• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Do you think Starfox or F-zero will ever come back?

I still think Nintendo should do a snes style F-Zero 2, using BS G-Zwro as a base

And for new entries, i think people should expect GX will he heavily retuched

Modern Nintendo will never NEVER release GX with is og difficulty

For Star Fox honestly i think that a remaster of Adventure of Assault is probably in the cards

I'm not sure F-Zero GX HD would bomb, but it really would need online play. Without that it just seems like it's running uphill, and not in a Blue Falcon kinda way.

Nate said F-Zero is coming back, so that’s all the confirmation I need really. Star Fox… it needs a complete revamp into something new. I think Star Fox Adventures was on the right track, but it would need more aerial combat missions and the ground missions being more “Star Fox” and less Zelda-ish. Let us run around the Great Fox as a central hub and accept missions from NPCs. Rescue missions, extraction missions, destroy the mothership type missions, etc. etc. It needs to be similar to what has come before, but also vastly different. An evolution, not a rehash.

Nate said F-Zero is coming back, so that’s all the confirmation I need really. Star Fox… it needs a complete revamp into something new. I think Star Fox Adventures was on the right track, but it would need more aerial combat missions and the ground missions being more “Star Fox” and less Zelda-ish. Let us run around the Great Fox as a central hub and accept missions from NPCs. Rescue missions, extraction missions, destroy the mothership type missions, etc. etc. It needs to be similar to what has come before, but also vastly different. An evolution, not a rehash.
Is say no to most of that everything outside a hub zone needs to be done in vehicles

Sure worked for adventure and the ground mission in assault..... oh wait
not like being a rail shooter helped Star Fox in recent years either. Star Fox is a foot in the grave as is. why not try a contemporary, Vanquish/Mass Effect styled shooter with vehicles? shit, why not a 2D dating sim? anything at this point. I still think a rail shooter doesn't allow for growth if they don't pair it with something more in-vogue

not like being a rail shooter helped Star Fox in recent years either. Star Fox is a foot in the grave as is. why not try a contemporary, Vanquish/Mass Effect styled shooter with vehicles? shit, why not a 2D dating sim? anything at this point. I still think a rail shooter doesn't allow for growth if they don't pair it with something more in-vogue
no actually agree about being a rail shooter part but just make it a long fleshed out all-rang mode game like ace combat

For others like me looking for Star Fox style games:

Just heard of this today, looks cool.

Plus there's this Ex-Zodiac game, which is in Early Access:

Sure worked for adventure and the ground mission in assault..... oh wait
Those were fine? Assault was the proper direction to take the series, it was actually innovating on the formula and doing something new. You know, like a proper sequel.

I'm not sure F-Zero GX HD would bomb, but it really would need online play. Without that it just seems like it's running uphill, and not in a Blue Falcon kinda way.
If they shadowdrop it during a Direct and it's basically a straight HD port (ala Pikmin 1/2 HD), maybe with online, it sells 1 million.

If they actually market the game as bigger title (ala Skyward Sword HD) and spruce up the visuals, 2-3 million.

I don't see it bombing

No game's been purely a rail shooter since Star Fox 2, and I'd note Star Fox 64 in particular back in the day was popular in very large part due to the multiplayer experience. I don't see the point in saying it needs to be more than a rail shooter when even the most successful game in the series doesn't fall into that definition.
Those were fine? Assault was the proper direction to take the series, it was actually innovating on the formula and doing something new. You know, like a proper sequel.
The fundamentals are a solid continuation for sure, the shooter element even has its origin in Star Fox 64. even if it's just a bonus mode with little depth to it in that game. The big issue was the single player clearly being a after thought, if they had made a more bespoke single player campaign I think it would've want down a lot better.

No game's been purely a rail shooter since Star Fox 2, and I'd note Star Fox 64 in particular back in the day was popular in very large part due to the multiplayer experience. I don't see the point in saying it needs to be more than a rail shooter when even the most successful game in the series doesn't fall into that definition.
I think it says something that the series' identity is still that of a rail-shooter. but I'd also argue they haven't fully committed to being that something else. Assault and Adventure tried the hardest even if they weren't good versions of what they attempted to be. SF2 and Command, I don't have experience with, I must admit, so I can't say how well their strategy elements were.

I think it says something that the series' identity is still that of a rail-shooter. but I'd also argue they haven't fully committed to being that something else. Assault and Adventure tried the hardest even if they weren't good versions of what they attempted to be. SF2 and Command, I don't have experience with, I must admit, so I can't say how well their strategy elements were.
They were okay & nothing to really write home about.

kinda of crazy how much deader star fox is now compared to Metroid like star Fox 1 and 64 both sold extremely well both over 4 million beating the current best-selling Metroid game Dread, but starting with star fox adventure sales and reputation fell off a fucking cliff

kinda of crazy how much deader star fox is now compared to Metroid like star Fox 1 and 64 both sold extremely well both over 4 million beating the current best-selling Metroid game Dread, but starting with star fox adventure sales and reputation fell off a fucking cliff
You could say they went to zero

Back
Top Bottom