• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews EDGE Magazine #382 review scores - Like a Dragon: Ishin, Hi-Fi Rush, Forspoken, and more

mazi

picross pundit
fpo-7koxwaa0okv3ue9g.jpeg

Reviews:
Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 7
Hi-Fi Rush - 7
Forspoken - 6
Wanted: Dead - 4
Deliver Us Mars - 7
Dead Space - 8
The Pale Beyound - 8
Valiant Hearts: Coming Home - 7
A Space for the Unbound - 8
Akka Arrh - 8
Birth - 8

Cover - C-Smash VRS
Hype - SteamWorld Build, Skate Story, The Last Case of Benedict Fox, Pacific Drive, Lightyear Frontier, Tin Hearts, Arctic Awakening
Hype Roundup - Forza Motorsport, Road 96: Mile 0, Minecraft Legends, Everspace 2, Shadows of Doubt
Studio Profile - Wadjet Eye Games
The Making of - We Are OFK
Time Extend - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
The Long Game - Bonfire Peaks: Lost Memories

Last edited:
I didn't even know Valiant Hearts got a sequel, that's amazing (it's only available for mobile, so that may be why). Hopefully something similar happens with Child of Light someday.

Ooh I hadn't heard of the Pale Beyond. Seems cool. Inspired, I think, by the the voyage of the Karluk, which I've been meaning to learn more about. Game doesn't look like my usual jam but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Came here to say the same thing. I know Edge review low, but 7 feels harsh.
Im looking forward to reading it when the issue arrives on my iPad. Even if I disagree with the scores, I enjoy reading the reviews which is why I subscribe to EDGE in the first place.

Playing through Dead Space for the first time myself, 8 feels just about right, though I wouldn't be sad if they put it a little lower. Very well made, but way, way more of an action game than it is a horror game, and lacks a certain pop as an action game

Oh wow. I guess I have to buy that Indonesian game, Unbound. Praise for it on the net is insane. Didn'T expect that when it got revealed on Indie World.

Im looking forward to reading it when the issue arrives on my iPad. Even if I disagree with the scores, I enjoy reading the reviews which is why I subscribe to EDGE in the first place.
Yeah, Edge and Retro Gamer are such good quality that they are the only magazines I still buy when I see them.

Is it worth subscribing? I'm already a physical magazine guy, but it's a kinda big investment for each magazine. Or at least feels like it to me.

Nobody writes game reviews better than EDGE, imo.

Is it worth subscribing? I'm already a physical magazine guy, but it's a kinda big investment for each magazine. Or at least feels like it to me.

If you’re in America and happy to read through an app then Libby has it available for free. You just use your library card.

Last edited:
If you’re in America and happy to read through an app then Libby has it available for free. You just use your library card.

Hm, I don't see it in the app, but my library seems to have a magazine specific app called Flipster or something like that. I can check that out.

See, when Edge gives a 7, I believe them. They aren't contrarian. They are consistent with good reasoning and have never waivered for years from this same philosophy. And they're willing to go against the grain either way--a game score lowly and they think is more deserving, and vice versa.

Definitely should. I love the DualSense features they use.
I know this is off-topic but it's wild to me that it's 2023 and I've never even held a DualSense. It seems really neat and something kind of beyond words that you need to really try! Around when the PS5 launched I hunted around for a little bit before throwing in the towel. Five stores' mailing lists have emailed me in the past few days to say, "Hey! We have PS5s!" And now I don't have the $729 CAD to spare 😄

I know this is off-topic but it's wild to me that it's 2023 and I've never even held a DualSense. It seems really neat and something kind of beyond words that you need to really try! Around when the PS5 launched I hunted around for a little bit before throwing in the towel. Five stores' mailing lists have emailed me in the past few days to say, "Hey! We have PS5s!" And now I don't have the $729 CAD to spare 😄
I bought the controller before I had the console for using with Steam and iPad. Love it (barring battery life :censored:)

Back
Top Bottom