• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews EDGE Magazine #385 review scores - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Redfall, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and more

mazi

picross pundit
fwzxeuswaaidln_41ffu.jpeg

Reviews:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 10
Redfall - 6
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 8
Humanity - 9
Planet of Lana - 9
Darkest Dungeon II - 9
The Last Case of Benedict Fox - 5
Minecraft Legends - 4
Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - 6
Mr. Sun's Hatbox - 7
Tron: Identity - 7

Cover - Fort Solis
Hype - Post Trauma, Anger Foot, Silica, Astronaut: The Best, The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood, Nighthawks
Hype Roundup - Harmony: The Fall of Reverie, Immortals of Aveum, Underground Blossom, Karmazoo, Pâquerette Down the Bunburrows
Studio Profile - League of Geeks
The Making of - Card Shark
Time Extend - Pathologic 2
The Long Game - Ghostwire: Tokyo

Last edited:
A 10 from Edge for TotK is like getting a 12 from any other reviewer :p

Oof at the Benedict Fox review, that game had tickled my fancy when it was revealed had been meaning to play it on gp. To see it below redfall is a big yikes.

• zelda is now tied with mario as the franchise with the most perfect scores (4)
  • this is the third time that a game and its direct sequel both get perfect scores (mario galaxy 1&2, bayonetta 1&2, botw and totk) or fourth if you consider gta5 a direct sequel to gta4?

Last edited:
That should at the very least cement the 96 meta for TotK

Planet of Lana has intrigued me, good to see it score well - I will finally play a gamepass game again

Holy shit I was so focused on TotK that I missed that.

Horizon: Burning Scores.

(I am sorry, but the joke was so obvious, i had to make it).

But for real, i can't imagine it's as "bad"/just as good as Redfall. Even if it's just a DLC episode.

Playing TOTK just reminds me why I found it so hard to get into Horizon (finished it and enjoyed it), but traversal made Forbidden West such a chore, and the gameplay loop felt so clunky.

TOTK is as perfect as games get nowadays.

I haven’t heard much about Minecraft Legends but that’s an interesting score

Horizon: Burning Scores.

(I am sorry, but the joke was so obvious, i had to make it).

But for real, i can't imagine it's as "bad"/just as good as Redfall. Even if it's just a DLC episode.
I'm sure it doesn't help that it can be compared to the Xenoblade 3 dlc episode which has gotten rave reviews in a similar open world type game.

Darkest Dungeon II Switch port cannot come any sooner! Maybe in the next Indie World?

Too bad Sony has timed exclusivity over Humanity...

Minecraft Legends with a 4 it deserves. My neph and niece were disappointed in me buying it for them.
So you became the relative who bought a bad game for the "kids" because it had a name that you recognized on it without knowing it was terrible? Big oof

TOTK being a 10 is great but I'm so happy Humanity is being well received (by both Edge and other publications), puzzle games are truly on of the greatest video game genres.

And with Planet of Lana also scoring super well I have one game on each console platform to really get my teeth stuck into this month.

So you became the relative who bought a bad game for the "kids" because it had a name that you recognized on it without knowing it was terrible? Big oof

They loved the original, and I thought the spinoff looked cool. Boy was I wrong

Honestly if Zelda didn't come out last week I would've played Humanity. Looks really quirky and fun for a puzzle-y type game.

Minecraft Legends with a 4 it deserves. My neph and niece were disappointed in me buying it for them.

Haven't played it myself but making an RTS with the Minecraft property was an interesting route to take. Not that I mind the property branching out into other genres but I'm not sure an RTS is what the core demographic is looking for.

Back
Top Bottom