• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon Ball Daima |ST| DragonBabyZ

merp

Darknut
Pronouns
He/him
maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, I like how we didn't even know it was a younger Goku in this picture until recently; seriously, it reminds me of the lead-up to the Broly movie way back when (feels like ages ago).

Anyway, here's the trailer (obligatory, I guess, in case you haven't seen it yet):

Anyway, we... err, don't have any news!

Cricket, cricket.

So until we get some, come up with an ST sub-title for me.

kthnxbai

More Dragon Ball = I will be there

It's an interesting concept. I haven't read the manga so I don't know what we're missing with the continuing Super arcs, but Daima feels like Toriyama is just having fun with it. It looks like it'll be a chill slice of life adventure with these characters we all love, so I'm all for it.

I'm really curious to learn more. Will this just be a quick 12-24 episode thing, or are we in it for the long haul?
Hopefully it doesnt take as long to dub as Super did either. It was like 2 years!

I honestly would be surprised if it was only a short 12/24 episodes fare, Dragon Ball usually gets more episodes, even if it's something weird like Super Dragon Ball Heroes (admittedly a web series though) and Toei also doesn't really do those short animes, I think?

I honestly would be surprised if it was only a short 12/24 episodes fare, Dragon Ball usually gets more episodes, even if it's something weird like Super Dragon Ball Heroes (admittedly a web series though) and Toei also doesn't really do those short animes, I think?
I feel like this is a movie idea that turned into a series... so could see it being a shorter run series (especially given Toriyama is writing/closely involved)

ST title wise... idk "it means something like evil" given thats about all we know about it lol - Dragonball Babies maybe haha since they get turned into kids...

DB Babies, They Make Their Wishes Come True

Still think the concept is dumb (like making Goku a kid in GT was dumb), and it's not really what I want, but I'll give it a chance.

Okay, unless there are any other takers...

I guess I'll put in the sub-title after dinner or something.

I’m not thrilled at all with making the characters kids. There’s a chance ai end up skipping this show if I’m being honest.
Yeah I'm a little iffy about it, too. If Toriyama weren't involved I'd probably be out. But at least the animation looks great! Silver linings 😅

At first I wasn't super thrilled about the premise but the more I thought about it, my stance is basically: GT's problem, imho, wasn't so much that the premise was fundamentally bad but more that it was poorly executed. So if Toriyama is actually involved this time, there's a good chance this will at least be a fun romp.

At first I wasn't super thrilled about the premise but the more I thought about it, my stance is basically: GT's problem, imho, wasn't so much that the premise was fundamentally bad but more that it was poorly executed. So if Toriyama is actually involved this time, there's a good chance this will at least be a fun romp.
Y E S

Sooooo...

Yeah...

...What do you all expect after 2023 ends from the Dragon Ball Daima series?

Also, this is basically the Dragon Ball thread in general, or should be.

Think of the Dragon Ball Super STs back at ResetEra.

I like how everybody looks fairly like they've been looking in Super... and then there's Satan :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom