• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Escape Goat, a classic XBLIG puzzle platformer, is now on Switch.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
XBLIG = Xbox Live Indie Games, an old xbox 360 service that shut down in 2017.

ported by Adam Spragg, who worked on the similarly beloved XBLIG title Hidden in Plain Sight.

If you'd like to try a demo of it, there's an old HTML5 one that still works to this day.
There was also a sequel at some point, but the fact that it was published by Double Fine (This was before they were bought by Microsoft.) leads me to believe there would be issues in porting it to other platforms. So it's currently locked to PC and PS4 for now.

I really like the look of this one, @Krvavi Abadas. Thanks for posting it. I was concerned the goat would have some kind of disturbing visual effect when he loses a life but it looks like that's not the case. It's a mere $5, too. Has anyone here played it and enjoyed it?

I really like the look of this one, @Krvavi Abadas. Thanks for posting it. I was concerned the goat would have some kind of disturbing visual effect when he loses a life but it looks like that's not the case. It's a mere $5, too. Has anyone here played it and enjoyed it?

Yeah, I played it on Steam years ago (looks like 2014) and enjoyed it. It's pretty short, looks like I finished it (everything aside from the speed run achievement) in a little under 2 hours. It's a fun game though.

Neat, thanks for the impressions. I'll grab it and play it on a rainy day.

I really like the look of this one, @Krvavi Abadas. Thanks for posting it. I was concerned the goat would have some kind of disturbing visual effect when he loses a life but it looks like that's not the case.

uhh, yeah.
it's an E-rated game, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

the developer also, prior to making his own games, did some highly atmospheric soundtracks for various GBA and DS games based off kids properties.

only tangentially related, but it's still an interesting fact.

Thanks @Krvavi Abadas! I realized that may have sounded like an odd concern but there are a lot of indie games that add blood effects for the sake of it so I wanted to make sure this wasn't one of those. Just not my thing. Those soundtracks are great though, thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom