• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Elmo vs Rocco. Where do you stand?

Who do you stand with?

• I stand with Elmo. Rocco's not alive!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • I stand with Rocco. He's the most amazing rock in the world!

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
In case you missed it, videos are resurfacing of beloved Sesame Street monster Elmo, and his ongoing feud with Rocco, the pet rock of his friend Zoe.

It started with this tweet:

But Elmo's frustrations with Rocco seem to go well beyond this incident

Recently, Elmo had this to say on the issue:

So, with all the weirdness on Sesame Street, should Elmo just roll with it and accept Rocco? Is Zoe enacting the longest term troll of all time? And HOW CAN ROCCO EAT A COOKIE WITHOUT A MOUTH!?

Last edited:
PBS should run a pledge drive where people can vote for who should win with each dollar equaling one vote. If they act fast they can secure funding for like a decade tbh

As for who is right: it’s Elmo. Rocco is a rock. He can’t eat.

Children refusing to "yes and" will always be funny. I'm Team Elmo, because I too do not play around with cookies, especially oatmeal raisin!

It's so wild seeing this go viral and people discovering this, when its the exact era of Sesame Street I grew up on. I used to love the Elmo v Rocco dynamic.

I'm firmly team Elmo. Rocco ain't shit.

PBS should run a pledge drive where people can vote for who should win with each dollar equaling one vote. If they act fast they can secure funding for like a decade tbh

As for who is right: it’s Elmo. Rocco is a rock. He can’t eat.
This idea is actually genius.

Team Elmo all the way.

It's so wild seeing this go viral and people discovering this, when its the exact era of Sesame Street I grew up on. I used to love the Elmo v Rocco dynamic.
I don't recall watching the show when the Rocco and Elmo feud began. According to the wiki it was 1999 when the ep aired introducing Rocco.

I don't recall watching the show when the Rocco and Elmo feud began. According to the wiki it was 1999 when the ep aired introducing Rocco.

Yeah, he debuted in 99, and then the ongoing gag ran throughout the early 2000s. Apparently the viral clip is from 2004 which seems right.

I feel like people fueling this "feud" are missing the point that Elmo and Zoe are literally very young children. Elmo, for one, is roughly about three and a half years old.

Kids around that age can very easily form attachments to inanimate objects, and there's nothing particularly offputting about Rocco.
So obviously Elmo is in the wrong here, acting particularly aggressive to one of his friends over something that she'll grow out of fairly soon.

I feel like people fueling this "feud" are missing the point that Elmo and Zoe are literally very young children. Elmo, for one, is roughly about three and a half years old.

Kids around that age can very easily form attachments to inanimate objects, and there's nothing particularly offputting about Rocco.
So obviously Elmo is in the wrong here, acting particularly aggressive to one of his friends over something that she'll grow out of fairly soon.

Unless she gonna grow out of it in time for Elmo to eat that cookie that she is demanding he cannot have because a rock wants it, I still choose violence.

Gotta give it to Rocco. Not even alive and it gets so much rent-free headspace within Elmo. Must be doing something right.

Back
Top Bottom