• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Famiboards Game of the Year 2022 Celebration - Prelude: Most Anticipated 2023 Game (WINNER ANNOUNCED, see threadmark)

Fami Your Consideration
Most Anticipated 2023 Game
Like a Dragon: Ishin

I love this series to death. Samurai themed Yakuza series game that I always wanted and it just looks so beautiful. Plus the cast being used from my favourite games in the series. Can't believe how soon it is now until release. RGG Studio never disappoints me.

Front Mission 2, Street Fighter VI and RE4 Remake are all up there too. First time I've been that excited for a SF game in may years tbh. RE4 Remake looks insane. Front Mission 2 is a "finally!" kind of announcement I always dream of since I love that series.

Went ahead and voted!

1.) Resident Evil 4
2.) Marvel's Spider-Man 2
3.) Hades II
4.) Final Fantasy XVI
5.) Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I'll admit, that last pick is filler, lol. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first, but hopefully the sequel is better.

Thanks again for your hard work on this, Irene and Josh!

Voted! I went with:

Zelda (it’s so close!)
Reverie (most tangible hype!)
FFXVI (looks amazing!)
Alan Wake II (it’s been a decade!)
Pikmin 4 (rough teaser, hype game!)
Spider Man 2 (it’s gonna be awesome!)
Octopath II (yay more Octopath!)
Forspoken (demo was fun!)
GrimGrimoire (low for rerelease, yay Vanillaware!)
Jedi Survivor (weirdly low hype here since I liked the first one)

I absolutely would have picked Yakuza Ishin if it was nominated in time between Spider Man and Octopath II. Honorable mention of contenders, that Dragon Quest Dai game since I like the anime. No idea if it’ll be good though.

Voting Ballot
Reposting for the new page.

Thank you everyone for your help so far with nominating games for the first category of our celebration. I have already learned of a few games coming out that are now on my radar. Now that we have a strong list of candidates, it is time to vote!

Please use the below link to vote. A couple of things to note. First, please make sure not to vote for the same game twice. Otherwise we cannot count your ballot. You will be able to go back and make changes until December 31st. Also, you can vote for up to 10 games, but you must list at least five games.

Last edited:
Fami Your Consideration
Disney Speedstorm

Fami Your Consideration
Like a Dragon: Ishin

I love this series to death. Samurai themed Yakuza series game that I always wanted and it just looks so beautiful. Plus the cast being used from my favourite games in the series. Can't believe how soon it is now until release. RGG Studio never disappoints me.

Front Mission 2, Street Fighter VI and RE4 Remake are all up there too. First time I've been that excited for a SF game in may years tbh. RE4 Remake looks insane. Front Mission 2 is a "finally!" kind of announcement I always dream of since I love that series.

Thank you both for writing, but as of yesterday, the nomination period ended, so your picks didn’t make the cut. Feel free to vote, though!

Voted!

1. Final Fantasy XVI
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Starfield
4. Tears of the Kingdom
5. Resident Evil 4

I can’t believe that nobody nominated FF7R Rebirth! That would have been on my list.

I went with

• LoZ Tears of the Kingdom
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Hades II
  • Trails into Reverie
  • Octopath Traveler II

Wow I didn't realize how big of a feast 2023 was gonna be for jrpgs fans. I feel like we ate so much this year already. XD

I submitted yesterday, but if I remember correctly, this was my list:

1. Zelda
2. Old Skies
3. Octopath Traveler II
4. Baldur's Gate III
5. Stormgate
6. Hades II
7. Forspoken
8. Starfield
9. Armored Core VI
10. Final Fantasy XVI

My votes:
  1. The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Armored Core VI: Fires of the Rubicon
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. Forspoken
  5. Starfield
  6. Marvel's Spiderman 2
  7. Octopath Traveler II
  8. Baldur's Gate III
  9. Pikmin 4
Was debating if I was gonna stretch for a tenth but naaah.

Went with:
1. TLOZ: TOTK
2. Final Fantasy XVI
3. Marvel's Spider-Man 2
4. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
5. Alan Wake II

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Silksong
3. Fire Emblem
4. Zelda
5. Octopath

Fully expecting to love all these games. Can't wait to play them.

This is going to be a very one sided winner here I think lmao. Rightly so though, I was contemplating putting Starfield first since it's not that far out (certainly a more unknown quantity and therefore something I'm also paying a lot of attention to), but ultimately the sequel to the best game ever is the most anticipated game always.

I voted for:
1. Zelda TotK
2. Starfield
3. Silksong
4. Fire Emblem Engage
5. Spider-Man 2
6. Forspoken

I stopped there, there are some other games I'm interested in (e.g. BG3, Pikmin 4), but I'm not really actively anticipating them, more having a when the time comes I'll see if I should get them-approach.

Then there are some games that should be on my list but weren't nominated, which is totally my own fault I know.

The Plucky Squire (at 3), The Expanse (telltale) (at 6), Star Wars Jedi Survivor (at 9) and Diablo 4 (but only if it comes to gamepass, I wouldn't buy it, at 10).

1. Silksong
2. Final Fantasy XVI
3. Zelda TotK
4. Hades 2
5. Octopath 2

I probably won't even play Octopath 2 since I didn't really enjoy the first one, but it's the only game besides my other four picks that I'm even remotely interested in. If FFVII Rebirth were nominated that would've taken the number 2 spot.

Fami Your Consideration
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

With the Ni-oh series, Koei Tecmo has proven they can go beyond the typical Warriors games that they're so well known for. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is set during the Three Kingdoms era and is specifically set in an alternative take on the era with demons as you are an original character going through the events of the novel and the actual history but with fantastical elements added to the mix. It is specifically a dark fantasy setting but with an alternative universe take and, of course, set in ancient China. We've seen Koei Tecmo publish games such as the Atelier series and other games that have garnered much esteem. I'm hoping this will be a mainstay of theirs going forward.

Wo_Long_Fallen_Dynasty_cover.jpeg

(What can I say? It's at least my most anticipated anyway...)

My ballot was:

1. Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  2. Hades 2
  3. TLoZ: Tears of the Kingdom
  4. Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  5. Pikmin 4

I confess that I didn't need all five spots and had to think a bit to fill them.

Alright y'all, we have decided to extend voting by one day!

So winners will be presented on Sunday, around the time when the main event comes up.

I submitted my response but didn't record it like other people did.

:eek:

I remember the answers being generic with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on top.

Forspoken was also there, but I feel like the only person interested in that game.

I submitted my response but didn't record it like other people did.

:eek:

I remember the answers being generic with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on top.

Forspoken was also there, but I feel like the only person interested in that game.
I was interested in Forspoken, didn't much care for the demo but might still pick it up... we'll see

And the winner is ....
mRCXlWb.jpg

And there you have it!

We received a total of 52 votes for this category. Big thanks to everyone that nominated and/or voted! Every game received at least 2 votes, so someone besides you are excited for that special game in your heart.

The real GOTY event will kick off tonight, so stay tuned!

Last edited:
And there you have it!

We received a total of 52 votes for this category. Big thanks to everyone that nominated and/or voted! Every game received at least 2 votes, so someone besides you are excited for that special game in your heart.

The real GOTY event will kick off tonight, so stay tuned!
As it should.

But Pikmin 4 taking a second place? Great to see it Fami.

Full list of winners
Final Results:
GameTotal1st Place votes
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
437​
28​
Pikmin 4
242​
3​
Fire Emblem: Engage
211​
4​
Octopath Traveler II
169​
1​
Final Fantasy XVI
160​
5​
Hollow Knight: Silksong
150​
2​
Hades II
140​
2​
Resident Evil 4
133​
1​
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
113​
1​
Starfield
112​
1​
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
93​
0​
Kirby: Return to Dream Land Deluxe
82​
1​
Forspoken
63​
0​
Baldur's Gate III
57​
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
46​
0​
Armored Core
31​
0​
Grimgrimoire Once More
26​
0​
Alan Wake II
25​
0​
Infinity Strash Dragn Quest: Adventures of Dai
25​
1​
Wanted: Dead
17​
1​
Stormgate
14​
0​
Old Skies
13​
0​

Final Results:
GameTotal1st Place votes
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
437​
28​
Pikmin 4
242​
3​
Fire Emblem: Engage
211​
4​
Octopath Traveler II
169​
1​
Final Fantasy XVI
160​
5​
Hollow Knight: Silksong
150​
2​
Hades II
140​
2​
Resident Evil 4
133​
1​
Marvel's Spider-Man 2
113​
1​
Starfield
112​
1​
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
93​
0​
Kirby: Return to Dream Land Deluxe
82​
1​
Forspoken
63​
0​
Baldur's Gate III
57​
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
46​
0​
Armored Core
31​
0​
Grimgrimoire Once More
26​
0​
Alan Wake II
25​
0​
Infinity Strash Dragn Quest: Adventures of Dai
25​
1​
Wanted: Dead
17​
1​
Stormgate
14​
0​
Old Skies
13​
0​
Guys idk, but it feels like this Tears of the Kingdom game might have some hype behind it

Back
Top Bottom