• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had planned on doing that anyway. I don't think making a separate thread would be worth it, based on the traffic we usually have, unless someone really wants to do one, of course.

Yeah , I don't think so either, although the WC is almost 1 year away so maybe the traffic increases by that time. Personally, I like low traffic more, less chaos.

52b.jpeg

That was harsh on Kidderminster, nearly beating West ham over 90 mins and then not getting the replay because of Covid and then losing in extra time.

Some context; right now in the Netherlands lots of women are stepping up and sharing their stories on sexual harrasment and inappropriate behaviour, which led to the cancellation/hiatus of the talent show the Voice. Several people were implicated including two coaches who were the face of the show.

And now it seems to happen in football as well, as Marc Overmars, (Ajax, Arsenal, Barcelona) has stepped down right away due to inappropriate messages to coworkers.

This hits Ajax hard, as they were happy with his work and they recently upgraded his contract. He can kiss his career goodbye.

Some context; right now in the Netherlands lots of women are stepping up and sharing their stories on sexual harrasment and inappropriate behaviour, which led to the cancellation/hiatus of the talent show the Voice. Several people were implicated including two coaches who were the face of the show.

And now it seems to happen in football as well, as Marc Overmars, (Ajax, Arsenal, Barcelona) has stepped down right away due to inappropriate messages to coworkers.

This hits Ajax hard, as they were happy with his work and they recently upgraded his contract. He can kiss his career goodbye.
Good riddance. There's no place for harassers in football. Or there shouldn't be.

Let's hope this reckoning comes to the Spanish League(s). Just recently, Rayo Vallecano signed a rape apologist (article in Spanish) to train their women's team and one of the staffers has already resigned in protest.

Back to the sport itself: great, great win by Barça last night. Completely unexpected, IMO, to beat Atlético so clearly. And we didn't fall apart after losing Alves to a well-deserved red card like we did in Granada. There is growth in Xavi's team after all, let's hope next game isn't a step back.

Great game by Adama, BTW. There's another thing I didn't think I'd be saying. Just having him on the pitch gives the team so many options.

Yeah, people like him can fuck off for all eternity and never come back.

On a less disgusting note, congratulations are in order for Senegal, winning the Africa Cup for their first time.

Oh cool, Bayern had their annual blown game against a firing-on-all-cylinders mid-table club again to raise everyone's hope this season the Bundesliga trophy maybe won't go to Munich yet again.

Let's see if they can build on his horrendous form.

Oh cool, Bayern had their annual blown game against a firing-on-all-cylinders mid-table club again to raise everyone's hope this season the Bundesliga trophy maybe won't go to Munich yet again.

Let's see if they can build on his horrendous form.
Same procedure as every year. Bayern win the championship by default nowadays. No other team has the resources to keep their pace over the entirety of the season. They can afford to have those kind of slip ups because BVB and whoever else turns out to be somewhat competitive have them twice over.

Same procedure as every year. Bayern win the championship by default nowadays. No other team has the resources to keep their pace over the entirety of the season. They can afford to have those kind of slip ups because BVB and whoever else turns out to be somewhat competitive have them twice over.

Exactly. At least it's funny how - rather than drop a game 0-1 or 1-2 on an off-day - they tend to get absolutely blown out.

Still sour about that Ajax 2-2. Should've been up 1-4 at HT, though 2nd half we're lucky we didn't lose with 4-2.

One of my favorite kit providers, Away Days, put up for sale mystery replica MLS kits from the past 4 seasons for $34, so naturally I bought one. I don't hate any MLS team, I just really love the Loons, so I'm excited to see what I get.

VfB finally pulled their shit together and managed to win after being down 0-2.

VfB finally pulled their shit together and managed to win after being down 0-2.
I seriously hope Stuttgart pulls through and avoids the relegation. I know it's kinda mean, but I'd rather see Hertha go down with how they've wasted all the money they were raking in temporarily thanks to Windhorst.

I seriously hope Stuttgart pulls through and avoids the relegation. I know it's kinda mean, but I'd rather see Hertha go down with how they've wasted all the money they were raking in temporarily thanks to Windhorst.
I hope so as well. I could do without the chaos that would inevitably ensue if they relegate again, lol.

I also had high hopes for Schalke to return next season, but it is not looking too good right now. Really miss them in Buli.

I also had high hopes for Schalke to return next season, but it is not looking too good right now. Really miss them in Buli.
Surprised Grammozis got sacked now, but I otherwise never expected him to make it to the end of the season either way, as sad as that may sound.

Surprised Grammozis got sacked now, but I otherwise never expected him to make it to the end of the season either way, as sad as that may sound.
I know the feeling. I am really surprised Matarazzo made it through a streak of nine games without a victory.

Positively surprised, I mean. Given in the past, whoever went on that long without 3 points for Stuttgart would have been sacked twice over.

I am a tad disappointed with Amine Adli's performance this weekend against Bayern. If he was a little more relaxed in front of the goal, Leverkusen would have bagged in the three points. It would have made the championship race more interesting and would have made Dortmund look in the rear mirror.

But mind you, aside of that, he played very well for a player of his age. Also, I don't know what the hell is going on with Upamecano.

Being a Schalke fan is like 95% frustration these days. I'm so damn sick of this club sometimes, god damn it.
Saw the loss against Hansa, shame.

Still rooting for them to return to the Bundesliga.

I have no idea what the Bayern leaders are thinking about but if I was them, I would offer Lewandowski a 5-year contract and a reconversion proposal for him to enter the board after he stops his career.

Nobody/nothing can touch him. Dude is a legite semi-god.

I just came to congratulate the most recent ballon d'or Leonel Messi for his performance with his new team and specially for yesterdays game, that hat-trick from him was amazing and i'm very happy he and his new team have a strong path towards the Champion's Ligue this year. Since Messi arrived to the PSG the team is different, you can tell that Messi on his own can make any team strong (and not the other way around like the haters say, that Messi is nothing without a strong team). That ballon d'or was well deserved.

You can also see Messis solid leadership abilities, very non toxic of course, always traying to integrate all the members of his team in inner inner circle , not being an exclusionary asshole, making Mbappe his right hand man since he is one of the best players in the world , but also having Neymar (another absolute FIRECRACKER, not a dud AT ALL) as his left hand man, man what an amazing team.

I really hope Messi's performance can be seen during the world cup as well and finally win that much desired world cup chop chop .

......What?

I just came to congratulate the most recent ballon d'or Leonel Messi for his performance with his new team and specially for yesterdays game, that hat-trick from him was amazing and i'm very happy he and his new team have a strong path towards the Champion's Ligue this year. Since Messi arrived to the PSG the team is different, you can tell that Messi on his own can make any team strong (and not the other way around like the haters say, that Messi is nothing without a strong team). That ballon d'or was well deserved.

You can also see Messis solid leadership abilities, very non toxic of course, always traying to integrate all the members of his team in inner inner circle , not being an exclusionary asshole, making Mbappe his right hand man since he is one of the best players in the world , but also having Neymar (another absolute FIRECRACKER, not a dud AT ALL) as his left hand man, man what an amazing team.

I really hope Messi's performance can be seen during the world cup as well and finally win that much desired world cup chop chop .

......What?
Joke aside, I wonder about Messi and Neymar's current mental health. Those guys have gone through a lot. Ney especially. There is something about Paris that makes it prone to unexpected moments of weakness much like Schalke, Lyon, Arsenal and Valencia.

Are these clubs toxic to some level? No matter what player(s) came, they eventually ended up performing at a mediocre level when it truly mattered.

Joke aside, I wonder about Messi and Neymar's current mental health. Those guys have gone through a lot. Ney especially. There is something about Paris that makes it prone to unexpected moments of weakness much like Schalke, Lyon, Arsenal and Valencia.

Are these clubs toxic to some level? No matter what player(s) came, they eventually ended up performing at a mediocre level when it truly mattered.

Messi and Neymar had these "inexplicable" moments of mediocrity playing for their national teams too and before playing for PSG, so i really doupt the club has any part on it, specially from PSG who have bended backwards to accomodate the likes of Messi, Neymar , Ramos and so forth.

First time i hear this argument, ever.

Looks at my avatar

Well, shit.
I am genuinely sorry for you. Ever since Tuchel took over, the club has been consistently doing very well. Your players are all disciplined, efficient in the back and ruthless in front of the goal. I love watching your games.

I am genuinely sorry for you. Ever since Tuchel took over, the club has been consistently doing very well. Your players are all disciplined, efficient in the back and ruthless in front of the goal. I love watching your games.

You're very kind - but there was always a chance of this. It's not as if no one knew who Abramovich was linked to.

Looks at my avatar

Well, shit.
F.

Tuchel's Chelsea is one of the greatest teams I've seen in the past years. It's a shame. The only good (?) thing I can say is that nothing bad lasts forever, and Chelsea is a big enough club that you will find a way out.

On another note: I've been really enjoying watching Xavi's Barça over the last weeks. We've played great games against very difficult teams to play against, and I think we might even have a shot at beating Madrid and Sevilla, something that was unthinkable in December.

I hadn't been so involved with my Barça (watching all the games, even Xavi's press conferences etc) since, well, since Luis Enrique was the manager. We still have a lot to do, and there have been a bunch of bad games and much room to grow, but Xavi's influence and the winter signings have been a blessing. I hope this is the start of something special.

Just noticed tonight is Clásico night! Real or Barça, choose your fighter.
What a game. What a night. Xavi (and the winter signings) have transformed a team that was a disaster just four months ago.
Auba with the coolest celebration. He's really sprung to life since moving to Barca, as an Arsenal fan I'm happy to see him doing well.

Please thank Arteta on our behalf

Auba with the coolest celebration. He's really sprung to life since moving to Barca, as an Arsenal fan I'm happy to see him doing well.

Just want to echo this sentiment. It’s a mixed feeling: I really wish it didn’t have to end this way but at the same time it seems like it’s worked out for both clubs and the player, so I’m happy for everyone involved.

But I really thought Auba’s story would finish closer to a club legend than a club captain exported to the continent from the freezer. :/

Barcelona better team than PSG confirmed.

Messi and Neymar being huge jinxes double-confirmed bye

1306720430001.gif

The Chelsea FC owner - who has now recovered - reportedly suffered sore eyes and skin peeling.

Two Ukrainian peace negotiators were also said to have been affected.

One report said the alleged poisoning was orchestrated by hardliners in Russia who wanted to sabotage talks.
Shortly after the allegations emerged, an unnamed US official was quoted by Reuters as saying that intelligence suggested the sickening of the men was due to "environmental" factors, not poisoning.[/quote

Back
Top Bottom