• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Do you make your bed every day?

How often do you make your bed?

• Total voters

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
A simple question. Do you make your bed everyday? If not how often do you make it? I usually make it everyday.

Of course! I even make it when I know I'm going to have to unmake it later to step on it to hang decorations on the wall next to it.

Yes, it's the first task of the day. Easily accomplished and so good when you get to bed at night.

I usually do it in the afternoon or early night. I just can't sleep if the bed isn't made.

yes! since i WFH a lot during the week, i feel like leaving my bed unmade makes me feel stressed out by being in my room. if i'm jumping out of bed and immediately leaving though (usually on weekends), i may just not make it and deal with it when i get home.

It's so far down the list of things I want to / need to do every day so it's very rare. Ever since we had our third kid it's basically never.

Only when I’m expecting company. Otherwise my room is whatever I want it to be lol

I basically never make my bed, but I don't need to do so. I just pass out in top of it in my bathrobe.

I'm not sure I've made our bed more than a half dozen times since I've been married. Now that we aren't in small apartments and guests wouldn't even see it, never. We each use our own king/queen comforters, and other blankets, so I'm not even sure what it would like if we tried nowadays.

Yeah, almost always unless I’m late to work-from-home. Even then, I’ll go back once whatever meeting I rushed to join is over.

It doesn’t always look pretty though. Sometimes I’ll just pull the top sheet and comforter over so the bed looks presentable to my cats. I don’t want them to judge me.

They do either way.

I used to do it when I was younger, since that’s how I was taught. But when I started living on my own in the dorms/my own place, I found that I didn’t need to? Especially when I’d be staying cooped up so I was bound to mess up the bed throughout the day anyway.

Just cleaned it up approximately every week to get rid of the dust, and that was good enough.

Back
Top Bottom