• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music DragonForce releases Zelda-inspired single “Power of the Triforce”

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
DragonForce (made famous by the inclusion of “Through the Fire and Flames” in Guitar Hero III) has released a new single that’s directly inspired by The Legend of Zelda. I’m a big DragonForce fan, and by their standards I think the song is kinda mid, but it’s cool to see all the references in the lyrics.

Give it a listen and let us know what you think.

Last edited:
DragonForce (made famous by the inclusion of “Through the Fire and Flames” in Guitar Hero III)has released a new single that’s directly inspired by The Legend of Zelda. I’m a big DragonForce fan, and by their standards I think the song is kinda mid, but it’s cool to see all the references in the lyrics.

Give it a listen and let us know what you think.

reminds me of this

it’s so funny every time that pops up attributed to System of a Down

amazing the things you could get away with in the age of Napster

also extremely funny to see Dragonforce listed as “made famous by Guitar Hero III”

also extremely funny to see Dragonforce listed as “made famous by Guitar Hero III”
I’ve been a fan of them ever since Valley of the Damned. I just didn’t know how well-known they are now in 2023 so I thought GH3 would be a good point of reference.

Last edited:
This is absolutely fantastic lol so good.

The Guitar Hero 3 shoutout is actually decent lol I knew who they were before that from reading Kerrang and Metal Hammer and that kind of thing but had never listened to them until it was the song to pull off in GH3, that was definitely a moment for them

Video not available
This video is not available

Gee, thanks, YouTube!

Edit: I assumed this was a copyrights related "this video is not available in your country" kind of deal, but oddly enough the upload on their channel works just fine for me when I search for it via YouTube itself, so idk.

Not familiar with their other work, but this is pretty cool.

Last edited:
"made famous by the inclusion of “Through the Fire and Flames” in Guitar Hero III"

Isn't Dragon Force one of the best known power metal bands? Not a fan of the genre, but kinda funny that it's described like this.

"made famous by the inclusion of “Through the Fire and Flames” in Guitar Hero III"

Isn't Dragon Force one of the best known power metal bands? Not a fan of the genre, but kinda funny that it's described like this.
Yes they are, no doubt. But power metal is a niche genre. And we’ve got folks in this very thread who had either never heard of them, or had never heard any of their stuff. I’d bet that if you asked a good number of people who DragonForce is, if they’ve heard of them at all, they’ll say “that band from Guitar Hero, right?”.

+1 to only hearing about DragonForce through the Guitar Hero III song lol.

I can't distinguish a mid DragonForce song from an above average DragonForce song, but it's endearing to see they put the same amount of care in their full lyrics as they do into their 10 minute parodies.

They're geeks for missing the easy Ghouls 'n Ghost name drop as a hidden bonus reference in their Zelda song, though. Geeks, not nerds.

Haven't really listened to them much, but I found this song a lot of fun, so I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom