• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data European Monthly Chart Feb 2023 | PS5 (+400% YOY), NSW (-28%), XBS (+13%)

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Console rankings (in terms of sales):
#1- PS5
#2- Switch
#3- Xbox Series X/S

European GSD February 2023 Top 20 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
2FIFA 23 (EA)
3Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
4Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
5NBA 2K23 (2K Games)
6Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
7The Last of Us: Part 2 (Sony)
8God of War Ragnarok (Sony)
9Atomic Heart (Focus Entertainment)
10Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo) *
11Borderlands 3 (2K Games)
12Dead Space (EA)
13Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (Ubisoft)
14It Takes Two (EA)
15Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo) *
16The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
17WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
18Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 (2K Games)
19Gran Turismo 7 (Sony)
20Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Nintendo/Mojang)*
* Digital data unavailable

Notables:
  • Game sales in February across Europe are down 10% compared with last February, with 12.9 million games sold.
  • The decline in game sales is due to fewer releases in February than the year before, which saw multiple big new titles including Elden Ring, Horizon: Forbidden West, Dying Light 2 and Total War: Warhammer 3. There was also strong second month sales for Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
  • Elsewhere, The Last of Us Part 2 and The Last of Us Remastered both jumped up the charts, boosted by the HBO TV series based on the games. Part 2 sales were up 317% over February last year, while Remastered sales are up 285%.
  • In terms of consoles, PS5 saw a huge spike in sales across Europe last month, with sales up five times over February last year. The start of last year was extremely slow for PS5, due to severe stock shortages worldwide.
  • Over in accessories, 1.27 million items were sold across European markets last month, a slight drop of 0.2%. This area has been boosted by the console market, with the PS5 DualSense controller continuing to see strong sales.

Special Thanks to Install Base for providing the information: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...rts-february-2023-ps5-400-nsw-28-xbs-13.1430/

Last edited:
Ok, so we are going to try this again. As per the previous staff post, we are not entertaining any serious discussion about Hogwarts Legacy. This was decided on a long time ago by the community.

Obviously it is no secret that the game is doing very well in terms of sales so it will likely be at the top of most sales charts for the foreseeable future. We still want to allow sales discussions on this site. It is ok to post a chart that mentions the game, but we are not looking for anything farther than that, especially any discussions that is celebrating the game's success.

Please use this thread to focus on any other aspect of the month of February for European sales.

Last edited:
Hard to believe even when the Switch is down, and Xbox is up, it still is below Switch.

As I said in the previous thread, the PS5 is finally available and the quality titles are coming in steadily. And hey there's not much of a downside in leaving behind your old console for the new one.

As for Switch, well we're near the end. At this point there's not much to do but wait for what comes next. Breath of the Wild and Mario Movie will be BIG pushers of new Switch sales, but it seems like that's about it when it comes to this year as far as "mainstream". Really, I don't care, give me more years like 2022 frankly where we just get solid quality title after quality.

The only thing that really surprises me on this list is how the hell is Borderlands 3 in at #11? The rest of the list is either newer-ish games, sports titles, GOTY winners/big AAA prestige games, or just general evergreen titles. Borderlands 3 fits none of those (as far as I knew)

The Last of Us show is still keeping the old software in the sales chart (I guess remastered is new but you get the idea). Amazing what it’s doing for the series (watching the most recent episode tonight @Josh5890, then will comment in the thread). I’m sure the Mario Movie will drive those titles up the list as well.

Back
Top Bottom