• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews EDGE Magazine #389 review scores - Baldur's Gate 3, Blasphemous 2, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, and more

Officer @Aurc dragging me into Sonyland

"For your crimes of loving Sunshine and criticizing Pikmid 4, you will be punished"

"Officer, NO! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY MOVIE GAMES!"

"Then you'll have to pay the fine..."

"Please sir, I'LL DO ANYTHING"

"$70"
kentucky-fried-movie-take-him-to-detroit.gif

One is an open world action game with rpg elements and the other is a DnD-inspired command based strategy game. We are at a stage in gaming where games have so many elements of different genres and sub-genres within them that you can make an argument that nearly any two games can be compared, but for me the two games play nothing alike and there is no grounds for comparison other than the timing of their release.

Todd Howard himself calls the game an RPG so I don't know where you got that idea from.

Still disappointed Act 3 of Baldurs Gate 3 was so broken for me. Entire companion sidequests getting broken, entire cutscenes being skipped during important fights, etc.

Claiming Starfield is an action game and not an RPG may be up there with some of the strangest takes I’ve ever heard.
Call Starfield whatever you like, but it plays absolutely nothing like BG3 which was the point.

Also, that's not what I was lol'ing at ;)

Call Starfield whatever you like, but it plays absolutely nothing like BG3 which was the point.

Also, that's not what I was lol'ing at ;)

Except the article isn't about how they play. It's mostly centered on quest design and the role playing elements which I think is fair game since both games present themselves as RPGs centered around player choice and freedom.

Except the article isn't about how they play. It's mostly centered on quest design and the role playing elements which I think is fair game since both games present themselves as RPGs centered around player choice and freedom.
Well... I suppose you can justify that most anything is fair-play. Like... I could write an article saying that Genshin Impact ruined Fortnite for me because they're both f2p games. It's a pretty stupid article that I wouldn't write but I could make that justification because on some level virtually all games have some kind of commonality that can be compared.

I'm just saying that in using my better judgement... with Starfield being ground-zero for console wars right now, I would personally consider it selling out to write an inflammatory article like that with hyperbolic statements like X game that bares little resemblance to Y game RUINED Y game for me. Even if I have similar sentiments myself, I'm not going to write an article about it. It's grasping at some kind of commonality to compare two games that really shouldn't be compared just for the sake of making a comparison/really looking like hunting for clicks let's be honest, which I wouldn't personally do because I feel it's my duty to uphold some sort of standard of integrity.

That's just my opinion anyhow, so I politely agree to disagree with anyone who sees things otherwise.

I could write an article saying that Genshin Impact ruined Fortnite for me because they're both f2p games. It's a pretty stupid article that I wouldn't write
I don't know why you keep mentioning what you would or would write. You don't have authority over a writer just because you used to be a game journalist.

If the article was "Tears of the Kingdom ruined other open world games for me" you wouldn't bat an eye.

I don't know why you keep mentioning what you would or would write. You don't have authority over a writer just because you used to be a game journalist.

If the article was "Tears of the Kingdom ruined other open world games for me" you wouldn't bat an eye.

Can you please quote the part of my post where I ever claimed to have authority over anyone?

You had no problem chopping up the rest of my quote and it's poor form to do so. If you're going to quote me from here on out please quote my post in its entirely if you want a response... but I guess this is a step from that last thread where you were outright making up fake quotes that I said (didn't say).

Also, how many times do I have to say IMO, in my opinion, in my view or politely agree to disagree with people in this thread? I'm just giving my opinion about what the author here is choosing to write about (like you're doing here), and I think it's obvious console wars bait.

It is what it is... you're free to disagree.

I think any article that starts with Y game ruined Z game for me is lame, but I wouldn't mention it if someone said Red Dead 2/GTAV ect. ruined open world gaming for me (them), because 3D open world games play in a way where there is grounds for comparison, while BG3 and Starfield do not.

Again, this is you projecting some fake news about me based on a what if scenario you constructed in your head... aka a classic strawman (n)

Last edited:
How did I know this thread was going to be fixated on BG3 getting a 10

Sorry gamers, but a "perfect score" doesn't mean and has never meant a "perfect game". Serious issues, including bugs, can exist with the author still concluding the game is exceptional, a masterpiece, etc, and worthy of the score

EDIT: Did not realize I bumepd a week-old thread to post this but I stand by it lmao

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom