• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News EA is making 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 new Star Wars games, all of which feature Respawn's involvement.

Which of these will end up being the best game?

• Jedi Fallen Orange Chicken

• The Shootdalorian with fries

• First Order At War (Because they ran out of blue milk)

• Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Star-Wars-Respawn_01-26-22-768x432.jpg

The exclusivity deal ends next year, so they're clearly going wild because of it.

The games are....
Next game in the action adventure Star Wars Jedi series – Game director Stig Asmussen and his team at the studio are already working on the next game in the action adventure Star Wars Jedi series.
Expected, it's been rumoured that it might launch as early as this year.
Star Wars first-person shooter game – Leading the development of Respawn’s all-new Star Wars first-person shooter game is Peter Hirschmann, game director at Respawn, who has a long and accomplished history with the Star Wars franchise.
Respawn was reportedly working on a secret FPS with a similar focus on Mobility and Style as Titanfall, but not part of that universe. I guess that project is going to be about a Mandalorian type character? Maybe even a re-imagining of the cancelled Star Wars 1313?
Star Wars strategy game – The third title is a Star Wars strategy game developed through a production collaboration with the newly formed studio Bit Reactor, helmed by games industry veteran Greg Foerstch. Respawn will produce the new Star Wars strategy game while Bit Reactor leads on the development of the title.
Yes, they're back to doing strategy stuff again. For both EA and Star Wars.

The last non-mobile strategy game using the Star Wars IP was made all the way back in 2006, and was fittingly developed by the same studio that would go on to make those recent Command & Conquer remasters.

Bit Reactor, however. Has it's legacy tied to Firaxis instead. With Greg being the art director behind the highly popular X-Com reboot series.

Ugh. I'm all for licensed games, but c'mon. Where's the new IP's or Titanfall 3?

I guess Respawn is now just the Star Wars Team at EA

Fallen Order apparently was quite good (haven't played it yet, do mean to at some point), and it's probably a good decision to keep the IP under one umbrella as much as possible for coordination purposes. Not a bad sign, I think

You know this news bulletin just hammered home the fact that these days you need to wait at least 3 years for anything to even release. Unless these projects are already in production

Still can't believe EA of all companies keeps managing to get all these exclusive publishing deals
There are Star Wars games under development with other companies as well though, such as Ubisoft (open world/story driven), Quantic Dream (Cage-ian), TT (Lego), and Aspyr (KotOR).

My god, 2023/2024 is going to be full of Star Wars.

You know this news bulletin just hammered home the fact that these days you need to wait at least 3 years for anything to even release. Unless these projects are already in production

Fallen Order's sequel was last stated to be aiming for this year, with an official reveal aimed for as early as this year's May the 4th celebration. Maybe the other two will show up in some capacity, too.

There are Star Wars games under development with other companies as well though, such as Ubisoft (open world/story driven), Quantic Dream (Cage-ian), TT (Lego), and Aspyr (KotOR).

My god, 2023/2024 is going to be full of Star Wars.

After a decade of pretty light content in between Battlefronts, it's actually great to see we're starting to see that again, in my opinion.

Like sure, there was plenty of shovelware to be had back in the "old days". But the sheer variety of great games that were possible because so many publishers and developers had a chance to try their own thing is the very thing I missed most during the "post-Disney buyout" era.

Back
Top Bottom