• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Famiboards meetup at Comic-Con Niagara Falls

switchum

Providing Fami with bad takes a-plenty since 2022!
Pronouns
he/him
Hello Fami,

I’ve been thinking a Famiboards meetup might be fun and help strengthen bonds within the community! I was originally thinking about Nintendo Live, but since it looks like tickets will only be available through a raffle, it’s not exactly ideal for a meetup.

But then I realized - I’m going to Comic-Con in Niagara Falls on Saturday; why not see if anyone else on the forum would want to meetup there? Based on many conversations I’ve read here, I know there are quite a few Canadian members of the forum so I thought that might make things a bit easier in regards to planning on such a short notice (although it goes without saying, anyone is welcome if you’re able to make it).

I’d love to see any of you there and say hello in-person! This community is already very special to me online, and I thought this might be a fun opportunity to meet! I’d love the chance to get to know some of you (and, of course, nerd out a bit at the convention. I’ll be after games from the GCN era and later to start building up a collection, and I’m super pumped for that).

The convention is being held at Niagara Falls Convention Centre, and I’ll be there on Saturday June 10. Here’s a link where you can buy tickets or read more info: https://nfcomiccon.com/

I’d love to hear some thoughts or know if anyone’s interested! I hope I’ll see you there!

Really cool idea! I won't be at CC myself, but it still sounds like it could be a really fun time. I wonder if we could pull off something similar for Gamescom this August?

Really cool idea! I won't be at CC myself, but it still sounds like it could be a really fun time. I wonder if we could pull off something similar for Gamescom this August?
This would be amazing! I’d have to sort out the logistics of getting to Europe, but I will certainly keep this in mind. I agree that it would be a super fun moment!

Hello Fami,

I’ve been thinking a Famiboards meetup might be fun and help strengthen bonds within the community! I was originally thinking about Nintendo Live, but since it looks like tickets will only be available through a raffle, it’s not exactly ideal for a meetup.

But then I realized - I’m going to Comic-Con in Niagara Falls on Saturday; why not see if anyone else on the forum would want to meetup there? Based on many conversations I’ve read here, I know there are quite a few Canadian members of the forum so I thought that might make things a bit easier in regards to planning on such a short notice (although it goes without saying, anyone is welcome if you’re able to make it).

I’d love to see any of you there and say hello in-person! This community is already very special to me online, and I thought this might be a fun opportunity to meet! I’d love the chance to get to know some of you (and, of course, nerd out a bit at the convention. I’ll be after games from the GCN era and later to start building up a collection, and I’m super pumped for that).

The convention is being held at Niagara Falls Convention Centre, and I’ll be there on Saturday June 10. Here’s a link where you can buy tickets or read more info: https://nfcomiccon.com/

I’d love to hear some thoughts or know if anyone’s interested! I hope I’ll see you there!
Damn, missed the occasion!

@switchum

Let's meet-up sometime, but also, let's have a clear date that's weeks ahead so we know when to, well, meet-up.
100%. Honestly, this idea just struck around when I posted this, otherwise I’d have posted earlier. We should absolutely do something with more advance planning; I’m open to that.

I feel like it will always be difficult to meet up with this community literally spreading over continents unfortunately.

Though I wouldn‘t mind to go to one of the many US events at some point. Flights from europe aren‘t too expensive currently, only time is a real issue.

I feel like it will always be difficult to meet up with this community literally spreading over continents unfortunately.

Though I wouldn‘t mind to go to one of the many US events at some point. Flights from europe aren‘t too expensive currently, only time is a real issue.
Good point and I forget that some of us are in Europe.

Somewhere like PAX might make the most sense. It feels like this forum isn't composed of a lot of con-goers though.

Back
Top Bottom