• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Do you think now that nintendo confirmed switch 2 third parties will start announcing their games as coming to nintendo next gen console

Do you think now that nintendo confirmed switch 2 third parties will start announcing their games as

• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we might just get some vague hints with far out games, but anything coming launch year might not be talked about until we get an idea of the launch window. Kinda like how the only third party game we know for awhile fo switch was dragon quest 11

From what brazil said than yes.

Doors will probably slightly open today and be wide open after the June Direct (SGF).

Maybe some? I would expect announcements of existing multiplats to be announced, but nothing beyond that.

Something like: "Street Fighter VI will be coming to Nintendo's next-gen platform. Stay tuned."

I don’t think we’ll see any confirmed support until there’s an official announcement of the name and logo of the new device. Outside of vague ‘targeting all major platforms’ or something. Once Nintendo does that I think the floodgates will open and there will be a ton of confirmations.

I think we'll get "some" announcements, but vast majority will be announced once the official reveal is made.

yea, I think so. probably next month where devs will be able to say "and the next nintendo system" in interviews

I think at least part of the reason they "announced" it now is so 3rd parties can do exactly that. Some of them probably already had plans to do so before the Switch 2 was delayed out of this year, so soft-confirming a new console now makes a lot of people's lives a lot easier

Also let's be real, Horii was probably planning on announcing Dragon Quest 12 for "NX2" whether or not Nintendo said anything official

We'll probably get something like the Dragon Quest XI announcement. Maybe Hori casually says XII is coming to Switch 2.

I believe some indie developers will put it on their game trailers to broader the visibility, I saw some putting NX or just a Nintendo and blur back in 2016 before the October trailer.

Maybe some big third party developer says one of their 2025 games is coming to the next platform, or Atlus says they'll release Persona 3 Reload for it.

I don't think there will be many tho.

It happened with the 'NX':

This was before the March 2017 date, and the console itself of course, was revealed. So it would be completely unsurprising if the same thing happens even more frequently with the Switch 2.

Sucks that we don't have a cool codename to describe it by, though.

No....unless they have a very specific relationship with the game and its launch on the Switch 2. Maybe Nintendo would give them the ok?

We may need to wait until it's fully revealed.

Probably not in any significant way. I'd imagine most studios are in the marketing pipeline to be featured in some during/post reveal, and have no reason to jump ahead of that.

Not until Nintendo provides more details, at least a name and launch window, but more likely not until they do a proper full reveal.

There's really no reason for Nintendo to allow third parties to drip-feed game announcements prior to the reveal. It just takes away from the reveal itself, where they're likely going to want to have at least a couple of major third party games on display as part of the reveal.

Nah, they will need

1: to see if the console will be attractive
2: leave the Nintendo games take their breath avoiding overlap
3: check if Nintendo games will build an audience also for their own established brands
4: start looking into dev pipeline and cycle
5: once done, understand if the increased dev timings would generate a game on time to be played by an install base still active
6: finally prefer to not invest because it's too late
7: skip the Switch 2 gen almost entirely

/jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom