• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake new trailer, coming to PC and consoles on November 14th, Dragon Quest I&II HD-2D Remake coming 2025

HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Looks great, couldn’t get into the mobile version of 3 so I’m interested in seeing if this is more my thing.

I wish 1 and 2 were included but I’m so happy to see they exist and will be bundled together later. I don’t see DQ2 selling by itself lol.

I was already looking forward to the 3rd part, but I like getting parts 1 and 2 as well. These will be my first walkthroughs of these games.(y)

The trilogy is actually real!! When the trailer appeared to end and that pause occurred... here comes the theme and the pan over to the right showing artwork for the first 2 games, I nearly lost my shit. So looking forward to this.

Sounds like people played this at SGF:

Some things from this preview by Roger that surprised me were the new music arrangements, voice acting, and map marker that can show you where you need to progress (that can be disabled). I really need that last one because I kept getting lost in DQIII.

Sad they didn't have Toriyama art, but I'm happy it's all 3 games. Now just give me a collector's edition, I'll pay top price for it!!

You must be new to the series.
I have only played the DQ games that have 3rd person combat, I can't stand these types of games in first person. So DQ8, DQ9 and DQ11

I'm a bit disappointed with this. They changed the style of how it looked when it was first revealed.

Now it looks more 3D than HD2D.

cJb9Nox.jpeg

So, that person who shouldn't be named was kinda right? Still don't trust them.

Anyway, can't way to play it and I hope the DQI&II remakes offer enough gameplay improvements (like more party members).

So, that person who shouldn't be named was kinda right? Still don't trust them.

Anyway, can't way to play it and I hope the DQI&II remakes offer enough gameplay improvements (like more party members).
To be fair, we already knew about it cause Horii spilled the beans back when DQ3 HD-2D was announced, during a livestream lmao.

"Actually, we made something really cool with 1&2 too, can't wait for you to see it !" or something along those lines.

The question was weither it would be all in the same game or not, and Midori said it would, so he was wrong.

$200 collector's edition is up, if you have the gil.

DQ3_CE_Beautyshot_EN_ESRB_1200x1200_v03__07586.1718721265.jpg

Hnnnnnng i want this. But it's so expensive ... and SQEX store only ...

I'm a bit disappointed with this. They changed the style of how it looked when it was first revealed.

Now it looks more 3D than HD2D.

cJb9Nox.jpeg
You are right, I did find that it looked weird here and I didn't have this feeling for the original reveal. A bit disappointing yeah.

Very excited for November! Glad to see we're getting I & II sooner or later.

1. DQ3 HD's art style looks unreal, one of the best looking games I've ever seen.
2. Not a fan of DQ1+2 being a separate remake, they aren't very good.

Special edition looks to be not worth it in the least.

Switch at launch and then PS5 version later on when it is on sale probably to play again for trophies

I think the game looks better than most HD2D because they toned down the pixilated/sprite aspect for the background.

Also expecting 1 ans 2 as dlc given how they are using that trilogy logo. They won't be a separate release imo

I think the game looks better than most HD2D because they toned down the pixilated/sprite aspect for the background.

Also expecting 1 ans 2 as dlc given how they are using that trilogy logo. They won't be a separate release imo
They absolutely will be. There is no reason for them to limit their audience, when the games are totally separate anyway. There are people who only want the remake of I and II (even in this thread).

I think the game looks gorgeous but I also feel like people are getting fooled by the trailer.

Feels to me like this is way more Octopath than SO2/Eiyuden in presentation? All of the more 3Dish sections seem to be cutscenes, whereas if you look at "raw" gameplay (such as traversing a dungeon) it appears to be pretty "standard" HD-2D stuff.

Maybe DQIII also has less blocky geometry but it's not like OT2 didn't have sweeping shots of environments.

It seems like a samurai to me (the helmet on the male model) or maybe something like vagrant
yeah, I can see it, now that I think about it if it was a Viking class I feel the female version would also have had the horn helmet and I feel like they would have added more pelts/fur clothing in the design.

It fucking hurts seeing a DQ cover without art by Toriyama.

Rest in peace, sensei.

Gil?! Wrong currency my friend!

I would pay up if this had stuff like an artbook, steelbook, physical posters etc. I really don't care for those acrylic blocks. The storage box is gorgeous, but not worth that much money.

I totally missed that, maybe something like a Viking class?

It seems like a samurai to me (the helmet on the male model) or maybe something like vagrant

yeah, I can see it, now that I think about it if it was a Viking class I feel the female version would also have had the horn helmet and I feel like they would have added more pelts/fur clothing in the design.
It looks exactly the same as the Monster Master design from DQX.

So speaking as someone who has never played the original 3 games, I should wait for DQ 1/2 remakes and play those first?
The reveal that I'm talking about is that DQIII is a prequel to DQI. The marketing for this entire thing has not exactly been coy about it.

So speaking as someone who has never played the original 3 games, I should wait for DQ 1/2 remakes and play those first?
No, you won't gain anything by waiting. The biggest "twist" of doing so is realising that DQIII is a prequel to I & II. But that's general knowledge nowadays.

I'd say to just play 3 first if you were planning to anyway. But if you're not planning to play it as soon as it releases, then starting with either games is fine I guess.

I really wish SQEX or Nintendo would localize or publish this game for the west!!!

I appreciate you posting this thank you.
I'd go crazy if they did localise it, but I doubt it will ever happen. You can learn Japanese faster than it would take them to release it here (which is what I'm doing!)

You're welcome! I didn't discover the similarities myself, I read someone saying the new vocation is the Monster Master and searched it up.

A yes missed that. So yeah, monters!
Makes me think there is a chance we'll get recruitable monsters in some form. Or it will only be the ability to use monster abilities... Who knows!

If you're fine with 1 and 2 being mechanically more simple than 3, just play 3 first.

Makes me think there is a chance we'll get recruitable monsters in some form. Or it will only be the ability to use monster abilities... Who knows!
I can see something similar to V

Hopefully the expand the monster rooster since 3 didn't had much variety because of memory limitation at the time

I can see something similar to V

Hopefully the expand the monster rooster since 3 didn't had much variety because of memory limitation at the time
I suspect they will add stuff from later entries, like monsters, spells etc. Because we know they're adding stuff like this new vocation and the new story scenarios.

I expect them to expand and rebalance the vocations and their abilities as well.

Back
Top Bottom