if Splatoon 3 DLC gets dropped that month, too, given how quickly after announcement FE and XBC 3 got their bigger expansions.

The Mario release that’s gonna make a ton of money this year is the Booster Course Pass lol.

That said I can see a mainline game later this year

I think we’re finally gearing up for next gen on Switch though, they’re getting these DLCs out of the way, holy shit

I wonder if Nintendo internally considers the movie a legit Mario release.
I think they do. It's pretty much a new big Mario release for Nintendo and they probably think of it in the same vein as a new Mario release, that's why they didn't release any Mario game close to it.

Well my prediction on the 1st page was wrong lol

We got both the FE:E and XB3 story DLC in April. Other than NSO games and the next Splatoon 3 season I'm not sure what can go in June.

I feel like if they ever intend to release the 1-2 Switch sequel they have to do it soon. Nintendo has been dropping Switch content left and right this first half that they had been sitting on for a long time. (Fire Emblem Engage, Prime Remastered, GameBoy+GBA NSO, Advance Wars) If that game isn't given an announcement by the end of June I'm thinking it got canceled.

I keep forgetting about stinky horse and that they still haven't announced Buddy Mission Bond for a release outside of Japan (and might never do it at this point).

Nintendo packing so much stuff in the last weeks and the upcoming ones that i'm close to the point where seriously consider that not even Nintendo itself knows what it's doing.

I guess June will be:
  • Splatoon 3 DLC Wave 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 5
No retail release.
My guess is Side Order is September, it seems little too soon for it to release in June. Either way, it's gonna be a shadowdrop, that's why they haven't mentioned release year at all.
As for Booster Course Pass, June feels about right, maybe July. And the final wave around October, they will make a huge deal about that.

Nintendo packing so much stuff in the last weeks and the upcoming ones that i'm close to the point where seriously consider that not even Nintendo itself knows what it's doing.
As other said already. It seems "no news" for second half of 2023 could be really pointing to a Switch2 release.

I think 1-2 Switch 2 is not happening at this point, better not release that at all.

how could you

bobatyun-raccoon.gif

My guess is Side Order is September, it seems little too soon for it to release in June. Either way, it's gonna be a shadowdrop, that's why they haven't mentioned release year at all.
As for Booster Course Pass, June feels about right, maybe July. And the final wave around October, they will make a huge deal about that.
Tomorrow
Splatoon 3 dlc wave 2 Side Order trailer releasing May 5th

I have time to share my thoughts finally! So from back at the end of February when this thread started, I was very wrong about both Fire Emblem and Xenoblade being out after June lol. The potential for June Mario seems to have slipped unless going wild with shadow drops is the plan for Nintendo this year lol.

I think I'll settle on F-Zero GX HD shadowdrop still. My big DLC guesses have been wrong so far, but I'll still roll with July for Mario Kart Wave 5, so maybe Splatoon Side Order comes in June with F-Zero at this point. Wild times.

While beyond the scope of this thread, since I brought this thread back to life and people are throwing out future predictions anyway with all of the early Xenoblade hype behind it, I'll just say despite all of the wild moves so far, I think I'm still unconvinced new hardware is this year. Spring 2024 the earliest makes more sense to me still. We should however be getting some pretty neat games though this holiday as things stand. Mario and Donkey Kong seem like great candidates and I'm praying for Fortune Street.

Pikmin 4 should be big enough to carry Nintendo through June, especially if people are still working through Zelda. It's really what happens beyond that which is becoming a mystery.

Metroid Prime's successful shadowdrop may encourage Nintendo to try it again with another Gamecube remaster, so I could see Nintendo doing a late Direct by their standards (so July time), where they reveal their plans for the rest of the year, dropping a couple of games in the immediate aftermath to tide people over until September time when they start releasing their holiday lineup. However, this would possibly be the last Direct of the year with Nintendo beginning to lay the groundwork for the Switch's successor in the meantime, which we'll learn about in full early 2024.

At this point some kind of shadow drop HD remaster seems like the only plausible title that could release in June.

Pikmin 4 should be big enough to carry Nintendo through June, especially if people are still working through Zelda. It's really what happens beyond that which is becoming a mystery.

Metroid Prime's successful shadowdrop may encourage Nintendo to try it again with another Gamecube remaster, so I could see Nintendo doing a late Direct by their standards (so July time), where they reveal their plans for the rest of the year, dropping a couple of games in the immediate aftermath to tide people over until September time when they start releasing their holiday lineup. However, this would possibly be the last Direct of the year with Nintendo beginning to lay the groundwork for the Switch's successor in the meantime, which we'll learn about in full early 2024.
What do you mean with "carry"? Their marketing? Pikmin 4 comes out on July 21.

There has to be something in June, but I don't think it's a game. Currently leaning towards a presentation. It's wild how stacked the first half has been and how little we know for the second half. Exciting times for sure!

There has to be something in June, but I don't think it's a game. Currently leaning towards a presentation. It's wild how stacked the first half has been and how little we know for the second half. Exciting times for sure!

Re
giphy.gif

ted

It seems like they have two choices if they want to keep momentum and not lose customers to other platforms:

1) Announce a new slate of games for the Switch. No idea what these would be besides a new Mario and a release date for MP4
2) Announce a new console

2D Mario announced in June - releasing in October, it can't be more accurate at this point.
I'm convinced of this too. I think this kind of points too a Switch Successor launching later than 2023 or at least not with a 3D Mario title,
there is no precedent for a 2D and 3D Mario title releasing in the same year. I've also been thinking about how Nintendo has never cross- released a game for 2 consoles with a big power gap, from what I understand from the Hardware Speculation thread, the performance jump from Switch to Drake will be larger than Wii U to Switch.

What if all the Stinky Horse leakers are EPD4 haters and it's actually a GOTY-level release? 🤔
Seriously, if it was in somewhat playable shape I would love it as a NSO Expansion Pack release.

I’m sorta confused about the question posed in this thread. Are we speculating about announcements or releases in June?
Likely releases, I just needed to throw it out there.

I'm convinced of this too. I think this kind of points too a Switch Successor launching later than 2023 or at least not with a 3D Mario title,
there is no precedent for a 2D and 3D Mario title releasing in the same year. I've also been thinking about how Nintendo has never cross- released a game for 2 consoles with a big power gap, from what I understand from the Hardware Speculation thread, the performance jump from Switch to Drake will be larger than Wii U to Switch.
Every New Super Mario Bros. game apart from like DS and original Mario Maker had a 5-6 months from reveal to release, or even less. There was likely no point for them to announce it in February, even if this is new take on 2D Mario (which it very likely will be). “We will continue to make 3D and 2D Mario games, but I want to make one that even exceeds New Super Mario Bros., “I can’t say anything concrete yet, but you may see it within a few years.” - Takashi Tezuka

It's also like worth pointing out that Nintendo would just never packed the successor launch with EPD releases right away, they need to space things out. 2D Mario releasing this Holiday first makes the most sense to me, it does not need to wait for a successor to arrive. It's the perfect swang song for this Switch, especially after Mario Movie was released.

Last edited:
I’m sorta confused about the question posed in this thread. Are we speculating about announcements or releases in June?
The thread is supposed to be about releases in June. It’s in the title and OP and the poll further points to it.

If people want to make announcement predictions at this point based off the absurdity of Xenoblade Wave 4 being next week, I won’t stop them though. (Not that I was two months prior lol) Main goal here is for speculators to have some fun (focused) chats in the off season for Direct Speculation. I’m genuinely interested in the topic too.

Last edited:
A second team wins! June is getting a new Nintendo Game!
Our second team has won! June is getting a new Nintendo game with the infamous Stinky Horse Everybody 1-2 Switch officially announced! We have a whole month ahead so who knows who else will win! I’m not going to lock the poll, so congrats to:

• MisterSpo
  • Dragoncaine
  • Fuffelpups
  • ika
  • NintendoMariah
  • winstein
  • xandelucas
  • Gabev
  • xghost777
  • Appelsider
  • Nabbit
  • shoptroll
  • deiniol
  • komlesopp
  • neil
  • ZephyrPhoenix
  • capybarasuprema

A Third Team Wins! Base NSO Games Confirmed!
A third team has just won! We have four games hitting the standard NSO now including Harvest Moon SNES and Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble! Still 25 days left in June for more teams to win!

• Gartooth
  • dkeane
  • Weebos
  • MisterSpo
  • Mbolibombo
  • Fraa
  • UncleAlbert
  • DenkeyKong
  • olobolger
  • Chalphy
  • xghost777
  • V_ac
  • Nabbit
  • big lantern ghost
  • Cubs017
  • Supreme Bum 01
  • joveroy
  • komlesopp
  • mattyppp
  • oomoepoo
  • ZephyrPhoenix
  • Johna X

Actually upon review, four teams have won so far. Congrats Everybody 1-2 Switch believers!
I forgot I specifically listed Everybody 1-2 Switch as one of the options...whoops.

Two teams won back on Thursday! Not sure if anyone snuck in there, but congrats to:

• Linkie3
  • winstein
  • olobolger
  • DustinWretch
  • Christer
  • bo25

To the 9 people predicting Stinky Horse game releasing: How does it feel to be the Cassandra of Nintendo Speculation? :')

Back
Top Bottom