• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards 2023-2024 Pick-Up Thread |ST|

decided to add 2024 date as well

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Since no one else wanted to take over for 2023 i'll do i guess lol

Pick-Up Thread

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition of the pick-up thread here at Famiboards. If you're not familiar with the idea, this is a way for you to share any items you've picked-up throughout the month (or previous month) and then have a place to discuss them. Found a really cool item at your local Goodwill? Received an awesome birthday gift? Treated yourself to a new console? This is the place to show them off to the community!

The thread for 2023 is now consolidated into one big thread!

Pick-Up Thread Guidelines

• Please post actual photos instead of promo shots or images you found on Google.
  • Your pick-ups can also be non-gaming related items, so feel free to show off all your cool goods!
  • Don't criticize other people's posts. This thread should be focused on having fun and being positive!
  • Feel free to post throughout the month, the more engagement the better!
here's mine
MeDMAlQ.jpg

NoIGNCe.jpg

Ng3M6Yg.jpg

wY2i78w.jpg

JX0pqbu.jpg

Since no one else wanted to take over for 2023 i'll do i guess lol

Pick-Up Thread

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition of the pick-up thread here at Famiboards. If you're not familiar with the idea, this is a way for you to share any items you've picked-up throughout the month (or previous month) and then have a place to discuss them. Found a really cool item at your local Goodwill? Received an awesome birthday gift? Treated yourself to a new console? This is the place to show them off to the community!

The thread for 2023 is now consolidated into one big thread!

Pick-Up Thread Guidelines

• Please post actual photos instead of promo shots or images you found on Google.
  • Your pick-ups can also be non-gaming related items, so feel free to show off all your cool goods!
  • Don't criticize other people's posts. This thread should be focused on having fun and being positive!
  • Feel free to post throughout the month, the more engagement the better!
here's mine
MeDMAlQ.jpg

NoIGNCe.jpg

Ng3M6Yg.jpg

wY2i78w.jpg

JX0pqbu.jpg
oh hey neat, i also grabbed the first three Burnout games for Xbox off ebay! It was a few months ago, and i haven’t hooked up my OG Xbox to check if they even work lol

Ah, I keep forgetting to post on the proper thread.. but here it is! One important item I was missing from my collection ~

Fuz-P8wy-Xg-AYx-Qi8.jpg
Fuz-QG-v-WIAAVbcp.jpg

In a post-Chris Pratt world, my reverence for Bob Hoskins as Mario is stronger than ever! Sincerely, I never hated this movie.. I used to skip school to watch on TV when it used to broadcast here on afternoons back in the day;

I also have it burned on DVD, a friend did for me years and years ago, but I always wanted on a legit VHS copy, for the authentic experience!

Ah, I keep forgetting to post on the proper thread.. but here it is! One important item I was missing from my collection ~

Fuz-P8wy-Xg-AYx-Qi8.jpg
Fuz-QG-v-WIAAVbcp.jpg

In a post-Chris Pratt world, my reverence for Bob Hoskins as Mario is stronger than ever! Sincerely, I never hated this movie.. I used to skip school to watch on TV when it used to broadcast here on afternoons back in the day;

I also have it burned on DVD, a friend did for me years and years ago, but I always wanted on a legit VHS copy, for the authentic experience!
dvd copy goes for under 4$ on amazon in the u.s was not released in your area?

dvd copy goes for under 4$ on amazon in the u.s was not released in your area?
Oh, I'm from Brazil, and while I don't think importing the official DVD would be too costly for me, I also don't believe it was ever released on that format with the Brazilian Portuguese dub! Either way, I have other means of watching the movie if I wanted to, I just specifically wanted a VHS copy of it!

4AHNY04.jpg
My first contribution this year, most of what I buy is digital these days. I got some 4k steel books from best buy

With a new 2D Mario on the horizon one can’t have enough SN30 Pros. Picked up another pair when I saw the Ayaneo special edition (last one on the first pic is original), didn’t like the button colors and I prefer the Gameboy styled dpad, so I did some modding:

SsqXy7i.jpg

lD72Urg.jpg

I've got the game that doesn't exist (apparently in more ways than just one!); crazy!

image.png

Thanks to Activision not publishing physical games in Brazil for years anymore (and nobody makes a fuss about it), I had to import and thus wait for it to arrive a couple of days after launch; I've not been part of the closed Beta period because I always opt for going for the physical option, but there you go!..

These days behind does make a difference tho, I lost every match I played so far! But the game is indeed quite fun! 😵

bxllXoM.jpg

dvds from dollar tree rest from walmarts

d0w08d3.jpg

ZNQ5tHk.jpg

fOzSPM7.jpg

xbox 360 games digital store got free 25 credit for having a samsung galaxy phone

I swear I buy more than just Crash Bandicoot games;

F1-Zd-D3r-WAAAMNc-J.jpg

by the way, it's complete with the holographic optional cover inside!

Kicking myself for never taking part in this thread because it's always fun to see what goodies people get, including when they pick stuff up off the second hand market. I'll try to get photos uploaded and shared at some point, but this month I received a lovely surprise: the unofficial GameBoy book, GameBook! I backed it on Kickstarter at some point and completely forgot about it.

Also got the Zelda pro controller earlier this month and Pikmin 4 is preordered as a physical copy.

It has been crazy couple of months in my life. Also spent a lot, need to tone it down (already working in that, i´m returning to austerity)

1. A small wedding gift from my now wife

20230718-121737.jpg

2. Beautiful 2D, pixel art galore (Seriously , i'm obsessed )

20230718-120624.jpg

3. My Japanese Shmup imports (continuing with the 2D galore)

20230718-120836.jpg

4. Most of other miscellaneous pick ups, some games were DIRTY CHEAP i assume because of the critical backlash (Saint´s Row, Forspoken , Gollum)

20230718-121056.jpg

I'm missing some picks ups like some other games, some figures (specially presents that i received from father´s day) and Summer´s sales pickups (to many, you don´t wanna know)

Forgot to share, but I've got a new AC adapter for my Zeebo (as "new" it can be), and the Z-Dragon controller, which is a slight better controller they released halfway through to the console's life.
F44yEADXEAAYt5R

I've got two indispensable items for my collection: An all-time INDISPUTABLE classic and Crash Bandicoot: WARPED, I guess 🤪

F_E25jUWAAAY4OO

F_ks5sUXMAAlwOg

Finally have something to keep the carts (was using a chocolate box like a caveman)

o8YzywK.jpg

Also finally after 1 month damn mail finally delivered my copy of Bloodstained Curse of the Moon Chronicles, so I finally have the full Inti Creates switch physical collection (Yohane game missing because I lend it to a friend and I do have the MMZ and the second MM Legacy 2 but technically those are capcom games) and not a single dollar was wasted on those expensive LRG editions (Mighty Gunvolt Burst was second hand)

BWsxZAB.jpg

I swear I buy more than just Crash Bandicoot games;
I am also pretty good at lying, apparently!
GL9_ec4WEAA2wSc

I also ordered the other (in my opinion) better half of the Titans duology and should be arriving in the next couple of days; Then I'll have a complete set of mainline titles finally! 💕

Back
Top Bottom