• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Does Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed have the most epic scene/moment in video games?

?

• Total voters

LitKai

Tektite
Banned
Pronouns
Hmmm
I have played and watched many games and the final battle scene of Xenoblade 3 FR is for me the most epic among all the games.

I have to say that I don't like (at all) Xenoblade 3 and I haven't played it, but I watched the whole game on YouTube and the same with Future Redeemed. I was one of the people who had the most hype for Xenoblade 3, I thought about it every day (even before it was announced) and I still think about Xenoblade 3 every day (and the other Xenoblade games as well). In the end I decided not to buy it because I don't like many things about it.

Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 are my favorite games. I have 250 hours on Xenoblade DE and almost 500 on Xenoblade 2 (only 1 playthrough in both) but Xenoblade 3 is for me the best Xenoblade; it's the best visually, has the best music and the best moments in the series. And Future Redeemed is even better. The ending theme of FR is the best one.

I can count 6 or 7 epic moments in Future Redeemed and the scene with the sword is for me the most epic in video games. I'm excited about Monolith Soft's future games.

P.S. For the best experience, play the games in Japanese because that's how Takahashi intended the characters to sound. Always play with the original voices.

No, not really? Even just restricting to the xenoblade series, I think it's pretty middle of the road as 'epic moments' go. Is there a specific part of the battle you think was particularly standout?

(...)

I have to say that I don't like (at all) Xenoblade 3 and I haven't played it, but I watched the whole game on YouTube and the same with Future Redeemed. (...)

(...) but Xenoblade 3 is for me the best Xenoblade; it's the best visually, has the best music and the best moments in the series. And Future Redeemed is even better. The ending theme of FR is the best one.

(...)
What?

You don't like XB3, haven't played it, but you think about it all the time and it's "the best Xenoblade"? I'm confused here lol

. For the best experience, play the games in Japanese because that's how Takahashi intended the characters to sound. Always play with the original voices.

Oh no this is one of those threads.

No, you know what, unless you speak Japanese, they intended you to actually understand what's being said over trivial things like the voice.
I don't like Xenoblade 3 but for me it's the best Xenoblade. I like Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 but they are not as good as Xenoblade 3.

This is someone trying out a chat bot, isn't it.

I have to say that I don't like (at all) Xenoblade 3 and I haven't played it, but I watched the whole game on YouTube and the same with Future Redeemed….

…In the end I decided not to buy it because I don't like many things about it….

Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 are my favorite games. I have 250 hours on Xenoblade DE and almost 500 on Xenoblade 2 (only 1 playthrough in both) but Xenoblade 3 is for me the best Xenoblade
How does this even work?

XB1 and XB2 are your favourite games.
You don’t like XB3 and watched it all on YouTube (fair enough).
But you think XB3 has the most epic scene in videogames.
And think XB3 is the best Xenoblade game despite you not even having played it as you ‘decided not to buy it because I don't like many things about it.’
And you’re now recommending people play games you’ve only watched, with your preferences on audio, based on the cut scenes and not the actual gameplay you haven’t played?

I mean. I just don’t understand. I get why anyone might think ‘I can’t be bothered to play it, I’ll watch someone else do it’- not my thing but to each their own. But I don’t get how you can decide a game you haven’t played is better than your favourite ones, or recommend it based only on the cut scenes rather than having actually played it.

Last edited:
No, not really? Even just restricting to the xenoblade series, I think it's pretty middle of the road as 'epic moments' go. Is there a specific part of the battle you think was particularly standout?
Yes. The enemy (N) giving the power to Matthew while Rex and A realize that the sword has the Logos core crystal (or part of it) and the reveal that Pneuma's core was inside Matthew's Gauntlets, then releasing the Ouroboros power to everyone while A is watching (as if she didn't know that would happen; she only knew part of it).

How does this even work?

XB1 and XB2 are your favourite games.
You don’t like XB3 and watched it all on YouTube (fair enough).
But you think XB3 has the most epic scene in videogames.
And think XB3 is the best Xenoblade game despite you not even having played it.
And you’re now recommending people play games you’ve only watched, with your preferences on audio, as if that’s somehow more relevant than the hundred hours of play you haven’t experienced?

I mean. I just don’t understand. I get why anyone might think ‘I can’t be bothered to play it, I’ll watch someone else do it’- not my thing but to each their own. But I don’t get how you can decide a game you haven’t played is better than your favourite ones, or recommend it based on not having played it.
? I don't understand. I consider Xenoblade 3 to be the best Xenoblade but it's not for me because I don't like many aspects of it. I don't like the world (Aionios) because it has places from Xenoblade 1 and 2 that are destroyed and lifeless (the typical post-apocalyptic setting), the characters of Xenoblade 1 and 2 being separated (or dead), soldiers only live up to 10 years for the sole purpose of fighting, 2 Noahs and Mios, Moebius, Z, the existence of Aionios (or better said Z) because of humanity's fears, the exaggerated use of flashbacks... And you could say that everything that happened in Xenoblade 3 was nothing more than a bad dream of Riki or Tora.

But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. For me it's the best Xenoblade as I've already said.

I haven't seen such a bizarre thread since the neogaf days, thank you for giving me a nice dose of nostalgia.

? I don't understand. I consider Xenoblade 3 to be the best Xenoblade but it's not for me because I don't like many aspects of it. I don't like the world (Aionios) because it has places from Xenoblade 1 and 2 that are destroyed and lifeless (the typical post-apocalyptic setting), the characters of Xenoblade 1 and 2 being separated (or dead), soldiers only live up to 10 years for the sole purpose of fighting, 2 Noahs and Mios, Moebius, Z, the existence of Aionios (or better said Z) because of humanity's fears, the exaggerated use of flashbacks... And you could say that everything that happened in Xenoblade 3 was nothing more than a bad dream of Riki or Tora.

But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. For me it's the best Xenoblade as I've already said.
?

My point is that you give a long list why you don’t like it and won’t even play it, but somehow think it’s the best one and recommend others play it even though you haven’t?

Ignoring the quite frankly nonsensical thesis in the OP, not at all. I love Xenoblade, but none of the cutscenes ever really struck me as “epic”. Fun and sometimes badass, sure, but they don’t really scratch that upper crust in terms of epicness in my opinion.

I don't like Xenoblade 3 but for me it's the best Xenoblade. I like Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 but they are not as good as Xenoblade 3.
bolas-bolitas-pelotas-pelotitas-gifmaniacos.es-35.gif

Most epic moment in gaming (imo) is when Melba was reading her book on this cushion in the middle of her house for the 3,284th time. It wasn't any less epic the first 3,283 times, to be clear. I consistently get vibes both epic and badass from this koala.

b812c740a0e868a231bc2755850aacc442343a01.gif

I stan a character who works out not at the gym, but the library.

?

My point is that you give a long list why you don’t like it and won’t even play it, but somehow think it’s the best one and recommend others play it even though you haven’t?
This is extremely wild to me. Games need to be played, GAMEPLAY is the defining characteristic of the medium, you can't form such detailed opinion on a game just by watching Youtube videos.

A Famiboards user that recognizes quality outside of their own tastes? King

Also, no, the most epic moment in gaming history is 10+ rows of Tetris blocks getting Thanos'd at the last second right before you die.

I, too, favor Xenoblade 2 over the others

This is extremely wild to me. Games need to be played, GAMEPLAY is the defining characteristic of the medium, you can't form such detailed opinion on a game just by watching Youtube videos.
And I will never understand that. You can have your opinion about a game even if you haven't played it. If we are talking about VR then yes, you need to play it to have an opinion.

And if I wanted to play the game then I would have played it and my opinion would be the same 😑

And I will never understand that. You can have your opinion about a game even if you haven't played it. If we are talking about VR then yes, you need to play it to have an opinion.

And if I wanted to play the game then I would have played it and my opinion would be the same 😑
I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion about a game without playing it, I'm saying is that you can't have such a detailed opinion in which you say that X game is better than Y.
I know I won't like Xenoblade 3 without having played it and I can say that, but I can't say that it's a good or bad game, much less than it's better or worse than Xenoblade 1 or 2.

Also, no, the most epic moment in gaming history is 10+ rows of Tetris blocks getting Thanos'd at the last second right before you die.

I, too, favor Xenoblade 2 over the others
I think Xenoblade 2 is the worst Xenoblade but it is my favorite game next to Xenoblade 1.

For example, I don't like Blades. The idea of touching a Core Crystal and a being appears... I don't like it. I would like the Blades to be born inside the Titans with knowledge of the language, of the world... and a person would become the Driver of the Blade when he/she resonates with the Blade. To resonate with the Blade you would need to do quests with the Blade and the Blade is the one who agrees to become your Blade; but the Blade only becomes your Blade if the Blade really wants to be your Blade. That is how I would make it.

Just a strange, strange opening post

Dislikes and loves Xenoblade 3 at the same time, didn't play it but thinks about it all the time, capped with the blasphemy of playing Xenoblade subbed

I'm not saying that you can't have an opinion about a game without playing it, I'm saying is that you can't have such a detailed opinion in which you say that X game is better than Y.
I know I won't like Xenoblade 3 without having played it and I can say that, but I can't say that it's a good or bad game, much less than it's better or worse than Xenoblade 1 or 2.
Whether it is better or worse is a matter of opinion. For me Xenoblade 3 is better than Xenoblade 1 and 2 in many ways. I don't like Xenoblade 3 either, but here are some awesome OSTs:

I have to say that I don't like (at all) Xenoblade 3

Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2 are my favorite games.

Xenoblade 3 is for me the best Xenoblade

I think Xenoblade 2 is the worst Xenoblade but it is my favorite game next to Xenoblade 1

HkBlg77.gif

nah even only comparing it to other Xenoblade games that probably wouldn't even make like the top 5 for me if I were to go through the effort making a list maybe not even the top 10, honestly even within Future Redeemed the end of....chapter 3 I think it was? felt more "epic"

great DLC overall though

This is a Xenoblade thread so I feel compelled to comment - but this is one of those occasions where I don't feel good about it. lol

For me, it's no.

I personally think, in terms of scale and 'epicness' the ending of Torna is probably the high of the series. To see a couple of giant mechs duking it out above the dying remnants of the Tornan titan is a sight to behold (love how it's incorporated into the last fight too).

Back
Top Bottom