• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 50, 2023 (Dec. 4-10)

Credit: Chris1964

Famitsu Sales: Week 50, 2023 (Dec 04 - Dec 10)

01./03. [NSW] Super Mario Bros. Wonder <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.10.20} (¥5.980) - 82.470 / 1.232.981 (+33%)
02./02. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu World: Chikyuu wa Kibou de Mawatteru! <TBL> (Konami) {2023.11.16} (¥6.300) - 62.488 / 540.444 (-4%)
03./01. [NSW] Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.12.01} (¥6.980) - 51.698 / 398.281 (-85%)
04./05. [NSW] Pikmin 4 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.07.21} (¥5.980) - 26.879 / 1.005.562 (+101%)
05./04. [NSW] Super Mario RPG <RPG> (Nintendo) {2023.11.17} (¥5.980) - 17.082 / 396.836 (-29%)
06./00. [PS5] Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade [New Price Edition] <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.12.07} (¥4.980) - 14.085 / NEW
07./06. [NSW] WarioWare: Move It! <ETC> (Nintendo) {2023.11.03} (¥4.980) - 13.544 / 87.823 (+41%)
08./08. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 12.861 / 3.338.767 (+62%)
09./07. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 12.189 / 5.568.741 (+44%)
10./10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 11.398 / 5.347.546 (+60%)

Top 10

NSW - 9
PS5 - 1

HARDWARE

kfBtqEr.jpg

Switch hardware is picking up but obviously it's still well below the pace of last year's holiday season. That acceleration is reflected in software sales strengthening for key titles; really pleasing to see Mario Wonder, Pikmin 4 and WarioWare benefitting from that. Especially pleasing to see Pikmin 4 break the million bar for physical copies in Japan.

Fairly clear the system can't go on as Nintendo's primary product for another 12 months, though that's been my expectation for a while.

Last edited:
We already expected it but I still cannot help but be impressed with Nintendo evergreens continuing to evergreen. Increases across the board. Especially for Pikmin 4 at 101% increase. Wowie zowie!

92k! Man, Switch still have lots of potential in its 7th year but Nintendo fails to capitalize this with extra iterations or sku's. Switch Lite OLED sounds like best option to effectively revive Switch sales all the way to its peak but some limited edition colors would do fine too. We still haven't had our traditional Pikachu themed console and this might be the perfect opportunity to bring back transparent models.

We already expected it but I still cannot help but be impressed with Nintendo evergreens continuing to evergreen. Increases across the board. Especially for Pikmin 4 at 101% increase. Wowie zowie!
WarioWare and others up almost 50% is pretty cool to see. Must be the holiday shopping effect.

92k! Man, Switch still have lots of potential in its 7th year but Nintendo fails to capitalize this with extra iterations or sku's. Switch Lite OLED sounds like best option to effectively revive Switch sales all the way to its peak but some limited edition colors would do fine too. We still haven't had our traditional Pikachu themed console and this might be the perfect opportunity to bring back transparent models.
I would love for the Switch Micro rumors to be true because they can definitely ride that as the budget console for all of 2024 as well as keep Switch relevant as a budget "pocketable" handheld after Switch 2 is out.

Nintendo Switch Micro launching alongside Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Leaf Green, Fire Red, and Emerald on NSO. Imagine how fast they'd fly off the shelves.

finally a 100k week next week or naw?

that aside, GO PIKMIN 4‼️ truly such a deserved 1 milli.

i wonder what the stock situation is like for DQM this week. also really cannot tell how SMRPG is doing overall but i’m starting to, unfortunately, err on the side of it’s slipping too fast..?

It's pretty daunting to see the Switch still selling like it is in Japan. 30+ millions you wonder whose left to buy this thing...

Guess we’ll be getting more of these bundles then!
At least in Japan I would guess. As far as I'm aware, these bundles are nothing new for Nintendo there (for the Switch, afaik, this is the first one - but there were several 3DS bundles I believe near the end of its life). I would expect several bundles to pop up within the next two years, but I don't know if they'll make their way to the US or Europe.

At least in Japan I would guess. As far as I'm aware, these bundles are nothing new for Nintendo there (for the Switch, afaik, this is the first one - but there were several 3DS bundles I believe near the end of its life). I would expect several bundles to pop up within the next two years, but I don't know if they'll make their way to the US or Europe.
Ahh, fuck :/ you’re right. Hopefully they try to get these bundles over here, but I presume it’s also because the Yen is weak

It's pretty daunting to see the Switch still selling like it is in Japan. 30+ millions you wonder whose left to buy this thing...
V1 Switch owners are replacing their old consoles with OLEDs, I think. The replacement pace has been slow so far so it's not surprising Switch is still selling this much.

The real baffling thing is that the old Switch sold 13k next to OLED!

also, to break up what seems like me picking on the switch week after week, the ps5 isn't doing too hot either. especially after the slim revision announcement plummeting sales for a few weeks and then not really making it back. iirc, sony didn't necessarily every perform gangbusters in the holiday season like nintendo, but this does seem a bit odd considering the slim should have boosted sales more. it's been basically flat WoW for a couple weeks now.

Approximately 1 in every 125 people you walk by on the streets of Japan is a Pikmin fan. Other cultures could learn something.

Well, I certainly didn't expect Pikmin to cross the 1mil threshold this week, but I'll take it.

Call me crazy, but I think we might be getting Pikmin 5, folks.

I'm happy for Pikmin 4. Thanks to the success of the Switch, this game is also getting better response than in the past. A hypothetical Pikmin 5 on Switch 2 could achieve definitive consecration. ✌️🙂

Ooooofffff the only way I see it hitting that million in JP is counting digital sales, I don't think it will get there with just physical, but time will tell
Digital ratio is probably pretty big with vouchers, but I agree. I just want it to do well enough for Nintendo to take notice.

Always new people being born. Lots of people getting it either were very small when it released or didn't exist yet.

V1 Switch owners are replacing their old consoles with OLEDs, I think. The replacement pace has been slow so far so it's not surprising Switch is still selling this much.

The real baffling thing is that the old Switch sold 13k next to OLED!
This is why I believe Switch 2 has the potential to outsell the og. The hardware should stay more relevant and capable than the current Switch, because diminishing returns really won't allow for too much more performance in handheld performance than what Switch 2 should offer.

Back
Top Bottom