• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Does Linear 3D Mario Have a Future?

Will we get a linear 3D Mario game within the next 20 years?

• No, it’s dead. Odyssey style is the future

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Yes, we’ll get a new linear styled game

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • Kinda, we might get a game that plays like Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters
Nintendo themselves putting them in different catagories affirms they will co-exist in the future to me.

1azfl8a8tey81.jpg

I didn't know Nintendo saw the Galaxy games as linear, course-clear type games but I guess it makes sense. Feels more like an in between to me. Seeing this is reassuring, I like both kinds and I'd hate to see linear 3D Mario games disappear.

Both play patterns have distinct appeal and some ideas that only work with their framework, so I'd say it's not only possible but also very likely that one day Nintendo will find itself interested in doing another linear experience.

Just my thoughts: I'd love for another franchise to keep on the legacy of linear 3D Mario rather than having it be an either or thing. Nintendo has plenty of other classic franchises that could mold well into the course-clear 3D Marios.

Just my thoughts: I'd love for another franchise to keep on the legacy of linear 3D Mario rather than having it be an either or thing. Nintendo has plenty of other classic franchises that could mold well into the course-clear 3D Marios.
This is how the Yoshi series makes the jump to 3D

Back
Top Bottom