• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour [Exputer] Marvel's Avengers end of service announcement imminent (Update: September 30th, 2023 end of service)

more like avengers endgame imminent

96b3c294e48292caeba63d311f009406.jpg

Why, yes, I am going to pay attention to whether this comes true or not just to know if I can give credence to the Baten Kaitos rumor that was posted by the same website.

Also, after a quick reading of the article... She-Hulk still isn't in the game? Holy crap.

This game is really cheap to pickup and with everything on the marketplace going to be free, I might actually buy this to play some casual co-op with friends.

Genuinely wondering how much S-E/Crystal Dynamics paid to acquire the license and if this even remotely came close to being worth the cost.

I don't personally care for the game, but I think it's kind of poor taste to dunk on the game when I am sure tons of people, especially kids, will be disappointed by this. We wouldn't like one of our favorite games getting axed. I dunno.

Genuinely wondering how much S-E/Crystal Dynamics paid to acquire the license and if this even remotely came close to being worth the cost.
Probably several times what Nintendo paid for Ultimate Alliance 3 for a much worse game with a much higher budget in general.

I don't personally care for the game, but I think it's kind of poor taste to dunk on the game when I am sure tons of people, especially kids, will be disappointed by this. We wouldn't like one of our favorite games getting axed. I dunno.
The reason the game is being discontinued is because tons of people will not be disappointed. The player counts have been marginal for months (years, even), and on an anecdotal basis as a teacher I've never even heard a kid mention this game's existence.

Dunk away, I say. Respectfully. Like, don't point and laugh at the developers or what fans there are, but absolutely laugh at Square for mishandling another release.

The reason the game is being discontinued is because tons of people will not be disappointed. The player counts have been marginal for months (years, even), and on an anecdotal basis as a teacher I've never even heard a kid mention this game's existence.

Dunk away, I say. Respectfully. Like, don't point and laugh at the developers or what fans there are, but absolutely laugh at Square for mishandling another release.
Yes, I know many people won't be disappointed but there undoubtedly will be many that are and that's enough. Agree to disagree, me thinks.

lol rest in piss won't be missed

anyways play Spider-Man, Guardians of Galaxy 2021 and Midnight Suns instead

I am amazed they kept it alive for so long. A bout ayear of so ago, I heard they were literally giving away the game for free to keep the numbers up and maybe hope MTX makes up for it.

Yes, I know many people won't be disappointed but there undoubtedly will be many that are and that's enough. Agree to disagree, me thinks.
I mean thats the beauty of live service games, the "service" will end, probably sooner than later. Most of the time sooner as many recent live service games have shown.

Anyway the poor people who will be disappointed when this game ends have now the chance to play another game and they can pick blindly from any shop and will probably get a better game.

Surprised it lasted this long. Case study in how to mishandle one of the world's hottest IPs.

Even though it's a thoroughly 7/10 game with some truly awful sections, it's amazing how much better MUA3 ended up being as an Avengers Assemble game.

It had all the big characters and fan favourites, most of the big villains, level theming that went hard into different Marvel franchises, and several different themed expansions that added more characters and content in a way most people seemed pretty happy with.

If a fairly low budget Koei Tecmo game with serious jank was still able to get that much right, I don't understand what Square/CD were thinking

Even though it's a thoroughly 7/10 game with some truly awful sections, it's amazing how much better MUA3 ended up being as an Avengers Assemble game.

It had all the big characters and fan favourites, most of the big villains, level theming that went hard into different Marvel franchises, and several different themed expansions that added more characters and content in a way most people seemed pretty happy with.

If a fairly low budget Koei Tecmo game with serious jank was still able to get that much right, I don't understand what Square/CD were thinking
live service blinded them.

I played through Avengers in 2021, the opening part was actually really cool as a Marvel fan. You got to walk around an Avengers themed exhibition with cool Easter eggs and such before the big set piece where everything all kicked off.

As soon as gear started to be introduced it just took a downhill spiral and ended up a generic GaaS brawler with boring ass enemies and it was such a let down after the, what I found to be, hype opening.

Back
Top Bottom