• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Dragon Quest Day Speculation Thread - May 27, 2024

I think hearing nothing about 3 Remake because it will get shown in next months direct is a possibility that can’t be ruled out. For 12, I don’t expect to see anything until next year.

I think hearing nothing about 3 Remake because it will get shown in next months direct is a possibility that can’t be ruled out.
I think if that's the case, they'll still put out a statement like "Development is progressing well, and we'll have more to share in the near future."

Maybe I'm wrong, but IIRC they don't usually do a whole lot for DQ day other than some mobile game announcements and whatnot, right? They did that big live event a few years ago but that was the exception rather than the rule. I would more expect to hear the big stuff during all the June events this year.

If a stream was happening, we would already know by now.

I think the DQ team is still regrouping after Toriyama's passing. It probably affected them even more than Sugiyama's.

now realizing there was no stream announced makes me concerned we will get exactly nothing...

please please please say something substantial!

Wait, what? I've heard nothing but praise for Dragon Quest X so far.
It drags and drags and drags and has no satisfying plot points at all, and no well written characters either. The music is poor too. I spent more than 30 hours and when I saw I was nowhere near even 20% done I bailed, couldn’t tell you one character’s name or story event. The two others I was playing with both quit around 20 hours with the same feelings. DQ is a great series but X Offline is just baaaad.

Please, spend the resources on anything but localising it.

I think they'll stay "silent" this year considering Toriyama's passing.

I expect a tweet, a message from Hori and that's it.

Considering the restructuring that just took place with Dragon Quest teams earlier this year, it’s entirely possible there is no actual news at the time.

Back
Top Bottom