• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion ElAnalistaDeBits - Mortal Kombat 1 | Switch - Steam Deck - Xbox Series S - PS5 | Graphics Comparison

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
This comparison is focused on showing the differences of the Switch version.

Xbox Series S: Dynamic 1440p/60fps (Common 1152~1080p)
Steam Deck: 800p FSR2 Quality | Low Settings
Nintendo Switch: Dynamic 900p/~60fps (Common 720-640p) | Handheld Dynamic 720p (Common 480p)
PS5: Dynamic 2160p/60fps (Common 1800~1728p)

• The consoles have a single display mode in Mortal Kombat 1 at 60fps with dynamic resolution and FSR.
  • Xbox Series S has some minor cuts in some settings like terrain geometry, post processing effects, ncps density, textures or shadows with respect to PS5/XSX.
  • Nintendo Switch has cutbacks in all visual aspects. Textures, geometry, lighting, animations, post-processing effects... etc.
  • Framerate capped at 60fps on all platforms. Ingame cinematics, menus and special movements are framerate capped at 30fps.
  • Switch aims to reach 60fps during combat, but it's a bit unstable.
  • Steam Deck fails to reach 60fps even at the lowest settings. Therefore, I would recommend locking the refresh rate to 40hz on low or 30hz on Medium.
  • The wait times to start fights on Switch are somewhat tedious at times.
  • Overall, the gameplay experience is good on all platforms. However, if you have the opportunity to choose the Xbox Series, PS5 or PC version, I recommend these.

Screenshot-2023-09-17-012918.jpg

LOL @ the Johnny cage picture. I was watching SwitchUp's performance review and it actually seemed ok.

Also after NoMansSky, i wonder if they can get FSR2 on this game. Could lead to a locked 60 with slight improvement to visual detail and an overall imprvement to visual quality.

Well, duh. It was always gonna be heavily comprised. It's not even a miracle port from a generation above, it's a port from TWO generation ahead.

Looks ok for me. Cannot wait to sink another 120 hours into this.

Honestly not that bad.. decent for what it is even.

I heard it was dreadful, but this looks better than the last one I think.

All things considered, Switch isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I’m hoping this gets a release on the successor, taking advantage of the new hardware.I fully expect it will.

I might have to double check but I don’t remember the Mortal Kombat 11 Switch port messing that much with animations and face expressions 🤔 graphics were heavily downgraded but characters didn’t seem that robotic. Will be more noticeable during cutscenes than during actual gameplay though

I sure do hope a lot of these more demanding Switch games (I.E. MK11/1, Outer Worlds, Witcher 3, HW AoC) get updated on Switch 2.

Yeah there had to be compromises, still interestign the actually managed to do somehting decent
Also that comparison image lol, really it's the eyes that kill me

it's a technically impressive port considering the restraints. inconsistent framerrate is a killer though for a fighting game, although not like tourneys would ever be using the switch version so doesn't matter much

Lots of memes about the switch version on the Internet but they seem to be based on the game without a patch cuz it don't seem to be that bad based on the videos I'm seeing

Some of these shots are comedy gold. Maybe they should have waited for Switch 2.

Lots of memes about the switch version on the Internet but they seem to be based on the game without a patch cuz it don't seem to be that bad based on the videos I'm seeing
Yes, all of the memes are trolls using the game without the patch

Back
Top Bottom