• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews Endless Ocean review thread

Yeah.

These games have alwasy reviewed like shit.

And the series start with capcom was even worse.

Gamers don’t liek swimming and looking at fish.

If you were considering your purchase again, you’ll still like this one if you liked the last ones.
I really liked the adventure story in the last game with interesting objectives. This game has nothing of that. It looks and appears much more low budget than the last game.

Last edited:
subnautica mogs this whole franchise it's not even funny

and the fact it's also on switch....
“Animal crossing has nothing on dark souls.

You can’t even dodge roll in animal crossing it’s a game for losers.”

- what you sound like right now

I really liked the adventure story in the last game with interesting objectives. This game has nothing of that. It looks and appears much more low budget than the last game.
The budget is probably bigger for this game compared to the Wii games if anything. The story in this game just doesn’t serve the same purpose as it did in the originals; instead the focus is on the online mode, which is far more sophisticated than the online features in the Wii games. It’s not a matter of this game having less than past games, but rather being different from past games.

If the main reason you liked the Wii games is for the story, then sure, you may be kinda disappointed with Luminous in that regard, but it’s still very much in the same spirit as the Wii games when it comes to gameplay, just with a shift in focus.

don't wanna sound like a defender but I was hyped for the game and I never expected it to review any higher than a 70 average. These reviews won't detour because these type of games never review well (subnautica an abzu are not the same type of games as endless ocean i've tried both and didnt like them)

For what it's worth, did a quick dive (lol) before having to go do something else. The online portion is very fun. Met a Japanese player and a guy named Nick. The Japanese player saluted me lol.

Had a chance to sit down with this for a few hours last night and I was captivated the whole time while exploring. Maybe I just got cooler seeds than the reviewers? I had one with a big section in the middle with ruins and a bunch of prehistoric creatures.

Now, I am not sure if that same sense of exploration will remain after a few different maps. Perhaps that is where it will start getting same-y. I am planning to try the online this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom