• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2023 (Sep. 04-10)

Credit: Chris1964

Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2023 (Sep 04 - Sep 10)

01./01. [NSW] Pikmin 4 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.07.21} (¥5.980) - 31.013 / 817.846 (-9%)
02./00. [NSW] The Quintessential Quintuplets: Five Promises Made with Her # <ADV> (Mages.) {2023.09.07} (¥7.800) - 10.720 / NEW
03./03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 10.447 / 5.475.776 (-9%)
04./00. [NSW] Shuuen no Virche - EpiC: Lycoris # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2023.09.07} (¥6.800) - 8.633 / NEW
05./15. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure # <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980) - 7.658 / 3.458.561 (+146%)
06./02. [PS5] Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon # <ACT> (From Software) {2023.08.25} (¥7.900) - 7.311 / 141.505 (-61%)
07./07. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2022.11.18} (¥5.980) - 6.934 / 5.118.914 (+25%)
08./06. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 6.846 / 3.257.489 (-5%)
09./05. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2023.05.12} (¥7.200) - 6.838 / 1.854.786 (-5%)
10./04. [PS4] Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon # <ACT> (From Software) {2023.08.25} (¥7.900) - 5.350 / 64.202 (-51%)

Top 10

NSW - 8
PS4 - 1
PS5 - 1

HARDWARE

G1CaWAc.jpg

Switch is doing so well in Japan to the point I am confused about it, why are the figures still so good now?

The performance of Pikmin 4 is great, but Kit n Krysta were saying Nintendo are disappointed by it. While not to the level in Japan, it hardly seems like a flop in other regions either. We're Nintendo a bit unrealistic in their projections?

The performance of Pikmin 4 is great, but Kit n Krysta were saying Nintendo are disappointed by it. While not to the level in Japan, it hardly seems like a flop in other regions either. We're Nintendo a bit unrealistic in their projections?
How do Kit n Krystal know about this? Do they still have access to inside information?

Lately they have been a bit hit or miss with everything they claim so without a better source I don't think much of it.

How do Kit n Krystal know about this? Do they still have access to inside information?
I don't think that, they probably act as if they still in knowledge, because that's what their channel got big with, telling some insider stories from the time they worked for Nintendo. I doubt they still have insider knowledge and I am sure no Nintendo employee would give them financial plans for newer games.

Anyway they lost me when they talked about the Diablo mobile game without mentioning it's horrible predatorial monetization practices and said basically that they don't understand the agitation about that game because it is so much fun. I deleted my subscription to their channel immediately after that video.

It showed me that they are either bought by companies to market their games or they are just ignorant.

I like Kit and Krysta a lot. But some of the stuff they say is just... off. It's not worth putting stock into. Yes, they worked at NoA. But NoA is really nothing more than a marketing arm for Nintendo.

Pikmin 4 is a success, no matter how you slice it. Nintendo is well aware of the series' sales history. It will easily be the best-selling one. They'll be happy with that.

Pikmin 4 could finish the year with anywhere between 950K and 1.2 million retail units while averaging 10K-20K per week (which is a very conservative estimate, btw), and that of course does not take into account the holiday bump, which frankly I don't have idea how big it's going to be. Either way, it should push it enough to put it close to 1.25M territory, or past it in the best case scenario.

Add digital sales and you have a game that could have potentially sold 1.5 million copies in Japan alone in 2023. Insane is the proper word for this franchise breakthrough.

Pikmin 4 could finish the year with anywhere between 950K and 1.2 million retail units while averaging 10K-20K per week (which is a very conservative estimate, btw), and that of course does not take into account the holiday bump, which frankly I don't have idea how big it's going to be. Either way, it should push it enough to put it close to 1.25M territory, or past it in the best case scenario.

Add digital sales and you have a game that could have potentially sold 1.5 million copies in Japan alone in 2023. Insane is the proper word for this franchise breakthrough.
I'm more surprised to see Pikmin outperform Kirby

Goddamn I didn't realize Pikmin 4 was already nearly clearing a million in Japan alone, that's insane and makes me very happy as a Pikmin fan. That should be more than compelling enough evidence for Pikmin to keep getting support.

Does this also not include digital sales? Because if so, jesus Pikmin 4 is a beast in Japan.

I wonder if Pikmin 4 has done nearly as outstanding in other regions compared to past games as it has in Japan. I mean, 4 is dominating in Japan. It's unreal. I wonder if it's just average success in other regions, not this enormous leap like in Japan. Easily passing 3 million but if it just has average sales in other regions, it may not beat 4-5 million.

Nintendo being dissapointed with Pikmin 4 selling 3 million and Square Enix being satisfied with FF XVI selling the same doesn't add up....at all. The latter definitly had a higher budget than the former

Back
Top Bottom