• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Film Dune (2021) Discussion thread

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since I saw it, it was really cool seeing Villeneuve's take on the voice, Paul's visions, the gom jabbar test, Arrakis, the worms, etc. Rebecca Ferguson was probably my favorite performer, and I was really pulled by in by Zimmer's score. I didn't like the movie as much as Arrival or 2049, but it was still a really cool experience and I can't wait for part 2.

Great news! Although October 2023 seems very ambitious if they truly just got the green light and haven’t started pre-production.

Word on the street is that nearly all of the pre-production was completed for Dune 2 during the making of Part One, and that the creative team was even able to shoot the first 20 minutes or so of Part Two, since they didn't know exactly where they were going to end Part One at first.
I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since I saw it, it was really cool seeing Villeneuve's take on the voice, Paul's visions, the gom jabbar test, Arrakis, the worms, etc. Rebecca Ferguson was probably my favorite performer, and I was really pulled by in by Zimmer's score. I didn't like the movie as much as Arrival or 2049, but it was still a really cool experience and I can't wait for part 2.
This is exactly how I feel about the movie, having seen it once in IMAX, once on HBO Max with subtitles afterward, and going back to see it in IMAX one last time this weekend. Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 have more emotional resonance that sets them apart from Dune for me, but this was still an exquisitely crafted, engrossing movie with good-to-great performances, a godlike score and cinematography, and plenty of masterful world-building to get me excited for the sequel.

I went into the movie not really knowing anything about the series, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I do think it feels more like the first half of a 5 hour film than a standalone 2.5 hour movie, but at least Part 2 is confirmed.

Saw it yesterday after watch the new My Hero Academia movie and loved it. I haven't read the book or watched the 80s movie so this was going in blind for me. I saw it at my local theatres IMAX knock off. It did have Dolby Atmos which was also a first for me. Despite the length it kept me gripped throughout the whole thing. A shame we are gonna have to wait so long for the next but it'll be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom