• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews EDGE Magazine #365 review scores - Metroid Dread, The Good Life, Unpacking, and more

mazi

picross pundit
fdwax2zwyaadwa13zkdia7jyn.jpeg

Reviews:
Metroid Dread - 8
Far Cry 6 - 5
Back 4 Blood - 6
Lemnis Gate - 8
Lost Judgment - 7
Inscryption - 7
The Good Life - 5
Mon Amour - 7
ElecHead - 8
Unpacking - 8
Beast Breaker - 5

Cover - Stray
Hype - The Gunk, Oxenfree II: Last Signals, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, A Memoir Blue, Midautumn, Frank and Drake, Backbeat
Studio Profile: 10tons
The Making of - Frostpunk
Time Extend - Genshin Impact
The Long Game - Outer Wilds

Last edited:
An 8 for Metroid is what I expected from EDGE and and something I would have given, if I had to choose between an 8 and a 9.

I still haven't received issue 364 ☹️. The delivery is usually late, but not this late. Anyway, excited to read the reviews for Mon Amour, Metroid and The Good Life.

Also, what's ElecBeat, I didn't find anything with even Google?

Four 8's were handed out. Am I supposed to believe there were 4 games as good as Dread this month? This game deserved better. I'm not being ironic because 89 is a great score, it's just not good enough for one of the best games ever is all.

These scores will age poorly. The best Metroid is no 89.

Good scores for Unpacking and Metroid Dread.
I still haven't received issue 364 ☹️. The delivery is usually late, but not this late. Anyway, excited to read the reviews for Mon Amour, Metroid and The Good Life.

Also, what's ElecBeat, I didn't find anything with even Google?
I think it should be ElecHead rather than ElecBeat

On a more serious note: yeah, I think from what I've played of Dread so far, an 8 is absolutely fair, and coming from Edge it's more than a decent score, that's for sure.

A 7 for lost judgement is fair. Sometimes it feels like a 10, sometimes like a 5 (the robot club was such a chore). It's really uneven.

Four 8's were handed out. Am I supposed to believe there were 4 games as good as Dread this month? This game deserved better. I'm not being ironic because 89 is a great score, it's just not good enough for one of the best games ever is all.

How about not trying to compare games reviewd by entirely different people and that are in itself different?
The scores at the end of any review in EDGE are so small, they don't really matter if you ask me.
That is what always rubs me with stupid numbers. Trying to compare them and ignoring/not knowing what was said/written in a review

Have you even played the other games that were scored that way to be able to compare? And anyway, different people likely reviewed all four of those games so whatever they constitute as an '8' will be different from each other anyway

8 for Dread from Edge is actually higher than I would have thought. I had guessed they'd give it a 7.

I'm usually pretty aligned with their opinions on most games, and I guess I'd give it a 7.5 myself and that would round up to 8.

Would’ve loved to see higher for Dread, but an EDGE 8 is great. Many games viewed as some of the best of the Gen get that.

We really gonna start this kind of rhetoric here?

Okay.

I'm not going to keep beating a dead horse.

I think Dread is a 96+ and anyone else who thinks differently is wrong :giggle:

People are welcome to disagree with me.

I'm actually surprised by some of the responses here, because I consider myself quite critical of Dread, but would still give it probably an 8.8 to a 9.0, at the end of the day. I guess other people would score it even lower. The gameplay is pretty much perfect, and my grievances are more down to the shitty OST, lack of additional lore I wanted (what happened to the Etecoons and Dachoras?), lack of post-game unlocks outside of gallery images (some suits would've been nice), plus a couple other things, here and there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom