• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Do you prefer MK8 online or F-Zero 99 style racing?

Which racing style do you prefer?

• Total voters

Kreese

Koopa
Banned
Obviously as games it's hard to compare because MK8 is a full release that is absolutely brimming with content and F-Zero 99 is a free game with Nintendo online, but generally speaking which style of online racing do you prefer?

I've always been more of an F-Zero guy and prefer the flow as there is generally a lot less stopping and re-starting like there is every time you get shelled in Mario Kart. The racing is faster and more zen-like in F-Zero to suit my tastes. The increased focus on battle here obviously makes 99 a little more similar to MK8 mayhem but they are still entirely different racing experiences.

No both option?
Nope.

Both games rule but we're going full battle mode here.

b1f7a65c-3337-4b6d-84ba-3dd2acf5a83f_text.gif

Mario Kart

But I played some 99 last night and got through the trials. I think it's fun and I hope this is the skeleton of a new F-Zero game.

I think a new F-Zero needs the chaotic fun gameplay elements to succeed and grow the series. If it focuses on serious racing it will stay niche and they might as well just remaster GX.

F-Zero 99, if anything else, because getting into a race is a lot faster and snappier than Mario Kart, and the "one more race" factor is high.

MK8 but future entries need a way shorter boot-to-race timing. F-Zero 99 is so chaotic, that the others are no distinct racers anymore, just noise on the track.

It's fun, that's Sure. But after 3 races or so I'm usually done.

Haven't played F-Zero 99 yet but drifting and items makes Mario Kart way better than the competition.

I do agree with Tangerine_Cookie tho and I wish more Nintendo online games would be that snappy. Arms had barely any waiting afair so the MK team is definitely capable of creating a better system for MK but I dont think they will.

I prefer F-zero to Mario Kart. F-zero 99 isn't too much like F-zero because of how many cars there are and the changes they make to steering for chaotic effect however.

One of them has been around since the Switch's launch, and the other one came out less than a week ago. So I would say that I've had more good times playing Mario Kart 8 online. Especially because I can play with other people in the room. What are we asking about here exactly?

I'm one of those weirdos who rarely ever plays MK8D online and mostly just does VS matches against CPUs. F-Zero 99's online experience is integral to the game itself and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mario Kart made the tracks wider to accomodate 12 players. F-Zero said fuck it and cramped 99 racers onto the same narrow track.

Advantage F-Zero.

I like both for different occasions.

MK8DX is like going to a theme park. Yeah, sure, I'm trying to win the race, but I'm also there to soak in the sights and sounds of some of the best tracks in any racing game ever made. Also, like a theme park, my kids are into it so it's a easy sell for a little screen time before bed.

F-Zero 99 is like going golfing. Yeah, it looks nice, but I'm mostly there to just kick my opponent's ass (or at least do better than I did before). And just like golf, I fail to do that just about every time I hit the links.

Back
Top Bottom