• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Favorite comic strips.

CastletonSnob

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
What are your favorite comic strips, current or past?

Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County are my Comic Strip Trinity. I also like Baby Blues, Zits, Crabgrass and Wallace the Brave.

Like, newspaper comics? Pearls Before Swine has always been a favorite of mine.

What are your favorite comic strips, current or past?

Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County are my Comic Strip Trinity. I also like Baby Blues, Zits, Crabgrass and Wallace the Brave.
Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side were and still are big favorites of mine. I used to really like Dilbert many years ago, but sort of fell off of it. Plus Scott Adams being a colossal asshole.

I love the old 30s ones like Floyd Gottftedson Mickey Mouse, Thimble Theater, Little Orphan Annie, Flash Gordon. Love when they told long serialized stories. Oh, and obviously Peanuts and Little Nemo are the best. Newspaper comics, they used to be good.

Watterson was in a whole other league.
He'd do stuff like this:
calvin-hobbes-bird1.png

And then the next week it'd be stuff like this:
ZDWoDB5.png

+1 for Gottfredon's Mickey and Peanuts. I love them so much.

Thimble Theater is something I've always wanted to read from the beginning. I read some of the stories with Popeye, and they were very good.

Calvin and Hobbes contained multitudes and influenced ways of thinking so effortlessly. Hobbes' quote in particular from my favourite strip lives in my head rent-free ever since I first read it when I was but a wee lad and I've wanted to find a way to incorporate it into a tattoo one day ever since

calvin_absurdity.jpg

In terms of webcomics, I still religiously follow Questionable Content and Dumbing Of Age, but over the years I've enjoyed (and lamented the loss of) so many more like Manly Guys Doing Manly Things/Punchline Is Machismo, Completely Serious Comics, Hejibits, Brawl In The Family, Doctor Cat, A Softer World, and the VG Catz Pokemon spinoff. XKCD is still going at least but I think after a string of comics where I simply was too dumb to get the punchline it just fell off for me lol

For all the Calvin & Hobbes fans here (and rightly so), worth checking out Bill Watterson's new graphic novel "The Mysteries" (reminds me of something like The Green Knight)
the-mysteries-9781524884949_xlg.jpg
the-mysteries-9781524884949.in01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom