• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Favourite Title Theme Tune?

Cart00nish

Rattata

I Never enjoyed the actual game but would often swap headphones from Walkman to Gameboy and stay on Title Theme of Robocop and think about everything.

Such a great OST by Jonathon Dunn.

I also love the c64 and zx spectrum versions

The Gameboy version was used on a great TV advert in UK soon after which was nice to see at the time.
Ariston & on and on & Ariston

Found other favourites over time it is difficult to stay focused as OP to just post one but this was when I first noticed my love for videogame music seperate to the actual game

Was firstly thinking favourite Title Theme even if you weren't into the actual game but please share your favourite Title Theme either way

Last edited:
This always comes to mind:

This is also a classic:

I also love this version of the Danganronpa theme:

Outside of Metroid Prime 1, I always thought Axiom Verge's title theme was a real "oh shit" moment. One of the best main themes in gaming history imo.

kind of a weird one

iirc it's shared by a few other licensed vb games but don't quote me on that

edit: uhhhh technically not a title theme whoops. thought this thread was for openings for some reason. going with chibi robo's penis music

The title theme of Xenoblade 2 reflects the game incredibly well.

Starts off a bit light and meandering, then transitions into something a bit more moody and melancholy, but kicks in with the recurring motiff used to evoke hopefulness throughout the game. Then it goes somber again, in a way that evokes a grand scale of things, then quiets down, calls back to the moodiness, before the hopeful theme comes in again more powerfully. The theme ends more confidently, though still with that tang of bittersweet uncertainty.

All on just a single piano.

Yoko Shimomura is a master of title themes:

Yes that probably overall took top spot for me after I first heard it, think they had a preview on website

I love the hypnotizing title tunes, where I almost drift off, forget about everything including the game and ponder, what is life?
then long after remember I meant to play a videogame
Also the title screen graphic suits it perfectly

I never completed the game on my Wii or Wii U because other big games came along and distracted me, not tried definitive edition, I now feel like doing that even with my backlog

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Nuff Said
(The ORAS version counts too)

This reminds me of a thread I want to make about Pikmin music, but this is pretty high up there in terms of favourites

Also, maybe it's the nostalgia, the video, the cutscenes, the hype leading up to reveal; say what you will about Brawl but the opening theme goes hard

Latin chorus, the rushing snare, the timpanis as DK pounds his chest in synchrony, the horn arrangement, just...masterful. Nobuo Uematsu didn't have to go this hard for a franchise not named Final Fantasy but he did. He did it for us.

Also love that someone posted Adventure of Link up above. It's so epic.

Back
Top Bottom